Gemzar or gemcitabine drug can reduce blood cells that assist your body battle infections helping blood clotting. You can bleed or acquire infections easily. Contact your doctor in case of unfamiliar bleeding, bruising or symptoms of infections such as chills, fever or body aches.
How Effective is Gemzar?
Gemzar or gemcitabine is a cancer medicine that effectively restricts the development and spreading of cancer cells in your body.
Gemzar or gemcitabine is utilized effectively in treating cancers of the lung, breast, ovary and pancreas.
- Gemzar or gemcitabine can affect your lungs, kidneys or liver. Inform your doctor when you have yellow eyes or skin, dark urine, stomach pains, swelling, fast weight increase, serious short breath, minute or no urinating, wheezing or cough with soapy mucus.
- If you get gemzar or gemcitabine after or in the process of radiation treatment, inform your doctor immediately when you have serious skin peeling, redness, swelling or oozing.
What to Know Before Taking Gemzar?
Do not take gemzar or gemcitabine when you are allergic to it. For you to be safe with gemzar or gemcitabine, inform your doctor if you have;
- Kidney illnesses
- Liver disease particularly cirrhosis.
- If you ever used alcohol before
- If you are on radiation treatment.
You should not take gemzar or gemcitabine while pregnant, for it can hurt your unborn baby. Utilize nominal birth control and inform your physician if you conceive during treatment.
It is not yet confirmed whether gemzar or gemcitabine gets into breast milk or if it can harm your nursing child. Do not breastfeed while on gemzar or gemcitabine.
How to use Gemzar?
Gemzar or gemcitabine is injected in a vein via an IV. Your doctor will give the injection. Gemzar or gemcitabine can reduce blood cells that assist your body in battling infections and help in blood clotting. Your cancer treatment may be hindered depending on the outcome of these tests.
If gemzar or gemcitabine injection spreads on your skin unintentionally, clean it using warm water and soap.
What are the Side Effects of Gemzar?
Common side effects of gemzar or gemcitabine include:
- Unfamiliar bleeding, fever
- Vomiting, nausea
- Breathing problems
- Urine tests or abnormal blood
- Swelling of your feet or hands
- Pink or red urine
- Slight rash.
Get quick medical help if acquire any symptoms of allergic reactions to gemzar or gemcitabine. These signs are hives, breathing problems or swelling of your throat, lips, face and tongue.
If you take gemzar or gemcitabine after or in the process of radiation treatment, inform your doctor immediately when you have serious skin peeling, redness, swelling or oozing.
Capillary leak syndrome is a rare but very severe side effect of gemzar or gemcitabine. Contact your doctor at once if you experience symptoms of this condition such as runny or stuffy nose tailed by feeling fatigue or weaknesses and a prompt swelling of your legs, arms and other parts of the body.
You should also inform your doctor if you have the following severe side effects of gemzar or gemcitabine:
- Bleeding of the gums and nose, symptoms of flu, chills, fever and easy bruising.
- Difficulty in swallowing or eating, swollen or red gums, ulcers or swellings in your mouth.
- Serious headache, unclear vision, bustling in your ears, seizure or convulsions and confusion are serious side effects of gemzar or gemcitabine.
- Liver issues such as itching, nausea, upper stomach pains, feeling tired, dark urine, loss of appetite, jaundice which is the yellowing of your eyes or skin, and clay colored stool.
- Symptoms of injured red blood cells such as pale skin, blood spots in your urine, vomiting with stomach pains and bloody diarrhea.
- Symptoms of kidney issues such as difficult and painful urination, minute or no urination and swellings of your ankles or feet.
- Signs of lung problems like abrupt chest discomfort or pain, sweating, anxiety, serious shorty breaths, panting for breath, wheezing, serious dizziness and cough with foam like mucus.