When it comes to looking beautiful, everyone would lean on make-up kits from different brands. However, a healthy looking and glowing skin actually tells more of what you put in your body than what you put on it. Just like eating healthy maintains the internal health and a good weight, it also upholds the quality of the skin. So if you want a glowing skin that others would envy, think twice and check on your diet plan.
Here Are Some Tips To Start With On Your Path To Get That Perfect Blemish Free Radiant Skin:
- Avoid Crash Diet For Healthy Skin: Crash diets generally do not contain the necessary proteins, vitamins, fibers, carbs and other essential nutrients required for your body. Eating at regular intervals increases the metabolic rate and thus helps to keep your body toned and healthy. Moreover, repeated loss or gain of weight can affect your skin in a negative way resulting in stretch marks, wrinkles, and sagging.
- Include Nuts In Your Diet For Smooth and Supple Skin: Nuts contain mono-and poly saturated fats which keep your skin smooth and supple. Almonds and walnuts are great sources of Vitamin E and Omega-3 fatty acids most people lack. Thus a handful of walnut or almond when sitting idle or adding some to your salad or dessert can prevent the free radical damage, maintain the moisture in your skin and it is also thought to increase your memory power.
- Take Fresh Vegetables For Radiant Skin: Be it for your eyesight, to keep your digestion at its best or for a healthy skin, green vegetables are always a good option. Vegetables like tomatoes, sweet potatoes, carrot, beetroot, broccoli and leafy vegetables like spinach and arugula are rich in antioxidants and many other nutrients, important for skin cell development and attaining a healthy skin tone. Spinach, on the other hand, is a very good source of a series of nutrients like vitamin B, C, and E, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and Omega-3 fatty acids. Beetroot and carrot contain beta-carotene which when consumed gets converted into vitamin A, the most important component to keep skin soft and smooth. In addition to eating the beetroots, you can also dab a slice on your lips while going out to get natural pink lip color that would stay longer and clubbing it with your radiant skin it will render you a pretty look.
- Fruits For Clear Complexion: Fruits like strawberries, blueberries, blackcurrants, kiwi, oranges, papaya, sweet potatoes, guava, apple and amla or Indian gooseberry, and citrus fruits like lemon are all rich in vitamin C and antioxidants and this limits the production of free radicals and thus prevents damage to the skin cells. Watermelons, cantaloupe and mangoes have loads of caroteniods which helps in preventing sunburns.
- Dairy Products: Dairy products like milk and yoghurt are great sources of calcium which is good for your teeth, nails and bones. Milk also keeps the teeth free of cavity, supports the jawbone and stimulates formation of enamel. People having acne will have to be a bit careful with dairy products consumption as milk can stimulate oil glands of the skin which can worsen the acne problem.
- Seafood and Fish To Slow Down Wrinkling Process of Skin: While concentrating on all the other minerals do not forget zinc. For the normal functioning of the sebaceous gland, which produces oil to keep your skin soft and supple and repairs all skin damage, zinc is very important. Foods rich in zinc are fish, lean red meat, poultry, salmon, and oyster. These are also good source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Wild Salmon has high Vitamin D content which keeps the teeth and bones healthy too. It also slows down the process of wrinkling of your skin.
- Dark Chocolates For Glowing Skin: Surprised? That is exactly what you read. A small chunk of dark chocolate can do wonders to your body. Dark chocolates have natural flavonoids content in it which helps to keep your skin glowing, hydrated, prevents sun damage and most interestingly, it does not cause acne contrary to the popular belief. It also relaxes your mind and body, lowers the blood pressure level and prevents the platelets to stick to each other while reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke. Dark chocolates also elevate your mood. However, note only a small chunk is advisable, because it also contains sugar and fat.
- Green Tea: Green Tea is a very rich source of antioxidants and has loads of health benefits. It keeps your body cool, prevents from sun damage, has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties, and also helps in weight loss. So get at least 3-4 cups of this amazing drink.
- Drink Loads Of Fluids: To keep your body hydrated and make your skin look supple and glowing, drink lots of fluid throughout the day be it in the form of plain water, or juices, or soups. Maintaining the fluid content in your body to the optimum level will keep you flexible as well.
Following the mentioned tips will not only help your skin glow but also will keep you healthy from within. However, do also follow a regular exercise regime to protect your cardiovascular health, flexibility and hold back other health problems.