Glyxambi is made up of linagliptin and empagliflozin which are orally administered diabetes medications used to regulate blood sugar intensities. Linagliptin works by curbing insulin levels that your body releases after a meal. Empagliflozin assists the kidneys to eliminate glucose from the blood.
How Effective is Glyxambi?
Glyxambi is combined with exercise and diet to effectively promote blood sugar regulation in adults suffering from type 2 diabetes. Glyxambi drug is not used for treating diabetes type 1.
Glyxambi is as well administered to effectively reduce the danger of fatality from stroke, heart attack, or collapsing of the heart in adult patients with type 2 diabetes & who is also suffering from heart problems.
Before Using Glyxambi
People who have allergy towards linagliptin and empagliflozin should not use glyxambi; or if one has:
- Serious kidney illness or when on dialysis
- A record of serious skin reaction or allergic after using linagliptin
- If one is in a condition known as diabetic ketoacidosis (ask your doctor to treat you with the insulin).
Before taking glyxambi, inform your physician if you possess:
- Liver illness
- Kidney illness
- Increased level of triglycerides or cholesterol in blood
- A record of alcoholism
- Pancreas problem
- Low blood pressure
- History of infections of the vagina or penis
- If one is on salt regulated diet
- If one is 65 years and above.
We do not know whether glyxambi can hurt your unborn child. Notify your physician if you are planning to conceive or if you are already carrying.
We do not know if linagliptin or empagliflozin in glyxambi mixes with mother's milk or if it can hurt a nursing child. Inform your doctor when you are breastfeeding while using this medication.
What is the Recommended Dosage of Glyxambi?
Adult Dosage of Glyxambi for Treating Diabetes Type 2:
Initial dose: Administer glyxambi orally Empagliflozin 10 milligrams linagliptin 5 milligrams once daily every morning.
Increased dose: Administer glyxambi orally empagliflozin 25 milligrams linagliptin 5 milligrams once per day if the lesser dose was endured.
Maximum dose: Take Empagliflozin 25 milligrams linagliptin 5 milligrams once per day.
When administered together with insulin secretagogues or insulin, a reduced dose of insulin or insulin secretagogues may be essential to minimize the risks of hypoglycemia.
Glyxambi is used as an effective aid to exercise and diet to promote glycemic regulation in adults suffering from type two diabetes mellitus when therapy with coupled with glyxambi is fitting.
What are the Side Effects of Glyxambi?
Seek immediate medical assistance if you experience any symptoms of allergic reactions to glyxambi; such as breathing difficulties, hives or swelling of the lips, throat, face and tongue
Stop the intake of glyxambi and contact your doctor if one has the following severe side effects of glyxambi:
- Serious constant joint pain
- Severe skin reaction like blisters, itching, failure of the external cover of skin,
- Excess acidity in blood (ketoacidosis) signs – confusion, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, breathing problem, drowsiness.
- Symptoms of pancreatitis like upper stomach pain, vomiting, nausea, back aches, rapid heartbeat.
- Dehydration signs such as weakness, dizziness, faint feeling
- Severe glyxambi symptoms of bladder complications like cloudy urine, burning pain when urinating, pelvis or back pain,
- Symptoms of vagina or penis infections like itching, pain, burning, odor, discharge, redness.
Usual side effects of glyxambi include:
- Sore throat
- Problem urinating
- Sinus pain, blocked or running nose are the usual side effects of glyxambi.