Bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements will help in boosting the healing process of a fractured human bone. Our body starts to act immediately to sort of self-restore any fracture of bone. However, the completeness and time of healing is largely determined by many factors including our lifestyle and bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements that we take during the healing process. Proper nutritious diet can ensure excellent healing of fractured bones in quick time and can also minimize the risk of any fractures in future. The whole process of healing can be divided into three stages: Inflammation phase, reparative phase and remodeling.
Bone Fracture Healing Foods or Bone Healing Supplements that Promote Healing
You can significantly speed up the process of healing of a broken bone by taking care nutritional needs of the body by adding bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements to your diet. Healing process requires a lot of energy that needs to be supplied with proper bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements.
Bone Fracture Healing Foods or Bone Healing Supplements that Fulfill the Energy Requirements of the Body
There are many bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements that can help in providing more energy for faster bone healing. It is important to include high calorie food into your food as healing of a broken bone demands lot of energy. Under normal circumstances, an average requirement of an adult is about 2,500 calories per day, but in case of any bone fracture it can increase up to 6,000 calories in a day. Some of the high calorie foods are nuts, chocolate, cakes, butter, whole wheat bread etc…
Bone Fracture Healing Foods or Bone Healing Supplements that Contain High Protein Diet
Bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements which contain high protein will surely aid in faster recovery of a fracture. Protein plays a key role in building tissues including bones which is a type of connective tissues in our body. Thus in case of facture of bone, body requires more protein to develop new bone to heal up the fractures. Protein is very helpful in bone renewal and promoting growth in the body. 50 percent of the bone is made up of protein in terms of volume. Thus, during healing process the protein requirement of the body can increase by 10-20 grams per day. Also there are certain amino acids like arginine, lysine, cystine, glycine, proline and glutamine that are helpful in healing. Lysine helps in easy absorption of calcium absorption further enhancing the regeneration of bone.
Bone Fracture Healing Foods or Bone Healing Supplements that has Anti-inflammatory Nutrients
The anti-inflammatory nutrients which are present in bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements will definitely support in healing bone. It is very important in bone fracture to take care of oxidative damage resulting from the radicals free from oxidant as it can cause breakdown of bone collagen and lead to inflammation in the injured part of the body. This can be done by including antioxidants like lycopene, vitamin E and C etc… into our diet boosting the healing process.
It is important to understand that inflammation is actually helpful in rebuilding of bone but use of anti-inflammatory drugs can suppress these enzymes and delay the process of healing. However, by supplying those naturally through food can help in healing. Some of common anti-inflammatory nutrients include bioflavonoids, Vitamin C, omega 3 fatty acids, flavonols, proteolytic enzymes etc… are very effecting reducing pain and healing bone fractures.
Bone Fracture Healing Foods or Bone Healing Supplements that Boost Mineral Intake
Adding minerals in bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements like zinc, copper etc.. will benefit in healing the bone. About 70 percent of the weight of bones is due to minerals such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, silicon etc… and thus inclusion of minerals in our diet is very helpful in reducing the time of healing fractures. Some of the important minerals that support healing are as follows:
- Zinc in bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements: It helps in healing by boosting formation of bone and promoting the production of bone protein in body.
- Copper: It is helpful in synthesis of bone collagen thus supporting the healing process.
- Calcium and Phosphorous: These are the most important minerals needed for stronger bones. They together provide stiffness and elasticity to bones and also increase the tensile strength. Healing process starts absorbing calcium from the body right from day one and thus body is quickly depleted of calcium which needs to be supplied through food rich in calcium. It is important to supply vitamin D along with calcium as it helps in absorption of calcium into the body.
- Silicon: It is necessary for formation of bone collagen and plays a key role in bone formation in combination with calcium and vitamin D.
Role of Bone Fracture Healing Foods or Bone Healing Supplements Like Vitamins in Healing of Fractured Bone
Along with proteins and minerals, bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements with vitamins also play a key role in ensuring effective healing of fractured bone by supporting some important biochemical reactions in body. Vitamin B, C, D and K are particularly helpful in healing.
- Vitamin C: It is a key nutrient that act as antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory nutrient helping in formation of collagen matrix of bone. It can significantly speed up the process of healing and produce stronger bones.
- Vitamin D: The primary role of vitamin D is to help in absorption of calcium but other than that it also plays a key role in transforming stem cells into connective tissues at the site of injury in combination with vitamin K.
- Vitamin K: It helps in synthesis of bone protein and binding calcium to the bone. Moreover, it also prevents the leakage of calcium through urine.
- Vitamin B6: It helps in developing stronger joints in the fractures part of the bone, minimizing the chances of further fractures of the bone. It boosts the healing process in terms of time.
Role of Bone Fracture Healing Foods or Bone Healing Supplements Like Alkaline Diet in Healing a Bone Fracture
Alkaline diet included in bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements will support in healing bone. It is important to maintain a proper pH level into the body for protein, vitamins and other nutrients to work efficiently towards healing of broken bone. You can create an alkaline environment by increasing the intake of lots of fruits and vegetables into our diet. It also helps in release of growth hormones that are important for important biochemical processes necessary for healing.
Natural Bone Fracture Healing Foods or Bone Healing Supplements for Effective Healing
Below mentioned are some of the natural bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements:
- Comfrey or symphytum uplandics in bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements: Comfrey which is also referred as knit-bone is very helpful in producing stronger bone joints and relieving from pain. It is most effective when applied as cream on the fractured part or drink in the form a strong tea.
- Burdock leaf in bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements: Fresh leaves of burdock are often heated and put under the bandages on the fractured site to reduce swelling.
- Arnica: It is particularly helpful in reducing the trauma due to injury and must be given immediately for best results. Dosage of 3-5 drops of arnica in every 3-4 hours for one or days after injury can reduce trauma significantly.
- Horsetailgrass in bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements: It is especially helpful during the early stages of healing of fracture as it is rich in silicon. It is best used in the form of hot concentrated tea.
- Cissus quadrangularis in bone fracture healing foods or bone healing supplements: It has special healing properties that can produce excellent results.