Foods For Lung Detox
Are you living in a polluted area? Are you a chain smoker? If yes, then your lungs are at greater risk of health problems. But you can be healthy and prevent many illnesses if you take care of your lungs. Knowing some of the best foods for lung detox can help protect your lungs and keep your healthy.
Foods for Lung Detox
The lungs are an extremely vital, yet most ignored organ of the body. It is through them that humans breathe. So, the lungs also end up sucking in harmful elements from the air around. They get exposed to dangerous pollutants and microbes which get deposited in them from the inhaled air. Smoking and exposure to harmful pollutants or chemicals makes healthy lungs turn black due to the deposition of tar in them. Owing to this, many respiratory problems like pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis, and cystic fibrosis are on the rise.
But regular detoxification of lungs can help smoothen their functioning and also aid in expelling these toxins from them. In addition to essential lifestyle measures certain foods for lung detox can help in purifying the lungs and protect them from damage. So, it is important to consume a diet, packed with healthy lung cleansing foods, which help to reduce the risk of lung diseases and respiratory problems.
Some of the best foods for lung detox are given here.
- Garlic – Garlic is known for its anti-inflammatory properties with its high allicin content, which helps to reduce inflammation and fight infections. Hence, it is considered as one of the best foods for lung detox. Garlic has also been widely hailed as an effective remedy for improving asthma and reducing the risk of lung cancer.
- Ginger - The excellent anti-inflammatory properties of ginger make it a natural and effective lung cleanser. Ginger is a widely used herb which can be added to various dishes as it is one of the important foods for lung detox. Ginger, along with some lemon, can also be added in the morning tea, to make it more refreshing and beneficial for removing toxins from the respiratory tract.
- Green tea – Green tea is loaded with anti-oxidants and is surely one of the effective foods for lung detox. Drinking a cup of herbal green tea just before going to bed can help in releasing toxins in the intestine which cause constipation or other stomach problems. However, one should avoid overworking their lungs during this purification process.
- Apple - Apple is one of the healthiest fruits available, and probably tops the lists of foods for lungs detox. Loaded with nutrients like vitamins, antioxidants and fiber, this high energy-low calorie food helps to strengthen the immune system and keep the respiratory system healthy. Its flavonoid and vitamin C content especially help in keeping infections at bay. Further, healthy respiratory functions can aid in fighting off lung diseases and preventing them naturally.
- Lentils - Healthy hemoglobin levels are extremely critical for optimizing oxygen transportation of the lungs. Hemoglobin is a protein molecule which is present in red blood cells and helps in transporting oxygen from the lungs to the body tissue. Further, hemoglobin also aids in stimulating the internal processes which return carbon dioxide back to the lungs for being expelled from the body. These foods for lung detox include cow peas, black beans, lentils, dried peas, soybeans, red kidney beans, and garbanzo beans, are some foods with properties that help to boost hemoglobin levels. Supplementing lentils and beans with foods rich in vitamin C can help to maximize iron absorption in the body as well.
These are some of the most effective foods for lung detox. You can use them in the best possible in your daily diet to purify your lungs and protect them from damage. While these including these foods for lung detox in your diet is one way, there are other ways too to cleanse your lungs.
Quit smoking, breathe fresh air and exercise for at least 30 to 40 mins daily to keep your lungs healthy. Aerobic exercises like walking, jogging swimming or any sport can help a lot in purifying your lungs in addition to lowering your overall health risks. Breathing exercises too help to get rid of impurities and improves blood circulation throughout the body.
Have a healthy routine with these foods for lung detox and some fitness activity to keep your lungs healthy. If you note any symptoms, seek timely medical advice for prompt diagnosis and treatment.