“Your skin speaks your heart; your face says about you!” One of the best ways to enhance self esteem is to lay emphasis on our appearance. Skin surely keeps a great importance in highlighting the outer self, which indeed reflects the inner self greatly. So, it is highly essential to take very good care of the skin. Facial spa is one of the best modes to keep the face and the skin glowing, fresh and young. This current article of ours will talk about the general procedure of the facial spa and also discuss on some of the most effective facial treatments at home.
Facial Spa: An Overview
A facial is the next most popular spa treatment after a massage and perhaps one of the ways to take care of your skin, primarily when done in the appropriate manner. It can be included as a crucial part of a complete skin care program. Facial spa cleans, exfoliates and nourishes the skin and aids you in having a well hydrated and clear complexion which can make you look fresh and young.
There are some steps to be known about the process of facial spa treatment, which we will be discussing in the following array of our article.
Basic Steps of the Facial Spa Procedure:
So, here we will be talking about the basic steps of facial spa procedure.
- Cleansing: Cleansing is the first step in facial spa which begins with the use of cotton pads, wipes or sponges where your face is cleansed properly before taking any further steps in the facial spa treatment. Cleansing can be done with a milky cleanser, which can be applied on the skin with gentle circular motion by the help of your fingertips.
- Steam Treatment: Next is the steam treatment in facial spa which is pretty relaxing and aids in softening up any blackheads and whiteheads which requires an extraction. Most facials make use of a machine that directs a thin vapor of warm steam to your face. However, in case of sensitive skin, steam may not be used.
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation is a step in facial spa where there is a use of either a chemical or a mechanical exfoliant. The gritty textures of mechanical exfoliate helps in rubbing the surface of the dead skin cells. It usually happens with a steam treatment. However the chemical exfoliant make use of acids and enzymes for loosening the bonds between the skin cells. It is recommended to take help of someone while performing this step.
- Extraction: Removal of blackheads or whiteheads from the facial skin is done in this step of extraction in facial spa treatment. This can be painful and uncomfortable, especially if you have a ruddy and thin skin. It is recommended to take help of someone while undergoing this step.
- Facial Massage: Next step in facial spa is known as the facial massage which is done to relax you with gentle classic strokes. This also stimulates your skin and the facial muscles greatly.
- Facial Mask: Facial mask is targeted to your type of skin and your skin conditions. This is made during the facial treatment.
- Final Application: Final step in facial spa treatment is the application of toner, moisturizers, serums and also the sunscreen lotions( in case the facial done during daytime)
Ways To Do Facial Spa Treatment at Home:
In this section we will talk about some of the best facial spa treatments which can be done at home.
Use of Oranges in Facial Spa Treatment at Home: Oranges can work as wonderful facial spa treatment at home. The orange juice consists of natural alpha hydroxyl acids, which exfoliates the skin. Here below are the easy steps to use orange for facial at home.
- Cut one orange in to wedges
- Squeeze some of the orange juice over the parts of your skin/face you want to treat specially and massage it well.
- This will help in giving you a clean and clear skin naturally.
Use of Bananas in Facial Spa Treatment at Home: Being soothing and moisturizing to the skin, bananas make a great homemade facial mask which can help greatly for improving the skin condition and its appearance. Here is below how to use the banana facial
- Simply mash up a properly ripe banana and spread it all over your face.
- Leave as it is for few minutes and then rinse your face with warm water.
- You can also mix half a banana with two tbsp full fat sour cream along with one tbsp of honey and leave the mixture for at least 15 minutes before rinsing and applying moisturizing cream.
Use of Potatoes for Facial Spa Treatment at Home: One of the greatest things about potatoes is that raw potatoes can act as an excellent scrub for brightening the skin. The lanolin present in the potato acts as a natural moisturizer. Here below are the easy steps for using potatoes as facial at home.
- Mix raw potato and loose tea in equal proportion along with 1/3rd as much olive oil.
- Massage this blend over your face with gentle strokes using your fingertips in the circular motion.
- This will leave your skin with a natural glow.
Brown Sugar for Facial Spa Treatment at Home: The fine granules of brown sugar helps your skin turning soft, keep it soothed and warm. This is in fact one of the best make-at-home shower scrub. Below are the steps to use the brown sugar facial.
- Blend about two ounces of brown sugar with two ounces oil, especially olive oil or sesame oil.
- An essential oil like lavender can be added to the scrub.
- Slowly massage your body and skin for the best results.
Oatmeal for Facial Spa Treatment at Home: One more wonderful ingredient for your young and glowing skin is oatmeal. The beta- glucans present in the oatmeal are highly skin soothing and also has a tightening effect on the skin when applied it as a facial mask. Below we will talk about how to use it as facial.
- One tbsp of oatmeal is to be mixed with 3 tbsp of yogurt along with one tbsp of honey. This act as an excellent exfoliate and a natural moisturizer for instant help.
- This mixture is applied over the skin and required to be left over for 5 minutes.
- Then you need to rinse your skin with warm water to find a smoother, softer and young looking skin.
Use of Chocolate for Facial Spa Treatment at Home: Chocolate is used as facial mask and work greatly in improving the skin by turning it smooth, soft, and silky. Below are the simple steps to use chocolate for facial mask.
- Mix ¼ cup of honey in 1/3 cup of cocoa, 3 tbsp of heavy cream, 3 tbsp of oatmeal powder and 2 tbsp cottage cheese.
- Apply the mixture on your face and relax for at least 10 minutes.
- Then rinse the face with warm water to find the perfect looking and smooth feeling skin.
Asparagus for Home Facial Spa: The presence of chlorophyll in Asparagus helps in brightening and exfoliating the skin to provide it a natural glow. This is perhaps one of the best facial recipe for dry and flaky skin. Here below we have mentioned the easy steps for preparing asparagus facial at home.
- The raw asparagus is to be mixed with milk and an equal amount of avocado and honey are to be mixed.
- This blend is to be applied on the face and left over for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water to have a fresh and glowing skin.
Coffee for Facial: Coffee is used to exfoliate the skin before applying the self tanner in facial. Below are the simple steps for using coffee as facial.
- Blend 3 tbsp of the ground coffee with one tbsp of salt.
- Have a facial and body massage while in the shower.
- This aids you in removing the dead skin cells.
- Rinsing properly and allowing the skin to dry completely will leave you with a stimulated, fresh and clear skin before self tanning.
Tea Bags for Home Facial: Tea can help in reducing the puffiness under your eyes. All you need to do is brew some tea with the use of two tea bags and then allow them to cool. Once they are cool enough, place them under your eyelids. This would help in shrinking the blood vessels and diminish the puffiness. There you have a wonderful young and fresh looking face.
Coconut Milk and Oil for Facial Spa Treatment at Home: Coconut milk can also be used for treating the dry skin and also for dry or dull hair. In fact raw coconut oil is a great hydrator for the body and the hair.