Benefits of Guava Leaves for Hair, Acne and Blood Disorders
Guava leaves are known for their wonderful medicinal benefits to mankind. The leaves of guava fruit contains rich amount of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents, anti-bacterials and also tannins that makes them a rich source of health and nutritional powerhouse. There are many health benefits of guava leaves; but in this article we will primarily focus on the benefits of guava leaves for hair, acne and blood disorders. Hope this would be an essential read for you.
About Guava Leaves:
Guava leaves have some wonderful benefits to health. They have been used as medicine since long ago. Guava contains a high amount of Vitamin C and Vitamin A. Apart from this; guava leaves also contain vitamins B2, vitamin E and Vitamin K, fiber, minerals like calcium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, folate and potassium. Guava contains a lot of nutrients yet contains very less amount of fats.
Guava leaves are known to benefit in various ways which include its benefits for hair, skin, treating acne, treating blood disorder, diabetes, cancer, obesity, and many more. In the following sections we will talk about the benefits of guava leaves for hair, acne and blood disorders.
Benefits of Guava Leaves for Hair:
Guava leaves are beneficial for hair health in wonderful ways. Guava leaves enhances the hair development and also help in controlling the hair fall. The supplements and anti-oxidants present in guava leaves make it beneficial in improving hair health.
Follow the below steps of using guava leaves for hair health benefits.
- Boil handful of guava leaves in one litre of water for about 20 minutes.
- Then strain the water and apply over the scalp and the hair roots, once the water cools down.
- You can also use the mixture once the water is strained off, to massage your scalp. But be sure you need to keep the mixture on your head for few hours and only then rinse your hair.
Benefits of Guava Leaves for Acne:
Apart from the wonderful benefits of guava leaves to hair health, there are also benefits to skin health. One of the best benefits of guava leaves is that they help in treating acne, acne scars, dark spots, pimples etc and helps the skin glow fairly. The antiseptic property of guava leaves help in killing the bacteria that generate acne in the skin.
Follow the Steps to Make Use of Guava Leaves for Acne:
- You need to prepare a paste from guava leaves by adding water and apply it over the affected area.
- Leave it for few minutes.
- Then rinse it with clean water to see the results.
Apart from this, guava leaves; especially the red guava leaves are wonderful anti aging agents and help you prevent your skin from aging because of the presence of anti-oxidants. Guava leaves are also known to remove blackheads and give your skin a clean and clear glow.
Benefits of Guava Leaves for Blood Disorders:
Let us know about the benefits of guava leaves for blood disorders in this section.
Guava Leaves for Anaemia
Anemia is caused by deficiency of RBCs in the blood. Green leaves of guava are known to treat anaemia in traditional medicines. These leaves affect the formation of blood cells, especially the haemoglobin in patients suffering from anaemia. This is the reason, guava leaves are taken to treat anaemia. They are also helpful in increasing platelet cells in patients with dengue.
Guava Leaves are Beneficial in Treating Menorrhagia (Heavy bleeding) During Periods
Excessive blood loss or prolonged periods within a normal menstrual cycle is known as Menorrhagia or heavy bleeding during periods. Usually hormonal imbalance, problems in ovary, ovarian cancer, miscarriage, days close to menopause etc. in women cause heavy bleeding.
Guava leaves can be used to treat or reduce heavy bleeding. All you need is boil 2-3 fresh guava leaves in a cup of water for about 5 minutes. Filter it and add few drops of lemon juice in it and then take it. Repeating this for 2-4 times in a day can help you reduce heavy bleeding.
Guava Leaves for Blood Cancers:
Leaf extracts or guava leaves are known to reduce various cancers. It is known from data of in vivo animal or clinical studies that they can help in reducing blood cancers like leukemia and melanoma.
Other Health Benefits of Guava Leaves:
Following are some other health benefits of guava leaves:
- They can prevent obesity and help in weight loss
- Guava leaf tea when taken on regular basis can help in treating or reducing diabetes.
- Cough and bronchitis can be treated with guava leaves.
- Guava leaves are also helpful in treating upset stomach.
- Boiling guava leaves and taking them can help in reducing dengue fever.
- Guava leaves are also known to treat cancer.
- Fertility issues can be solved with guava leaves.
- Guava leaves are beneficial in treating wounds, or minor cuts etc.
- Guava leaves aids in lowering cholesterol level
Now we are known about some of the most magical health benefits of guava leaves. So, eat the fruit and also make use of the leaf for best of your hair, skin and health.
Make a note, any serious health problem or symptom must be treated medically in the most appropriate way. So, consult with your doctor for the best advices and follow the prescribed treatments for your conditions.