Everyone goes through the phase where they are overwhelmed with the negative emotion, such as the pressure, despair, anger, confusion and nervousness. In such case, how we react depends upon whether you can make the difference between the confident versus insecurity, proactive versus reactive and success versus failure.
Below is the list of 10 ways that will help you to control your reaction in the hard times. All these tips have the positive interruption to emotional or negative mental state common in it. Use these tips to control your outcome.
- If you are upset with someone or angry, then you should take a deep breath before you say or do anything that you might regret later. Count from ten to one it will help you to get in control. It will also give you time to think and resolve the problem rather than escalating it. You can revisit the issue later.
- You should avoid jumping to the negative conclusion when you feel adversely on the behavior of someone. Try reviewing the situation in different angle before you react. For example, if you feel your friend or colleague is ignoring you then you can think that she or he might be busy. We can view the expression and emotion of others more objectively. It will avoid misunderstanding.
- If you are dealing with a difficult person then you should initially try to view a situation according to their way. You should add the sentence “It must not be easy” while reviewing a particular situation, it will help you to understand the air state properly. It is always better to be reasonable and considerate to understand others difficult behavior.
- When someone pressurizes you for a particular decision that you are sure about then you should buy some time and tell them “I’ll think about it”. It will put you in great control over the situation. You should take the required time to know about the pros and cons of the situation.
- If you feel anxious and nervous then put cold water on your face. It will lower down the heart rate of ten to twenty five percent instantly.
- When you feel stress, then have coffee or green tea it will help you to reduce stress. The warm cup of coffee in your hand can also elevate your mood.
- Try intense aerobic exercises when you feel discouraged or fearful. It will energize you.
- If you find yourself obsessing for unnecessary anxiety, over-sensitivity, unhealthy rumination or unhealthy rumination then distract your mind with constructive activities.
- If you feel uninspired, confused or overwhelmed surround yourself with green and blue color as it has calming effects. It is better if you immerse yourself in the nature. It will give you time to give a comeback with the new inspiration and a fresh perspective.
- You should learn from your experiences and failure. It will help you to improve yourself and you can easily deal when you are in the similar situation again in the future.
- 8 Simple Guidelines to Clear Out Negative Thoughts from your Mind
- 14 Strategies to Deal with Stress after a Long Work Day
- How Music can be a Secret Weapon to Reduce Daily Stress?
- Can Stress Cause Chest Pain?
- Stress Affects your Entire System and Not Just Your Mind!
- 6 Stress Management echniques to Take Control of Your Own Life