With the knock of summer increases the TV commercials that convince you for the sugary powder drinks or the high calorie, processed soda to quench the thirst. The market of these sweetened and processed water drinks just add to the unhealthy part of your daily diet.
Those aware of the cons of artificially sweetened drinks and colas prefer water to beat the heat. How refreshing would it be if you could add some natural flavor, some extra nutrients to your plain water? Fruit infused drinks are just perfect to cool yourself with nutrient rich healthy drink.
Fruit Infused Drinks That You Can Have On The Go
Although the sweetened drinks and colas look very tempting, they cause more harm than good. Instead, the delicious fruit infused water drinks hydrate your body and also offer various health benefits. They contain natural sugar and fiber of the fruits which help slow down the sugar absorption as well. So for those who fear about those fruits which themselves are rich in sugar, calm down, first, it is natural sugar and second the fiber in the fruit is playing its role well.
Studies have shown that fruit infused drinks help to prevent dehydration. It is suggested to choose this drink during exercise.1 These should also help during the scorching summers. If you want to experiment with different taste and enjoy the benefits they offer, here is a list of few.
- Cucumber and Mint Water – Take a cucumber and some mint leaves and wash them thoroughly. Peel the skin and cut into thin slices. Place them in a jar, add water to it and add the fresh mint leaves. Stir the mixture a bit and keep the jar it in the refrigerator overnight or for 4 to 5 hours. This is one of the easiest fruit infused drinks that you can have on the go.
- Citrus Blueberry Water – Take two oranges, wash them and cut them into thin slices. Add a cup of blueberries and place both fruits into a jar. Fill it up with water. Add water to it and refrigerate the jar.
- Watermelon Basil – Add 2 cups of chopped watermelon and some thoroughly washed basil leaves to a glass jar. Fill it with water and store it in the refrigerator to make a refreshing drink.
- Strawberry Lemon Water – Finely slice 15 strawberries and add one slice of lemon. Put them in a one-gallon glass jar. Fill it up with water and keep it overnight. This tangy flavored is one of the best fruit infused drinks that you can have on the go.
- Grapefruit and Raspberry Water – Thinly slice one grapefruit and a half cup of nicely washed raspberries to a glass jar. Add water to it. Keep it in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours for infusing.
- Mango Pineapple Water – Wash, peel and slice one mango in a jar. Add one cup of chopped pineapple and then add water to it. Leave it to infuse in a refrigerator for few hours before drinking.
- Grape and Orange Water – Cut the grapes into half and put two cups of these halved grapes into a gallon size glass jar. Add one orange which is thinly sliced. Refrigerate it over night for a better taste.
- Cinnamon and Apple Water – Add 2 ounce of unsweetened apple with a pinch of cinnamon powder. Add water to it. You can also add ginger slices to it to enhance the flavor. This drink can also be made with hot water. This is another nutritious fruit infused drink that you can have on the go.
- Raspberry Mint Water – Add one cup raspberries and crushed mint leaves to a glass jar. Add water and refrigerate it. You can drink it after 4 hours or can even keep it overnight for enhanced flavor.
- Blueberry and Orange Water – Slice one orange and along with one cup of blueberries put it in a glass jar. Add water to it, and refrigerate it overnight before enjoying this tasteful nutritious drink.
We all know that we should consume lots of liquid to keep ourselves hydrated. Now, what should be added to water to make it a healthy drink matters. Keep away those sugary package drinks and welcome the healthy fruit infused vitamin-packed drinks to your liquid intake. It will keep you hydrated as well as keep up the level of various nutrients. Stay hydrated stay fit.