What is Spiritual Healing, How To Practice, What Are Its Methods?
What Is Spiritual Healing?
Spiritual healing is a technique where subtle energies are used for healing. These types of energies have been recognized by the western medicine only in the recent past.
Many eastern medical systems have recognized and have been using these types of forces or energies for hundreds and thousands of years. Other names which are also used for these energies are Chi and Prana. These energies are related to and are directed by a person's consciousness. Due to this, a person can accept healing forces directly in the presence of the healer or at a distance from the healer.
How To Practice Spiritual Healing?
A Tibetan Buddhist practices this technique in the following way:
- Accept the problem and the pain. Be open about having the problem; you needn't approve the pain, but the best way to manage the pain is to experience it completely, so that you are in a position to let go of the pain.
- Be aware of the facts that pain (as well as pleasure) is a fundamental part of this world. Pain and pleasure are a package deal and come together.
- You should realize that there are many individuals who have the same problems which you are facing and which are as bad, if not worse.
- Try to empathize with the other individuals who are also suffering and wish you could do something to help them.
- Try to develop the wish that you could take on some of their sufferings or problems through a type of transmission. Try to imagine that your pain now somehow includes a portion of their sufferings and thereby relieves them of some of their pain.
- Imagine that you are not only taking on a part of their suffering, but also you are giving them some of your happiness so you can help them also. Visualize their problems entering your heart as a thick, black smoke, and your kindness flowing out to them as a pure, white light.
- You should also feel that this black smoke is helping you to completely demolish your confusion and the detrimental relationships with your problem. This should result in a feeling of joy and happiness.
- You can also synchronize this visualization with your breath. Breathe in the problems suffered by others and breathe out your happiness. The breathing should be done naturally throughout.
- Continue doing this until you have a feeling of achievement.
This is a marvelous practice and helps you in balancing out your personality.
What Are The Methods of Spiritual Healing?
Spiritual healing comprises of the following methods:
- Higher levels of concentration.
- Devices that convey healing forces such as radionics.
- Channeling of spiritual leaders and helpers.
- Personal spiritual awareness.
- Channeling of spiritual energy e.g. chi, prana, reiki.
- Psychic powers.
- Bodhicitta (total enlightenment or compassion).