How does it feel like waking up with a horrible cotton mouth feeling, a pounding headache, brain fog, mild nausea, fatigue, and with a, ‘just lie there’, feeling. This is how you feel in weed hangover. Though weed hangover is not as annoying as the alcohol hangover, knowing how to deal with them can help in getting through with all the above feelings, which can actually be quite annoying.
What Causes Weed Hangover?
Smoking weed may leave 4 people unaffected while 1 may end up feeling hung the next day. The cause varies and could be more than one factor listed below working against you.
- If you are trying weed for the first time or trying it in some new method, you might experience some residual effects in the morning.
- If you have consumed an excessive quantity of weed.
- Depending on the way you have consumed weed also matters. Smoking, vaping, or eating may have different effects. Also how you have smoked weed for example with blunts, pipes, bongs, or joint, effect differently.
- Quality of product also has massive effects.
How To Overcome Weed Hangover?
It is very unlikely for the weed hangovers to last very long. Most of the time hangover goes away on its own. There is no immediate fix but few of the below tip can give relief:
Drinking plenty of water helps with alcohol hangover. Also same applies for the weed hangover. Drinking enough water before, during, and after weed helps relieve dry eyes, dry mouth, and headache.
Eat Healthy, Nutritious Breakfast
Eating healthy and balanced breakfast, the morning after weed use helps in getting relief from the symptoms of a hangover.
Try eating a small serving of whole-grain carbs, a source of protein and healthy fat.
Ginger helps in giving relief from digestive symptoms such as nausea. Add ginger to warm water and add honey and lemon to it. Drinking it can give relief to the upset stomach.
Take a Shower
Taking a shower helps in feeling fresh and hydrated. Hot steam bath helps open airways.
Any caffeinated drink such as coffee or tea can help bring down the symptoms and increase alertness.
Get a Massage
Achieve full-body tranquillity by getting a full body massage. It relaxes the muscles and relieves tension and stress which helps in overcoming the discomforting symptoms.
It can help counteract some of the symptoms of a weed hangover.
Continuous headache can be relieved by taking a pain killer such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
Everyone is different and how they react to things is also different. Weed hangover affects only a small portion of smokers. The above tips can be tried by those who get it, along with plenty of rest.
How Long Does Weed High Last?
The effect of the weed lasts depending on the dosage, concentration and the delivery method. It also depends on the tolerance and the metabolism of the person. Most of the time, it is observed that the marijuana high, lasts for 1 hour- 4 hours.
Recent research on medical marijuana recommends that the effects last for one day after the last time it was used.(1) It affects learning and memory performances, as shown in research.(2)
If experiencing weed hangover frequently, it might be a sign that you are overdoing it. Curbing the usage and seeing a doctor might prove to be of help.
Weed can be addictive. More often you use it, more you get dependant on it. Watch out for the signs of addiction such as:
- Using it on a daily basis
- Craving for it
- Thinking about obtaining it
- Keeping a constant supply
- Spending a lot of money, even if not able to afford it
- Avoiding places or situation where you cannot use it
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms
If you experience such symptoms, look for a help, or look out for ways you can quit it.
- Health Benefits & Dangers of Seaweed
- 8 Weeds That Benefit Health
- Why Does Smoking Weed Cause Coughing & How to Prevent It?
- Does Weed Help Reduce Inflammation and Relieve Pain?
- Top 13 Health Benefits of Wakame Seaweeds
- Horny Goat Weed: Benefits & Side Effects