Reiki is a Japanese technique used for relaxation, stress reduction and to promote healing. Reiki means universal life energy.
Reiki is based on the concept that an unseen energy force flows through us and causes us to be alive. If an individual's energy force is low then that person is more likely to feel stress or get sick, similarly high energy force enhances the body's own natural healing ability to work promoting health and happiness.
Reiki focuses on seven main energy centers in the body (also called chakras). The flow of energy should be free through all these centers for physical, mental and spiritual health.
Reiki treatment involves putting hands over or on the body at these energy centers.
Reiki is used mainly for easing out muscle tension, decreasing pain levels, speeding up the healing process and to improve sleep. People who have undergone chemotherapy treatments reported feeling better and less nauseous after undergoing a Reiki session.
Reiki comes under alternative means of treatment and does not use any medications or drugs. Reiki treatments target the source of the disease and not just the symptoms hence it promotes faster healing. In cases of terminal sicknesses or diseases, there may not be sufficient time to reverse the ailment through Reiki treatments, but the quality of the life can be greatly improved. Hence, Reiki can add a lot to the comfort of a terminal patient.
The American Medical Association and the British Medical Association both have accepted Reiki as a form of alternative medicine.
Reiki is a very gentle energy that goes to the areas where it is needed the most. One should be clear about the fact that Reiki does not give instant results something like a pain pill. Reiki helps in addressing the root cause of the problem. Hence, it is clear that Reiki is not for people who just want instant pain relief. However, for someone who is looking out for long term relief and improved quality of life, Reiki is a recommended therapy.
- Reiki restores the balance of the body's energy forces physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. A great sense of peace and well being comes to the patient and practitioner undergoing Reiki treatment.
- Some ailments that can be helped by Reiki are listed below:
- Reiki for Fatigue: Oxygen provides energy. Breathing deeply with the music, and to focus and apply Reiki for 20 or 30 minutes helps in getting the body and mind to sing helping to ease out fatigue.
- Reiki for Headache: Reiki uses special hand positions to ease away tensions and restore peace and equilibrium to heal headaches.
- Reiki for Chemotherapy or Radiation Therapy: Reiki is really helpful for individuals who undergo chemotherapy or radiation therapy by decreasing discomfort and having a calming effect as it gently helps in releasing toxins that get accumulated from the treatments and assists in dealing with the nausea, vomiting and fatigue.
- Reiki for Surgery: Reiki is very helpful in dealing with surgery phobia by relaxing and calming a patient prior to a surgery. Reiki treatments pre and post surgery help in decreasing the discomfort and promoting healing with fewer complications.
- Reiki for Arthritis: Arthritis patients report decreased pain and improved quality of life with Reiki treatments.
- Reiki for Allergies: Reiki is helpful in relieving many of the symptoms associated with allergies such as headaches, nasal stuffiness and fatigue.
- Reiki for Pregnancy: Reiki is really helpful in pregnancy and delivery with its calming and relaxing effects of treatments. Reiki provides lesser complications to babies with its much easier process of delivery.
- Reiki for Multiple Sclerosis: Symptoms of MS such as headaches, muscle aches, mental confusion, anxiety, and fatigue are often reduced by regular sessions of Reiki.
- Reiki and Hyperactive Children: Reiki has a very beneficial for hyperactive children with its calming effect through regular treatments. It develops calmness in children to stay focused.
- Reiki for First Aid: Reiki helps the patient by supporting the body in the condition of acute medical crisis by its ability of controlling anxiety and pain when calming down the patient and the situation and blood loss.
- Reiki for Depression: Reiki helps a lot in depression by stopping all the negative energy and helps an individual to fight depression by providing the peace of mind and soul through its healings effects for depression. Reiki ends the stress and depression and helps patient to start a fresh life. Reiki is effective in overcoming depression easily.