Head Lice-A Menace to Humankind
Head Lice has been a cause of concern especially among children but equally among adults as well. Lice infestation is a common menace among school age children. Because humans are primary hosts for head lice, these parasites can survive on the human scalp throughout their lives and feed on blood. Female lice lay around 5 eggs each every day. The egg is present normally on the hair shaft at its base and sometimes on the hair itself. Within a few days these eggs become mature. Head lice are transmitted from one person to another through direct contact with an infected person. it can also spread through sharing hair brushes, towels, or caps. The parasite causes excessive itching on the scalp and leads to development of crusts.
Excessive scratching of the scalp can also lead to secondary bacterial infection. The development of Vamousse Lice Treatment is a bring turnaround in the treatment of head lice. With this form of treatment, elimination of head lice is now significantly easier. By simply applying Vamousse over the hair up to the scalp once, a person can get rid of head lice along with its eggs within 20 minutes. The main benefit of choosing Vamousse over other conventional forms of treatment is that it is non-toxic, safe, and does not contain any harmful products like pesticides. Vamousse lice treatment is an easily available OTC product, which can even be used on children aged 2 years and above. Read on to know all about the ingredients used in Vamousse lice treatment and its effectiveness.
What are the Ingredients of Vamousse Lice Treatment and How Effective Is It?
Isopropyl myristate and isopropyl alcohol are the main products through which Vamousse head lice mousse is made. Unlike the traditional anti-head lice products, Vamousse does not have any harmful pesticides. The ingredients in Vamousse Lice Treatment are not poisonous like the conventional anti-lice treatment products which are made of poisonous chemicals. Basically, the mechanism of working of Vamousse is by dissolving the outer sheath of the lice and the eggs. With this accomplished, the lice and the egg is not able to survive for more than 15-20 minutes. Since the ingredients of Vamousse damage the head lice and its eggs physically, there is no real threat of the lice becoming resistant to this form of treatment. As both the adult lice and its eggs get killed by applying Vamousse only once repeat application of the product is not required. Hence you can see that Vamousse lice treatment is very effective in treating head lice.
How Should Vamousse Lice Treatment be Used?
It is extremely easy to apply Vamousse lice treatment. Everyone in the family with head lice should be treated the same day so as to prevent any spread of head lice. The can containing Vamousse Lice Treatment should be shaken well before using the mousse. The ingredients of the can should be applied on dry hair. A small portion of hair should be taken and the mousse should be applied on it, starting from the scalp right up till the tip of the hair strands. This should be repeated on all portions of the hair. The application of the Vamousse mousse should be stopped once the entire scalp and hair has got covered with the ingredient. The entire can of Vamousse should be finished in one go. The ingredients of Vamousse should be allowed to stay on the hair for 20 minutes so that they get absorbed easily. The hair should then be combed from root to tip with a comb that comes with the Vamousse kit to free up the hair from dead eggs and lice. The comb should be cleaned thereafter. Once combing is complete, the scalp and hair should be washed with shampoo to complete Vamousse Lice Treatment.
Vamousse is considered very safe and effective for use with almost no side effects for the treatment of lice. Rare side effects from Vamousse can be redness and itching on the scalp. If excessive itching or rash is experienced after Vamousse lice treatment application, the scalp and hair should be washed immediately with shampoo.