What To Do For A Sore Toe?
Toes are that part of the foot which bears the brunt of what an individual does during a day. They bear the entire weight of the body and thus are susceptible to injuries and soreness. There may be many causes for a toe to become sore.
A sore toe may be also caused due to an injury to the toe, an ill-fitting shoe, infections, and conditions like arthritis, neuromas, ingrown toenails, and gout. Whatever may be the cause of a sore toe there are many treatment options available which can fix a sore toe.
What To Do For A Sore Toe?
Some of the ways to fix a sore toe with simple home remedies are:
Rest: This is the best way to treat a sore toe. Resting the affected toe is especially beneficial when you have to wear shoes and are up on your feet for most part of the day due to your work routine. You can stay off of the affected foot for a couple of days until the symptoms of pain resolve and the sore toe is fixed. Try and avoid any activities that may aggravate the condition.
Icing: icing the affected foot is yet another effective way to treat sore toe. You can wrap a few cubes of ice in a towel and place the towel for 15-20 minutes two to three times a day on the sore toe for the inflammation to calm down and the pain to resolve. You should make sure not to apply ice directly on the affected toe as it may lead to blisters.
Over-The-Counter Pain Medications: There are many over the counter pain medications available in the market which can effectively help you get rid of a sore toe. You should make sure to consult your physician before starting medications and read the package closely to know whether there is any side effect profile of the medication.
Epsom Salt Soak. This too is a useful home remedy to get rid of sore toe. Epsom salt is easily available in the market and is extremely beneficial for a sore toe. You need to put a handful of Epsom salt in half a bucket of lukewarm water and soak the affected foot in it for about 30 minutes. Doing this two to three times a day will provide a soothing effect to the affected toe and ultimately fix a sore toe.
- Dislocated Toe: Signs, Symptoms, Treatment- RICE, Buddy Tape, Strapping, Whirlpool
- Broken Toe or Fractured Toe: Symptoms, Types, Treatment, Prognosis, Recovery
- Hammer Toe or Contracted Toe: Causes, Treatment, How Does Hammer Toe Look Like & How Long Does it Last?
- Ingrown Toenail or Onychocryptosis: Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Investigations, Treatment, Home Remedies, Prevention
- Turf Toe: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Recovery Period
- Swollen Toe or Toe Swelling: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
- Foot Cramps or Toe Cramps: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Ways To Get Rid of Cramps
- Hammer Toe Treatment Without Surgery: Splints, Shoes, Pads, Exercise
- Big Toe Pain: Know What Can Cause Pain in Hallux Toe and its Treatment