Compulsive sexual behavior disorder also referred to as hypersexuality disorder is an extreme obsession with sexual fantasies, urges, and lust that is often impossible to keep under control. It eventually results in anxiety, health complications, the negative image at your workplace, relationships and other parts of life.
According to the recent publication in the International Classification of Disease, compulsive sexual behavior disorder is considered as an impulsive disorder. Compulsive sexual behavior may include a range of frequently entertaining sexual practices such as masturbation, cybersex, several sexual affiliates, use of pornography or forfeiting for sex.
How To Diagnose Compulsive Sexual Behavior Disorder?
There has been significant support concerning the great danger of over-analyzing and pathologizing which is essential in the theory of compulsive sexual behavior disorder. The following characteristic indicates the presence of s compulsive sexual behavior disorder:
- Continual sexual activities apparently become an essential part of the lifestyle of the person. Eventually, the individual fails to care about his other fundamental requirements such as his health, personal care, interest in other aspects of life.
- His/her efforts to get rid of the sexual addiction paves no positive results
- Repetitive sexual addiction becomes monotonous and is no longer providing self-satisfaction.
- These individuals become vulnerable
- A pattern of chaos to manage severe sexual addiction or lusts and the resulting continuous sexual addiction over an unlimited time, for instance, half a year or more.
- Marked suffering or substantial damage in private, family, public, scholastic centers, careers, or other vital zones of implementation.(1)
The causes of the above-mentioned conditions remain unclear. However, there are multiple aspects of diagnosing compulsive sexual behavior disorder. The analysis is a crucial technique for you and your health care provider. Physicians and psychiatrists use analysis to recommend you on healing options and potential health well-being. Health care professionals in the United States and researchers worldwide use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders for the diagnosis of psychiatric illnesses.
This manual enlists all categories of mental syndromes for both adults and children. DSM delivers a definite evaluation of the concerns and helps in developing precise objectives of treatment, as well as the extent of the degree in reviewing the efficiency of treatment. In addition, the DSM aids guide study in the psychological department.(2,3)
What Is The Best Medicine For Compulsive Sexual Behavior Disorder?
If you or somebody related/known to you is experiencing compulsive sexual behavior disorder, it’s only instinctive to speculate whether a cure for sexual disorder exists. Treatment for compulsive sexual behavior usually includes psychiatric therapy, medicines and support group help. The primary objective of therapy is to assist you to cope with behavior and lessen extreme activities while retaining healthy sexual behaviors.
Many individuals with a sexual disorder gain from the support and arrangement of recuperation counseling groups like Sex Fanatics Unnamed and Sexaholics Anonymous. Clinical studies show the potential effectiveness of pharmacological treatment with naltrexone and SSRI (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) antidepressants for moderate to severe depression.(4)
These antidepressants are relatively safe and often have lesser side effects than other forms of medicines that can help relieve symptoms of compulsive sexual behavior disorder. Cognitive-behavioral therapy has a hands-on practical approach in treating compulsive sexual behavior disorder. This is perhaps widespread therapy used by therapists to diagnose the triggers
In addition to these, there are also other sexual addiction programs that include
- Residential Inpatient Sex Addiction Treatment Centers
- Luxury Sex Addiction Facilities
- Executive Sex Addiction Programs
- Outpatient Sexual Addiction Rehab and Treatment Programs
- Prescription and Over-the-Counter Medication
You should feel neither embarrassed nor humiliated in admitting you suffer from sex behavior disorder. There is plenty of help readily available than it has been in the past,(5,6)
- Compulsive sexual behavior Diagnosis of compulsive sexual behavior disorder https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/compulsive-sexual-behavior/symptoms-causes/syc-20360434
- What to know about compulsive sexual behavior https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/182473.php
- Finally, an Official Diagnosis for Compulsive Sexual Behavior Disorder https://blogs.psychcentral.com/sex/2019/07/finally-an-official-diagnosis-for-compulsive-sexual-behavior-disorder-sex-addiction/
- What is the treatment for sexual addiction? https://www.medicinenet.com/sexual_addiction/article.htm
- Sex Addiction Treatment Program Options https://www.psychguides.com/behavioral-disorders/sex-addiction/treatment/
- Treating Compulsive sexual behavior https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323906010_Treating_Compulsive_Sexual_Behavior