Being one of the oldest sweeteners on the earth, honey is loaded with numerous therapeutic properties and health beneficial properties. The antioxidant properties of honey removes toxins from the body and its antibacterial properties improve the skin condition.
In this article, we give you 15 ways in which honey intake benefits the body.
- Lose Stubborn Weight with Honey. When wanting to lose weight, the nutritionist puts a stop to all kind of sugar, but not honey. Honey has the ability to boost the metabolic system, which is essential for weight loss. So with honey intake, you can increase your metabolic rate and lose that stubborn weight. Honey is also good for improving overall health.
- Get Clear Skin with Honey. The antioxidant properties of honey helps remove toxins from the body, which in turn gives you a much clearer skin. Honey intake benefits by getting clear skin. Those suffering from any skin condition can also benefit from the antibacterial properties of honey, as it can fight conditions like acne. Honey also bears excellent moisturizing and nourishing properties. Hence honey face masks can be used for skin protection and nourishment. Honey unclogs pores and prevents formation of acne and blackheads.
- Honey, a Natural Antiseptic Agent. Honey also has antiseptic properties and is useful in treating wounds, cuts, bruises, burns and other infections in the body.
- Strong Heart with Honey Intake. The antioxidants in honey prevent the arteries from narrowing. Narrowing of the artery can lead to cardiac failure, memory loss and headaches. A spoonful of honey diluted in a glass of water if taken every day benefits your body by preventing cardiac failure.
- Honey Intake Helps in Lowering Cholesterol. Honey has zero cholesterol content. The antioxidants in honey actually help fight cholesterol. The constituents and vitamins present in honey help in decreasing the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Honey Intake Improves Memory. The calcium content of honey is easily ingested by the brain. Honey has the ability to fight stress and restore the antioxidant defence system thus improving your memory. Consuming honey boosts memory and concentration and also increases the brain power, making the person healthier altogether.
- Get Quality Sleep with Honey. The natural sugar in honey increases the level of insulin in the blood. Increased insulin level leads to the release of serotonin, which further gets transformed into melatonin. Melatonin helps promote sleep quality. Honey can be mixed with warm milk and can be consumed before going to sleep at night. This form of honey intake benefits the body by relieving stress, calming the brain, and giving a good night’s sleep.
- Honey Intake Cleans the Digestive System. The antiseptic properties in honey help in treating various infections in the digestive tract. A spoonful of honey every day when taken on an empty stomach heals the small wounds in the mucous membrane of the stomach, destroys germs and keeps the digestive health up to date.
- Consume Honey to Soothe your Nerves. The glucose present in honey gets quickly absorbed by the blood and soothes the nerves and relieves fatigue. Honey relaxes the body and helps in various neurological disorders too.
- Honey Intake Strengthens the Immune System. Honey bears numerous medicinal properties that help in curing various illnesses in the body. The bacteria-fighting agents fight the infection caused by bacteria, virus, and fungus. Most important of all, is regular intake of honey benefits your body by strengthening your immune system. Due to the antioxidants present in honey, if it is consumed daily can raise the immunity in children as well as elderly.
- Get Rid of Cough with Honey Intake. Honey is a very good remedy to relieve a dry and mucous cough. Honey can be mixed with ginger to enhance its curing effects of a persistent cough. Honey cures throat irritation and if taken at night prevents cough which disturbs sleep.
- Honey Intake Removes Dandruff. Honey nourishes dry hair and gives them a smooth and soft texture. Honey also relieves irritation in scalp due to dandruff. Mix two tablespoon of honey with two tablespoons of vegetable oil, and apply it on the scalp. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo and enjoy dandruff free hair.
- Honey Intake Heals Wounds. Honey is known to destroy the bacteria, which can infect or penetrate a wound. The antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties of honey promote wound healing and help heals wounds faster.
- Honey Intake Eases Sinuses. During an infection, the bacteria and the virus block the sinuses (small cavities in the skull that produce mucus to guard the respiratory system from allergies and infection). Honey, which is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, helps clear off the sinus infection and reduce sinus inflammation. Honey also soothes a sore throat and strengthens the immune system.
- Prevent Gum Disease with Honey Intake. The healing properties in honey help in treating various tooth and gum diseases. The antiseptic hydrogen peroxide is released by honey that prevents the growth of bacteria. Honey is often advised by the experts to be mixed with water and to be used as a mouth wash. Rubbing the honey directly onto the gums in infants gives relief from the pain during dentition or teething period.
- Honey: A Sweet Remedy For Many Ailments- Know Its Types, Benefits
- Can Honey Cause Botulism in Infants?
- Honey for Eyes: Is Honey Beneficial for Improving Eyesight?
- Is Honey Effective in Treating Allergy Symptoms?
- Why is Honey Harmful for Babies?
- 13 Health Benefits of Raw Unprocessed Honey
- Is it Good to Apply Honey on your Skin?