What is Hair Spa?
Hair spa is also described as a hair rebirth therapy, as it gives lifeless hair new life. The ingredients present in Hair Spa, reverse the damage and boost hair health. Due to excessive pollution, sunlight and stressful lives, it is essential to give hair a nourishing treatment. Hair spa is a perfect solution to build the strength of hair follicle giving hair strong and bouncy look.
Females mostly opt for the hair spa treatment to keep their hair healthy and free from damage. They mostly go for hair spa, before any big event where they want their hair to look the best.
Individual as young as 14 years can start with it as most of the problems of hair and scalp start during this age. Hair spa can be done once in two weeks and you can even go for it every week.
Benefits of Hair Spa (1)
- Hair spa is beneficial in conditioning the hair and reducing the appearance of split ends and dry hair.
- Hair Spa rescues the hair issues, such as hair loss, baldness and dandruff.
- Hair spa is also beneficial in controlling the damaging effects of chemical and pollutants caused by various hair products. The chemicals in these products seep deep into the hair, damaging them and hair spa helps reverse the damage.
- Hair spa treatment stimulates the nerves and enhances the blood flow to the scalp. An improved blood flow ensures an increased supply of nutrients to the scalp.
- One of the benefits of Hair spa is that it helps remove impurities, which block the pores and become an obstruction in healthy hair growth.
- The hair massage given during hair spa treatment gives a relaxing feeling to the patient and gives relief from stress. Hair spa also helps in preventing the problem of aging and itching.
- Improved hair density.
- Hair spa removes dryness and mating of hair and also prevents them getting detangled easily.
- One can get improved softness and smoothness of hair with the rehydrating and rejuvenating effects of hair spa.
Home Hair Spa Treatments
- Olive Oil Hair Spa: Massage olive oil on your hair and scalp. Start from the scalp and move down to the hair tips. Steam hair for about ten minutes and wash them with a mild shampoo. This can be done two times a week. Olive oil is an excellent hair conditioner, as it is a rich source of antioxidant, which helps prevent hair damage.(2,3) Olive oil hydrates hair and forms a protective barrier around it.
- Hair Spa with Eggs: Whisk one egg in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it until it forms a smooth mixture. Steam hair for 10 minutes and then apply egg and coconut oil mask on hair. Wait for 20 minutes and wash away with mild shampoo and cold water. Cold water helps wash away the smell of egg. An egg is a good source of protein and provides strength to hair preventing hair damage.(4,5) Coconut oil is an excellent natural source to give hair its shine and strength. Hair spa with eggs reduces the protein loss from hair.
- Hair Spa with Banana: Mash a banana into a smooth paste. Add olive oil to it and steam hair for 10 minutes. Apply the paste of banana and olive oil to hair. Keep for 30 minutes and then wash off with cold water and mild shampoo. Banana being rich in potassium, vitamins and natural oil, improves the hair texture and keeps them healthy.(6,7)
- Milk and Honey Hair Spa: Add one teaspoon of honey to a cup of raw milk. After giving steam to hair for 10 minutes, start applying honey and milk mixture to hair. Completely saturate the hair with the mixture. Leave it on hair for 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo. Honey help bind moisture to the hair and milk help nourish hair and maintain the lustrous shine and improves the texture. Honey also helps prevent hair loss.(8)
- Strawberry Hair Spa: Take one cup chopped strawberry, one egg yolk and 2 tablespoon olive oil. Blend the ingredients into a smooth paste. Steam hair for ten minutes and apply the strawberry mask all over the hair. Wash hair with cold water and mild shampoo. Strawberry contains ellagic acid, vitamin B5, B6, and folic acid, which help prevent hair fall.(9)
Hair spa might seem like a short-lived treatment, but the effects of hair spa are long-lasting, as the treatment works on the roots and scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.