Bananas are easy to implement into a daily diet because of sweet taste.
- Bananas are naturally fat and cholesterol free.
- Fresh bananas are highly potassium content fruit. Potassium is good for nerve and muscle function and prevents muscle cramps after exercise. Potassium also helps to control heart rate and blood pressure, countering bad effects of sodium.
- Bananas are being used by athletes to get instant energy. Bananas contain fructose, glucose, sucrose and maltose. Bananas also provide antioxidants that are not found in sports drinks.
- Bananas are very useful in gaining weight fast. It is used as supplement food in the treatment plan for underweight children.
- Bananas contain a good amount of vitamin C. Vitamin C is responsible for helping the body absorb iron and also destroys free radicals, most commonly associated with cell damage and signs of aging.
- Bananas are easy to digest. It keeps digestion regular and helps to maintain low blood sugar and curbs overeating.
- Bananas prevent the weakening of the body’s bones. Probiotic bacteria present in bananas help in absorbing calcium and increasing the digestive ability. Bananas are also good source of manganese, which is necessary for bone health and metabolism.
- Bananas diminish the uncomfortable effects of constipation and diarrhea. It contains good amount of soluble dietary fiber.
- Bananas are an excellent source of vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that prevents cardiovascular disease, type II diabetes, as well as obesity. Vitamin B6 also helps the body make several neurotransmitters and maintain healthy brain function. Neurotransmitters are endogenous chemicals that carry signals from one nerve cell to another.
- Bananas are good for people who suffer from ulcer. Banana is a barrier against stomach acids.
- Bananas are rich in iron. Eating bananas increase iron and thereby hemoglobin content is increased. Bananas are beneficial in the anemic treatment.