Ischemic Heart Disease: Prognosis, Recovery Period, Prevention, Yoga Poses
Men are more prone to ischemic heart disease than women even though the chances of getting ischemic heart disease is higher if the age is more than 50 years for both women and men.
In this section of the article you will learn about the recovery period/healing time for ischemic heart disease, prevention, prognosis and yoga asanas/poses for ischemic heart disease.
Prognosis/Outlook for Ischemic Heart Disease
The prognosis/outlook for ischemic heart disease are good if the disease is detected in the early stages. The prognosis on the heart related diseases are improving dramatically as there is a lot of successful research which is going on which is helping on early detection of heart related diseases.
The outlook for the patients suffering from ischemic heart disease has improved by many notches. Due to early diagnosis the patients are able to lead a healthy life. If prior information is available to the people regarding the chest pain, they can get timely help to extend the life.
Recovery Period/Healing Time for Ischemic Heart Disease
If you want to know detailed information about the recovery period or healing time for ischemic heart disease and the mode of treatment it is vital to consult your doctor. You can also questions about the recurrence of the problem.
Patient can interact with the cardiac team to understand the mode of the heart surgery for ischemic heart disease and how it would be beneficial.
This care will usually continue after you have left hospital. For the first few weeks after your surgery for ischemic heart disease, a member of the cardiac rehabilitation team may visit you at home or call you to check on your progress of ischemic heart disease. After surgery care would go a long way in delivering spectacular results to the users. The medical care team would monitor the progress of the patient. Some of the activities for rehabilitation for ischemic heart disease include:
- Moderate exercise.
- Education about ischemic heart disease.
- Emotional support followed by relaxation.
Stress free life and healthy diet would help you to live longer.
Prevention of Ischemic Heart Disease
The prevention of ischemic heart disease is in your hands and ischemic heart disease can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle:
- Leave smoking to prevent ischemic heart disease.
- Control of blood sugar level to prevent ischemic heart disease.
- Low fat diet is essential to block the addition of cholesterol in blood.
- Controlling the weight is also crucial in preventing ischemic heart disease.
- Stress reduction as well as management.
Coping with Ischemic Heart Disease
Coping with ischemic heart disease plays a crucial role in quality of life of the individuals suffering from the disease. Some of the serious complications for ischemic heart disease are as follows:
- Dying suddenly from heart problems.
- Heart attack.
- Infection to the heart muscles.
- Reduced blood supply.
- Irregular heartbeats in the body.
Ongoing Care Is Important for Coping with Ischemic Heart Disease
Continuous ongoing care is crucial in coping with ischemic heart disease. It is important to consume healthy food along with physical activity to lead a long and happy life. One should also manage the stress in an impeccable manner
- Cholesterol and blood sugar level in the body should be closely monitored.
- Lipoprotein measures the cholesterol in the body. In addition blood glucose test helps to control the sugar level resulting in healthy life.
- Doctors can help to control the risks to the cardiovascular system of the body.
- Tests need to be scheduled after consultation with the doctors.
Emotional Issues and Support for Ischemic Heart Disease
Coping with ischemic heart disease may cause fear, anxiety, depression, and stress. You may worry about heart problems or making lifestyle changes that are necessary for your health.
- Ischemic heart disease patients may suffer anxiety along with depression. Lifestyle changes have to be accommodated to become healthy.
- To avail psychological treatment for better coping with ischemic heart disease, you can talk to the doctor because it would help to reduce the stress and depression.
- One can join the support group and share the experience of the people who are suffering from ischemic heart disease. You can avail their advices to improve the quality of life. You may like to contact the local community center for help.
- Family members along with friends can provide moral support to the patient.
Yoga Poses/Asanas for Ischemic Heart Disease
There are various yoga poses/asanas for treating ischemic heart disease. People doing yoga lead a healthy lifestyle and stick to vegetarian diet. They also do not smoke because the habit could do more harm than good in the long run. The exercise would go a long way in reducing the stress and anxiety to a great extent. The blood circulation system would improve by many notches.
- Mountain Pose (Tadasana) for ischemic heart disease plays an important role in imparting stability to the body and helps the people to acquaint with stillness.
- Hands to Feet (Pada Hastasana) pose for ischemic heart disease is essential to eliminate the fat from the waist and restores the elasticity to the body. You can improve the strength of the ligaments in an impeccable manner.
- Warrior Pose for ischemic heart disease is vital to enhance the balance of the body along with the increase in the strength of the legs and arms. The pose goes a long way in eliminating the neck problems.
- Stand Spread Leg Forward Fold pose can aid in ischemic heart disease. Inner back legs along with spine can improve the blood circulation system of the body. People suffering from the back problem need not bend forward.
- Triangle Pose (Trikonasana) pose for ischemic heart disease is popular among the people to enhance theirwellbeing and ward off diseases without any hassles.
- Standing Side Stretch Pose for ischemic heart disease contains stretch that extends from belly to the arm and another to the legs.
- Tree Pose (Vrikshasana) for ischemic heart disease goes a long way in enhancing the strength of the thighs and groins. Moreover, it also helps to maintain the balance along with concentration. It is useful for the people who are suffering from the problem of flat feet.
- Lotus Yoga Pose (Padmasana) for ischemic heart disease enhances the strength of the ankles as well as knees to enhance the flexibility of the hind limb.
- Single Leg Raises Pose for ischemic heart disease is performed prior to doing other types of exercises. Lower back muscles along with legs can be strengthened in an impeccable manner. Only one leg is raised during the exercise.
- Double Leg Raises Pose for ischemic heart disease involves the raising of the double legs while the back is resting against the floor in a relaxed mode. It is important to learn the guidelines before proceeding ahead.
- Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) for ischemic heart disease helps to provide flexibility to the spine and assists in the elimination of menstrual irregularities.
- Child Pose for ischemic heart disease is essential to stretch the thighs, ankles along with the hips as well as shoulders. It improves the blood circulation of the body once the headstand and back bends exercises are performed.
- Leg Reclining Lunge (Single and Double) for ischemic heart disease focuses on the muscles of the legs in an impeccable manner. One can easily learn to execute the single leg lunge without any problem.
- Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottanasana) for ischemic heart disease is the most important poses is the seated bend in the forward mode. It goes a long way in improving the posture. The whole pose should be performed with the help of relaxation exercise.
- Sage Twist Yoga Pose (Marichyasana) for ischemic heart disease benefits not only the organs of the abdomen but also the spinal cord. You should learn the pose by an instructor.
- Wind Relieving Pose (Pavanamuktasana) for ischemic heart disease helps to release the excessive gas from the stomach and improves the digestive system of the body.
- Corpse pose for ischemic heart disease is the mandatory pose necessary to regulate the blood flow in the body in an impeccable manner.
Yoga should not be performed under pain and must be conducted under the guidance of a capable instructor. Half an hour break should be taken between the poses. The doctor should be consulted prior to joining the yoga sessions for ischemic heart disease.