Krill Oil: Is It A Better Health Supplement Than The Fish Oil?
"Every time you eat or drink; you are either feeding diseases or fighting it." It surely is a well accepted fact that our health mainly depends on our diet and supplements. There are various substances available which are considered healthy for a good health. Omega-3 supplement is one of the most crucial substances we look for in our diet due to its tremendous health benefits. Fish oil and the Krill oils are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which make them the most essential materials providing omega-3 supplement. In this current article we will talk about the difference between the Krill oil and the Fish oil and make a note on if Krill oil is a better health supplement than the fish oil.
Know About The Krill Oils:
A nutrient-rich substance derived from a crustacean named Krill measuring from 1 cm to 6 cm in length and living in the icy waters of Antarctic oceans is known in the name of Krill Oil which has magical health benefits because of the rich content of omega-3 fatty eicosapentaenoic acids or the EPA and the docosahexaenoic acid or the DHA present in it. The Krill Oils are available in the form of Krill oil capsules. DHA and EPA are both the polyunsaturated fats which help in enhancing the body function, especially helps in improving the vision and brain function. Studies have found that lack of DHA can lead to diseases like Alzheimer's, cystic fibrosis and conditions like attention seeking disorder etc. People who lack EPA are known to have suicidal ideations. EPA helps in suicide prevention in many people. Thus, when we look at the Krill oil, it can be said that it is one of the most essential health supplement required today for human health.
However, in the following arrays of our article we will talk about the fact if krill oil is a better health supplement than the fish oil and in the meanwhile we will also differentiate the krill oil from the fish oil in a systemic manner.
Various Health Benefits of Krill Oil:
Here we are with some of the most crucial health benefits of Krill oil
- Krill oil supplements act as wonderful anti inflammatory substances
- Due to the presence of DHA, Krill oil helps in treating or reducing the symptoms in various diseases like Alzheimer's, attention disorders etc and helps in improving the brain functions.
- Various diseases like cystic fibrosis, kidney diseases, cardiovascular diseases etc can be treated with Krill oil supplements because of the presence of essential fatty acids in them
- Krill oil supplements are also used in treating or reducing the symptoms of Arthritis
- They aid in improving skin and hair.
Difference Between Krill Oil and Fish Oil:
Let us now look at the difference between the krill oil and the fish oil.
- Krill oils have been a relatively new omega-3 supplement that came in to the market in recent years. However fish oil has been considered and is well accepted health supplement worldwide since a longer period of time.
- Krill oils are extracted from the Krills or the crustaceans residing in the Antarctic oceans and coming at the base of the aquatic food chain. Fish oils are extracted from the fishes
- Fish oil and krill oil though contains greater amount of omega-3 fatty acids; Krill oil however contains a higher percentage of EPA when compared to the fish oil.
- There is an antioxidant named Astaxanthine, which is not present in the fish oil.
- Krill oil has a shorter life as compared to the fish oil.
Advantages of The Krill Oil Over Fish Oil:
- Omega-3 supplements are packed in the phospholipid forms which are easily absorbed by the body. Thus fewer capsules are required to get the essential health benefits as compared to the large amount of fish oil capsules for the similar health benefits. Like for an example, people taking fish oil capsules for treating arthritis may take up to 9 to 14 capsules a day while there is only one capsule of krill oil required to have the same effect.
- Because of the fact that Krill oil is sourced from a less contaminated water, i.e. the deep Antarctic oceans; they are safer and cleaner as compared to the fish oil
- There is a presence of an additional nutrient named Choline and an antioxidant; which are absent in fish oil
- Krill oil contains an antioxidant named astaxanthin which makes it more stable and resistant enough to oxidation. However fish oil is more prone to oxidation which leads to the formation of free radicals and taking free radicals your body seeks the need for antioxidants in a greater percentage.
- Krill when compared to the fish, is a more sustainable food source because of the fact that it is the largest biomass in the world. This makes krill harvesting one of the most sustainable practices.
- The omega-3 fats present in Krill oils can be used as it is as they are available in the form that your body can utilize. The presence of phospholipids makes this bioavailability in krill oil.
- There are some studies showing that Krill oil is about 48 times more potent than fish oil.
- Krill oil helps in improving glucose metabolism in your liver which cannot be done by the fish oil supplement
- Krill oil decreases the synthesis of Cholesterol while fish oil increases it
- Krill oil promotes lipid metabolism which is not done by the fish oil
Advantages of The Fish Oil Over Krill Oil:
- Fish oil is cheaper as compared to the krill oil
- Fish oil has a comparatively longer life than the Krill oil. The rapid decomposition in Krill oil which occurs within 2-3 hours. However, the decomposition in case of fish oil takes about 2-3 days.
- It is a proven health supplement and accepted for its benefits since a longer period of time as compared to the recent eruption of krill oil popularity.
Final Note To Conclude: is Krill Oil a Better Health Supplement Than The Fish Oil:
Now after having a look on the number of essential advantages of the Krill oil over the fish oil; it can be said that Krill oil can be taken as a better health supplement that the fish oil. However being too expensive compared with the lower price in case of fish oil; Krill oil might not have a greater likeness among all the requiring mass from all over the world. Moreover fish oil has been a proven and fairly accepted health supplements by a number of people across the globe since ages. At this condition, Krill oil supplement being a relatively new supplement might take a challenge in growing by its popularity and acceptance from the people all over. However time will prove the greatness of Krill oil, when we can come to know how far the health benefits of this health supplements could impress the common mass seeking for a better health and a good life in a convenient manner.