Scientific studies on eggs have proved that it is one of the most complete food items available on earth. Egg and egg products are equally popular across the globe.
Whenever you are feeling hungry, you can easily boil an egg and have it. Eggs contains protein and are healthy for us. However, some people like to avoid it for various reasons. Some have allergies while others get high blood pressure. Some people avoid eggs for fear of high cholesterol. The good news is that you have some good alternatives to eggs.(1) These food products are as good and effective as eggs.
13 Effective Alternatives for Eggs
Here, we are going to describe some of the effective alternatives for eggs:(1,2)
- Tofu Egg: Tofu tastes almost similar to scrambled egg. It is made up of soybean curds. One can prepare several recipes with tofu egg. Moreover, it is good for health as well. Those who are vegetarians can easily take it.
- Banana: You can easily use one ripe banana for the morning breakfast instead of an egg. Banana is full of all nutrients especially proteins, minerals, and vitamins. It is good for your health. Moreover, it tastes good and contains high calories which will also provide high energy. You can also eat a mashed banana with the bread.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is one of the most popular food items across the world. Humans are eating yogurt for centuries. Yogurt is also used in different recipes like baking cakes and pastries. You can take yogurt daily whenever necessary. It contains all the qualities which eggs have.
- Chia Seeds as an Effective Alternative for Eggs: Chia seeds are very good for replacing eggs. One can take chia seeds on an empty stomach. 1 tablespoon of chia seeds is the replacement of one egg. So, take it daily by mixing it with water.
- Flaxseeds: Since egg is considered as a non-vegetarian food, flaxseeds serve to be the best purpose for people who are vegetarian. Moreover, some people are allergic to eggs. They can also take flax seeds. It is very easy to prepare flax seeds. Just take some water in the bowl and add the flax seeds. After a few minutes, you will see some jelly-like substance; consume it at this stage. It will give you protein similar to an egg.
- Milk as an Effective Alternative to Egg: Milk contains as much protein as in one egg. We have a notion that milk is only for children. It can be consumed by anybody. Instead of milk tea, one can take one glass of milk daily. It is healthy as well as full of proteins.
- Apples: An apple a day keeps a doctor away. This is one of the well-known proverbs. Apple can be the replacement of eggs as well. It contains iron and protein. You can take it daily for breakfast or as a mid-meal snack. It will keep you healthy and it provides nourishment.
- Nut Butter: Nut butter such as peanut, almonds, cashew, raisins can also be the substitute for eggs. You can take it daily instead of eggs. If you don’t want to take nuts in this way then you can mix it with milk and have it. It will satisfy your hunger as well.
- Soybeans as an Effective Alternative for Eggs: Soybeans are tasty and contain protein. It is good for your health. Moreover, you can prepare several types of recipes with it. Soybeans can be the substitute for eggs. As an alternative to eggs, just take a few soya chunks.(1)
- Fruit Juices as an Alternative for Eggs: Fruit juices that are available in the market are the best option for the substitute of eggs. You can also try homemade fruit juices.
- Coconut: Coconut is one of the most popular food items having high nutritional value. Coconut is full of protein, fat, minerals, and vitamins. Coconut can be a good replacement for eggs. It has a high nutritional value and is a good source of energy. The fruit can be eaten with any other food items.
- Quinoa as an Effective Alternative for Eggs: Quinoa can be a good alternative to eggs. It contains carbohydrates, protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Many vegetarians use quinoa for its high nutritional value.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Highly energetic and easily available pumpkin seeds can be a good replacement for eggs. 100gm of pumpkin seeds contain almost 540 Kcal energy. The product is also high in fiber, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, and minerals.
We have discussed some of the important replacement food for eggs. There are varying reasons why you want to replace eggs with equally nutritious food items.(2) Egg is highly nutritious and if you are unable to have one for any reasons, these effective alternative for eggs will provide you with equal nutrition and make up for the deficit.