Someone has rightly said, "Weight loss is a lonely battle within yourself, because only you can change you!" The fight for losing weight is one of the most difficult fight which requires dedication, effort, interest and a positive approach towards the struggle. One needs to follow all the essentials required for losing weight. There are various weight loss exercises which actually help in reducing the excessive weight when done with strictness on a regular basis. However, in any kind of workout the diet plays a crucial role in enhancing the performance as well as provides an effective recovery from the workout. It is important to note what we eat before as well as after our workout session. So, this current article will let you know about some of the most important pre and post workout diets for weight loss which can actually help you in the long run.
Importance Of Diet Before Workouts For Weight Loss: Why Is Pre-Workout Diet Important?
Many people worry about taking diet before workout for weight loss. However one thing that research studies explain about diet and weight loss workout is that your body burns the same amount of fats with the weight loss workouts done without taking meal as it burns with the weight loss workouts done with the pre-workout meal. So pre-workout diet has nothing to do with the fact of the amount of fats burnt by the body with the workout.
However there is a great importance of the pre-workout diet in improving your body performance and strength when you perform workout after taking the necessary meal. It is important to take your diet at least 45 minutes to one hour before workout for weight loss so as to keep your stomach away from hunger and prevent your body from losing muscles and reducing the metabolism. What happens when you are meeting with hunger is your body remains in a survival mode. This means the energy or the protein required by the body while performing the exercises or in general; is gained from the muscle mass, instead of the kidney or liver. Thus when the body depends on the muscle protein for energy there is a muscle loss. With the muscle loss there occurs a depletion of metabolism in the body and this in turn leads to a reduced performance which restricts you from losing weight in an effective manner.
Importance Of Diet After Workout For Weight Loss: Why Is Post-Workout Diet Important?
Now looking upon the importance of diet after workout for weight loss, we can say that like the pre-workout diet, the post-workout diets also keep importance in our body. What happens while workout is our body takes the glycogen stores from the muscle mass as the energy fuel while performing. By taking the essential meal or snacks after 30 minutes of workout would help our body restore the lost glycogen and allow the body to have a quick and effective post-workout recovery. Research studies have shown that if we delay taking our meals for about 2 or more hours after exercising for weight loss there is 50% reduction in the amount of muscle glycogen restoring capacity by the body than when diet taken after 30 minutes. Having your energy drink, the necessary diets containing enough of protein and carbohydrates with you to take them immediately after workout will prove real great in getting you the best results out from your weight loss workout.
Pre-Workout Diet For Weight Loss:
Let us know about some of the diets which helps great before workout for weight loss.
- Sweet potatoes with slightly salted broccoli prepared with olive oil
- Brown rice and black beans in cooked state
- Apple and walnuts
- Banana along with butter.
Now here we come with some of the healthiest and finger licking recipes that you can prepare and take before workout for weight loss.
Oatmeal And Frozen Berries Toppings As A Pre-Workout Diet For Weight Loss:
Oatmeal is one of the healthiest diets you can take before your workout for weight loss. Oatmeal along with hot water or milk and frozen berries topped over works a great recipe as a pre-workout diet for weight loss.
- ½ cup oatmeals
- 1 cup water
- Frozen berries
- Honey (optional)
- All you need is take the oatmeals in one cup of water and allow it to boil. You can also use milk instead of water.
- Keep on stirring non-stop and allow it to cook for few minutes.
- Serve it hot along with the frozen berries on the top.
Home-Made Protein Bars-A Good Pre-Exercise Food For Losing Weight:
This is one more recipe which can be used to prepare the diet to be taken before workout for weight loss. Check out the ingredients required and mode of preparation below.
- 400 grams of uncooked oatmeal
- 340 grams of peanut butter
- 150 grams of whey vanila protein powder
- 250 grams of coconut cream
- Open the coconut cream and whisk it properly till it becomes smooth
- Then add whey protein powder and whisk again till it turns smooth
- Now, add peanut butter and whisk once again till it gets smooth.
