Most of us worry when we see losing lots of hair when we shampoo or condition our hair. Now, is it that the hair conditioner cause hair fall or it is a normal hair fall? In this article we will know if hair conditioners actually cause hair fall.
Do Hair Conditioners Cause Hair Fall?
Most of us believe that hair conditioners cause hair fall. Well! It may be true if you are using a cheap hair conditioner for a long time. Such conditioners make use of manufactured chemicals like lauryl suplhate and Dioxane (which are toxic chemicals) so as to coat your hair. So, though your hair may look shiny and real good, it may also be coating your scalp and filling the pores with the same chemicals.
However it is simply a myth that regular hair conditioners available in the drugstore cause hair to fall out. A good quality hair conditioner made with natural and nutritious ingredients conditions your hair without damaging them. Choose a gentle hair conditioner containing ingredients with natural origin, natural oils like Argan Oil and hazelnut oil.
Though it may seem that shampoo and hair conditioner causes hair fall, it is noted that regularly cleansing and conditioning your hair can actually enhance your hair health. Regular cleansing and conditioning actually provides an ideal environment for the growth of healthy hair.
It is also that by going for gentle conditioning of your hair with a gentle hair conditioner, you can provide your hair much needed moisture that is essential for healthier hair and it also protects your hair from damage.
Few Tips to Note While Using Hair Conditioner
- Use more of the conditioner if you have thick and coarse hair, while use less of the hair conditioner in case your hair is curly, fine and thin.
- Start with a small amount of the conditioner at first and if you find your hair does not feel limp then next time you can go for more of the conditioner.
- Start with gentle massage with a gentle shampoo while cleansing your hair and then go for a gentle deep moisturizing conditioner. Apply the conditioner from the roots to the ends of hair.
- It is preferable to apply the condition on the hair rather than on the scalp.
- Make sure you dry your hair gently after conditioning in order to prevent from damage and hair fall.
Though drugstore hair conditioners or the conditioners with natural ingredients may not cause any damage to your hair, it is good not to mask your hair with conditioners to make them look healthy and shiny, rather make your hair healthier from inside by feeding them with a large amount of natural amino acids and supporting nutrients every day for some months. You can make your hair healthy and shiny by various other ways without using conditioners.
- Can Dry Scalp Cause Hair Loss?
- What Can Cause Sudden Hair Loss?
- Causes of Hair Loss in Males, Females, Children
- Scalp Conditions that Cause Hair Loss & its Treatment
- Can Working Out Cause Hair Loss?
- Excessive Weight Loss & Hair Loss: Is There a Link?
- Hair Loss on One Side of the Head: Causes, Treatment, Diagnosis