As per a research data, it is observed that over 80 million people are suffering from huge hair fall. Most of the people find a huge hair fall at the time of the shower. However, losing 50 to 100 hairs per day is quite normal as the new hair normally grows which actually replace the lost hair. The normal hair loss generally gets unnoticed but when hair fall becomes larger than the normal range it is a matter of concern. It is then necessary to consult a dermatologist, diagnose the cause of hair loss and take appropriate measures. Hair falling out in shower or finding clumps of hair in shower drain is quite normal, but that can look quite terrifying if you have long hair.
Cause of Hair Falling Out in the Shower
Actually, finding the cause of hair fall is very tricky as there are various types of hair fall. However, the following are some most probable cause of hair loss:
- Physical Stress as a Cause of Hair Falling Out: Physical stress is the main cause of hair loss. It is seen that when a person suffers from physical trauma such as chronic illness, surgery, accident, etc. cause temporary hail fall. Actually what happens is that when a person goes through some stressful event the hair cycle of the person gets shocked which results in hair fall and after the persons recover from the stress the hair fall comes back to normal.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is another major cause of hair fall in women. It is mostly seen that when a pregnant woman delivers her baby she experiences huge hair loss and this is usually visible during shower or finding clumps of hair in shower drain. This happens due to the trauma she undergoes during the delivery of her baby.
- Hypervitaminoses Can Cause Hair Fall: It is also found when a person has an excess amount of Vitamin A in his or her body, he/she losses excessive hair. The ideal amount of Vitamin A that a person should have is 5000 International Units (IU). Anything excess to this amount will lead to hair loss and it will be visibly seen during shower.
- Lack of Protein Causing Hair Fall in the Shower: Protein is very essential for our body and so is for our hair as well. Lack of protein will lead to hair loss. That is the reason why it is required to take an adequate amount of fish, meat, egg, milk, etc. in your diet regularly.
- Heredity: Heredity is another major and most vital reason for hair loss. If you belong to a family where people starts to lose hair after a certain age then you might also be prone to lose hair.
- Hormonal Factor for Causing Hair Fall in the Shower: Hormonal changes are the main reason for hair loss. That is the reason why women experience huge hair loss after pregnancy. Again the abnormal level of androgen, which is a common hormone for both men and women, will certainly cause huge hair loss.
- Deficiency of Vitamin B12: Deficiency of Vitamin B12 often cause huge hair loss as the deficiency of Vitamin B12 affects the red blood corpuscles which are responsible for carrying oxygen to the tissue. If the tissue does not get oxygen properly, it will definitely lead to hair loss.
- Sudden Weight Loss as a Cause for Hair Fall: Excessive weight loss can also lead to hair loss. It is found when a person experiences a dramatic weight loss he also experiences huge hair falls after 6-12 weeks of weight loss.
- Age: Age is another essential factor for hair loss. After a certain age, it is obvious that a person will experience a huge hair loss. This is because when a person grows old it is natural that his or her hair will become thinner which leads to hair loss.
Treatment for Hair Falling Out in the Shower
Before you go for the treatment of hair loss or your doctor starts the treatment, it is essential to find out the real cause which leads to hair loss. Unless the exact reason can be found there is no point in taking the treatment. That is the reason why you should go to an expert dermatologist if you observe excessive hair loss for three months.
The following are the main treatment and the essential ways by which you can prevent the excessive hair fall:
- Minoxidil to Treat Hair Fall: This is a very common medication that can be given to both men and women for treating excessive hair loss. It is available in a liquid or foam based form that should be rubbed on the scalp. The hair must be washed after 2-3 hours. A regular use of this medication for about six months will prevent further hair loss.
- Finasteride: This is another drug that is mainly prescribed for men. It is generally available as a pill and it should be taken daily. People taking this medicine will certainly experience slow hair loss as well as the growth of new hairs.
For excessive hair loss, people can go for laser therapy or hair transplant surgery. However, before you go for any kind of treatment, it is essential to follow some measures that can help you to prevent further hair loss:
- Increased Intake of Protein: Taking adequate amount of protein in daily meals helps in preventing hair loss.
- Intake of Complex Carbohydrates to Prevent Hair Loss: Complex carbohydrate is very essential for our hair and as such taking complex carbohydrate will help to prevent lair loss.
- Taking a Health Supplement to Prevent Hair Loss: It is also essential to take adequate amount of iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Zinc and other essential minerals for having healthy hair which can prevent the excessive hair loss.
Hair falling out in shower is a normal affair but when it happens in higher volume the matter should be taken seriously. People who lose hair in higher volumes due to any health or hair problems could notice huge hair fall while bathing or under the shower. It should be taken seriously. There are various treatment procedures available in modern medicines that can be followed to stop unnatural hair fall.
- Do Hair Conditioners Cause Hair Fall?
- Vitamin Supplements & Hair Fall|Why Should One Opt For A Multivitamin for Hair Fall Control?