- Finally add the uncooked oatmeal and mix it well.
- Now flatten the mix in a dish and allow it to chill in the refrigerator of at least 2-4 hours
- Cut it to 12-15 bars and take it before workout for weight loss.
You must have read somewhere, "My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with!" If you are one of those who simply love taking potatoes, then Jacket Potato Dish would be a great dish for you to be taken before workouts for weight loss.
- 1 potato
- Cottage cheese
- Salt, pepper and paprika
- You can have tuna as an optional ingredient.
Know the mode of preparation for Jacket-potato in quick easy steps.
- Scrub one potato and prick it several times to make tiny holes in it.
- Place on a plate and cook it with high power on a microwave for five minutes.
- Turn it and allow it to get cooked for more five minutes
- Now top it with salt, pepper and paprika.
- That's the recipe done and ready to eat before your workout for weight loss.
Chicken Wrap: An Effective Pre-Workout Diet For Losing Weight
If you love eating chicken, then this one is for you. Chicken wrap is a dish to be taken before workout for weight loss that helps you great in enhancing your performance while workout. So let us check the ingredients required and mode of preparation for this pre-workout diet for weight loss
- Handful of cooked chicken chips
- Handful of tomato, lettuce and cucumber
- Tortilla wrap.
- Begin the preparation with a tortilla wrap. Place cleaned lettuce leaves, tomato and cucumber slices.
- Add shredded cooked chicken breasts
- Now, wrap it up.
- That's your pre-workout diet for weight loss!
Post- Workout Diet For Weight Loss:
"Done with a lot of hardship; Now time for rest and recovery." So here we are with some of the most wonderful post-workout diet recipes for weight loss. Diets rich in Carbohydrates, proteins, fibres etc are essential to be taken after workout. We will discuss on things you can eat after workouts for weight loss to restore the glycogen level in body and to treat you in an effective way for a quick post-workout recovery. On the later part of this section, we will be mentioning about some of the healthy and mouth watering diets to be taken after workout for weight loss.
Essential Post-Workout Diets For Weight Loss
- Salad with roasted chickpeas, vinegar and olive oil
- Steamed veggies with non-GMO tofu
- Multi grain bread and peanut butter
- Protein shake prepared from banana, almond, milk etc
Peanut Butter And Banana On Rice Cake-An Effective Weight Loss Diet After Exercising:
Want to replenish your energy instantly after workout for weight loss? Try out this recipe.
- Half banana
- One tablespoon peanut butter
- Two brown rice cakes.
This is absolutely simple to make. All you need is smooth your peanut butter onto two brown rice cakes to prepare the sandwich along with a half banana for instant energy gain and recovery after workout for weight loss.
Protein Shake With Banana--Post Workout Diet For Losing Weight:
- One glass of water
- Two scoop of whey protein powder
- Half banana.
This is again a simple to make drink where you need to add two scoop of whey protein powder in a glass of water along with half a banana to make the shake and take it within 30 minutes of your workout for weight loss. Believe it! You can replenish ample amount of energy with this.
Try Turkey And Cheese With Apple Slices As Post Exercise Diet For Weight Loss:
This is one more simple and interesting healthy diet to be taken after workout for weight loss. Check out the preparation method below.
- 4 ounce deli turney
- One apple
- One soft cheese wedge
- Spread out the soft cheese wedge over 2-3 slices of lean turkey
- Add a slice of apple for some extra energy
- Roll it up for eating immediately after workout for weight loss.
Yogurt And Fresh Berries As An Effective Weight Loss Diet After Exercising:
Yogurt is one of the best protein sources which can be taken after workout for a better and effective post workout recovery. You can take yogurt and fresh berries together after workout for weight loss.
These were some of the healthy and essential diet and diet recipes to be taken after workout for weight loss. If you are in to your hunt for reducing your weight by best possible exercising modes, all you need to keep in mind is believe in what you do, what you eat and how you perform!