In this section of the article you will read about the home remedies for ischemic heart disease, natural supplements and lifestyle changes for ischemic heart disease.
Home Remedies for Ischemic Heart Disease
Below mentioned are some of the best home remedies for ischemic heart disease:
- Grapes are wonderful home remedy for patients with ischemic heart disease.
- Nicotine blocks the supply of blood and CO (carbon monoxide) poisons the body, therefore it is important to quit smoking and it is a good home remedy.
- Exercise helps you achieve and maintain a healthy weight and control diabetes, elevated cholesterol and high blood pressure all risk factors for ischemic heart disease.
- Healthy food consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables and fish would go a long way in reducing the cholesterol along with sodium salts in an impeccable manner. It is important to consume fish oil for long term benefits and is a good home remedy for ischemic heart disease.
- Pranayam and yoga can be practiced to ward off the breathlessness and reduce the blood pressure in ischemic heart disease.
- Apples and honey play a very important role in the blood circulation of the human body. As a result, you will feel rejuvenated and relaxed.
- Another great home remedy for ischemic heart disease is that you can consume raw onion juice to control the cholesterol level in the blood however red meat needs to be avoided.
- The diet should be low in calories and sodium. It should be high quality natural and organic food. Whole grains, fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables will be sufficient enough for this.
- It is vital not to consume the refined flour and sweets. One should focus on fresh vegetables along with amazing fruits.
- Egg yolk should be avoided as it contains high level of cholesterols.
- Using olive oil is considered as valuable food in the ischemic heart disease. The olive oil is having abandon quantity of mono-unsaturated fat which lowers down the bad LDL cholesterol and shoots up the good i.e. HDL cholesterols. It also carries anti-oxidant properties. Therefore is a very beneficial home remedy for ischemic heart disease.
- People should not consume egg yolk. Olive oil can be used by the people because it helps to reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the body,
- Garlic plays a very important role in eliminating the infection to the arteries. It should be consumed in raw form but people suffering from acidity should avoid it for the treatment of ischemic heart disease.
- Vitamin E is essential to enhance the level of the oxygen in the blood. Green vegetables along with fruits would go a long way in delivering impeccable results to the patients of ischemic heart disease. Outer leaves in cabbage are rich source of Vitamin E.
- Hot foot and hand baths are beneficial for relieving the pain in the heart. Vitamin C does not allow the heart attack to happen because it provides protection to the arteries from clogging. Bath with hot water can reduce the pain in the chest and is an excellent home remedy for ischemic heart disease.
- Another good home remedy for ischemic heart disease is alfalfa herb which is used to reduce the blockage in the arteries and it should be taken along with carrot juice. You need to consume the product twice on a regular basis.
- Asparagus is a natural medication and can be used as a home remedy that can be quite useful in the treatment of enlarged heart. It is mixed with vegetable juice along with the honey to provide long term health benefits.
- Pomegranate leaves along with water are mixed and grinded for the patients with ischemic heart disease to drink. They play a very important role in treating the ischemic heart disease.
Natural Supplements for Ischemic Heart Disease
There are many natural supplements which can seriously help in decreasing the high blood pressure, reduce the diabetes which can lead to ischemic heart disease.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of unsaturated fatty acid that decreases the inflammation inside the human body and can aid as a natural supplement in ischemic heart disease.
- Fish and fish oil. Fishes are major source of the fat acid along with salmon, herring and the impeccable canned tuna. Fish oil goes a long way in enhancing the health of the people with ischemic heart disease.
- Flax and flaxseed oil. Flax seeds are essential in lowering the cholesterol level in the blood for ischemic heart disease however they are not as potent as the fish oil.
Other dietary sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Canola oil is also a source of fatty acid along with soybean oil but their effectiveness is still in doubt.
Natural supplements that reduce the blood pressure and sugar which in turn can help in the problem of ischemic heart disease are as follows:
- Impeccable Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
- Cooked Barley
- Blond psyllium
- Tasty Cocoa
- Useful Coenzyme Q10
- Evergreen Garlic
- Oat bran
- The medication Sitostanol.
Lifestyle Changes for Ischemic Heart Disease
Modifications in lifestyle can improve health prospects of the patients with ischemic heart disease:
- Quitting smoking should be a major lifestyle change for ischemic heart disease because nicotine block the supply of the blood to the heart while smoke releases carbon monoxide toxins in the body. Once the smoking is stopped, it is possible to reduce the probability of heart attack.
- Controlling or managing the high blood pressure should be a high priority lifestyle change for ischemic heart disease. One should undergo blood pressure test after the age of 18 years to monitor the health of the patient. People who are above the age of 40 are at an increased risk of heart attack. Ideal diastolic pressure should be 80 while the systolic must be around 120. Unit of pressure is mm of Hg.
- Cholesterol level management is a crucial part of the lifestyle changes for ischemic heart disease. In addition cholesterol test should be conducted after every 5 years. The medical consultants’ advice the people to monitor the level of the harmful cholesterol in the blood. The upper limit for LDL should be less than 100mg/DL.
- Keep diabetes under control if you want to get rid of ischemic heart disease. If you have diabetes, tight blood sugar management can help reduce the risk of heart disease. Diabetic patient should monitor the blood sugar level in the blood.
- Exercise can not only help in reducing the weight but also cholesterol along with high blood pressure which can support in treating ischemic heart disease. Physical activity is essential to improve the health of the people.
- Eating healthy foods is an overused phrase but it is crucial in treating ischemic heart disease. Foods derived from the plant include fruit and vegetables that provide low quantities of sodium and cholesterol. Fish goes a long way in reducing the cholesterol and increases the level of good cholesterol in the blood.
- Maintain a healthy weight is always a good lifestyle change not just for ischemic heart disease but for any disease. Obesity can cause the occurrence of ischemic heart disease and reduction of weight will result in the lowering of blood pressure.
Management of stress is a very crucial lifestyle change which should be adopted for ischemic heart disease. It is important to reduce stress in order to ward off ischemic heart disease.
Visit to doctors for frequent checkups related to cholesterol, blood sugar level and blood pressure will help in early treatment and control of ischemic heart disease.
- Ischemic Heart Disease: Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis
- Ischemic Heart Disease: Treatment, Risk Factors, Complications
- Ischemic Heart Disease: Prognosis, Recovery Period, Prevention, Yoga Poses