Chronic Pelvic Pain: Alternative Treatment, Diet, Yoga Poses, Recovery
Alternative Treatment for Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
There are other ways of medications often prescribed by the doctor depending on the diagnosis and medical condition of the person. These treatment procedures are prescribed to heal the unbearable pelvic pain in the person. The doctor will tell the person suffering from chronic pelvic pain about the potential risks of these treatment depending on his health records so far. These include the following:
Relaxations Techniques for Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
Relaxation techniques like deep breathing exercises and muscle stretching techniques helps in reducing the extreme pain which occurs in chronic pelvic pain (CPP).
Acupuncture for Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
Acupuncture for chronic pelvic pain (CPP) is another treatment where a needle is pricked to certain points of the skin to release endorphins. These are the natural painkillers of the body which are secreted as the needles are pricked in particular places of the skin. Acupuncture is used in treating many other form of pains other than chronic pelvic pain (CPP). It is not particularly categorized for chronic pelvic pain, but is used to reduce pain in general.
Managing and Coping with Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
Psychological counseling and support is necessary for women to survive the chronic pelvic pain (CPP). The pelvic pain is sometimes so severe in women that they cannot do regular works also. The following psychosocial supports may help them fight the chronic pelvic pain (CPP) a little better:
- Meeting a psychotherapist, social worker or psychiatrist may be effective in learning techniques to deal with the chronic pelvic pain (CPP). They can guide the sufferer on the behavioral therapy during the chronic pelvic pain. Thus the sufferer can gain confidence and ability to cope up with the pain and lead a normal life.
- Engaging to the group psychotherapy allows a person to learn from each other's experience. They feel supported and hence can fight the chronic pelvic pain (CPP) better.
- American Chronic Pain Society and the American Academy of Pain Management are working effectively in helping people survive the pain with success.
- Certain relaxation techniques are effective in releasing the tensions of musculoskeletal. Progressive muscle relaxation, meditation, biofeedback or self-hypnosis is effective techniques in controlling the unbearable chronic pelvic pain (CPP).
Diet Suggestions for Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
The following diet suggestions are recommended for the sufferers of chronic pelvic pain (CPP):
- Consider not to eat foods which you find you are allergic to. Sensitive foods can increase to the irritation of the pain. Do not eat processed food for some days and try to see the difference it makes to your state of pain. Again consider not eating dairy products and other heavy protein for some days. Check the effect of this diet control on your chronic pelvic pain (CPP). These trials will ultimately find you the foods you are allergic to and reduce your pelvic pain. Eating simple diet will help you to stay away from diarrhea, constipation, gas, bloating, pain, fatigue and other congestions. Thus you will remain calm for more time.
- Your digestion system will automatically improve once you stop eating foods which you are allergic to. The digestive system in our body is the prime organ to maintain the overall health of the body. This is where the nutrients of the food we intake gets absorbed and the waste material is discharged. A good amount of magnesium and zinc along with amino acids is good for the digestive system. Add more of the supplements of these nutrients in your diet with reduction of the food you are allergic to.
- It is important to heal the hormone system. This is where most of the pain originates often. The monthly hormones in women cause chronic pelvic pain (CPP). It can lead to abnormal bleeding and cramping in the lower abdomen. Sex drive is noticed to be much low during this period with fatigue and tiredness. Sleep enough to keep the hormones balanced. Work out more; perform yoga and other stress releasing techniques to keep the hormones in control.
Yoga Poses for Treating Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
Chronic pelvic pain (CPP) has all chances to reoccur in people of any age. So it is better to follow yoga to control and maintain the system. There are uniquely designed yoga poses to reduce the pelvic pain in a person. The pelvic tensions are reduced. Breathing techniques while stretching the body is effective for the body.
Knee to Chest Yoga Pose for Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
The knee to chest yoga pose for chronic pelvic pain (CPP) helps in stretching the pelvic region and increases the blood flow to pelvic organs. Lie on your back and keep your legs relaxed and straight. Bend each knee to the chest one by one and hold the position for 30 seconds. Do it for 10 times for each leg.
Knee to Opposite Shoulder Yoga Pose for Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
Knee to opposite shoulder yoga pose for chronic pelvic pain (CPP) helps in angular stretching of the hip joint. It increases the flexibility and blood flow to the pelvic region. Lay flat on the floor and connect your knees to their opposite shoulders. Hold on for 30 seconds. Repeat it 10 times for each leg with slow breathing.
Knee Over Your Hand Yoga Pose for Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
Knee over your hand pose for chronic pelvic pain (CPP) circulates the blood and stretches the parts in abdominal and pelvic region. Lay on your back and connect your left knee with the right hand on the floor as shown in the above figure. Hold on for 30 seconds with slow breathing along with it. Do it 10 times for each leg.
Happy Baby Pose for Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
Happy baby pose for chronic pelvic pain (CPP) is one of the most effective poses for pelvic pain. By performing this pose, you will be able to increase the flexibility of the hip joint and stretch the muscles and organs of pelvic region. Lie on your back and keep your floor and arms below the knees and widen the knee. Hold the position for 20 seconds with continuous breathing practice.
Relaxed Frog Yoga Pose for Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
Relaxed frog pose for chronic pelvic pain (CPP) can be beneficial for pelvic pain patients. Put your weight on your four limbs and relax on your heel. Keep your knees apart by pushing the elbows and hold for 20 seconds as you take deep breathe.
Note: You should start the yoga sessions only once you are recovered from the chronic pelvic pain. It is also recommended to get the yoga training under a professional and then practice them daily at home. Take a 20 minute break before starting yoga so that your body and mind it relaxed.
Contact your doctor before starting any yoga classes and ask him/ her if you are ready for these sessions.
Recovery from Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
Healing process in chronic pelvic pain (CPP) is definitely slow. The person has to be really patient if he has to fully recover themselves from the extreme pain. It is not a quick recovery process and the person may have to wait for months to get rid of the chronic pelvic pain (CPP) completely. Be patient and handle this phase with a positive attitude to get successfully recovered.