7 Health Benefits of Turmeric Ginger Tea
Turmeric and ginger are two important ingredients in most types of traditional cooking. These are two ingredients that are heavily used in the cuisines and the culinary delights of Asia and India. Moreover, these are two ingredients that have a large number of medical and therapeutic properties. This is why turmeric and ginger are used widely as homemade remedies that are used to handle and control several forms of ailments.
One of the common forms of having both these elements together as a homemade remedy for various health problems is a nice turmeric and ginger tea. This is a drink that is best sipped hot with a dash of lemon or honey in it. Turmeric ginger tea is a drink that can boost the natural immune system of your body and can protect your health from a large number of ailments. Let us take a look at the benefits of turmeric ginger tea.
7 Health Benefits of Turmeric Ginger Tea
- Skin Health Benefits of Turmeric Ginger Tea: Turmeric ginger tea is one of the best solutions for a large number of skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema and also acne. Ginger and turmeric has antibacterial element which acts as a strong anti-oxidant and provides acts as strong protection for the skin from different forms of infection.(1, 2) It also helps in the growth of new cells that prevents the signs of aging to make them visible.
- Digestive Health Benefits of Turmeric Ginger Tea: Turmeric ginger tea can also help to improve your digestive functioning. Ginger is a strong anti-inflammatory agent that helps the functioning of the stomach, reduces the pangs and the bouts of nausea that can come up due to several reasons and also improve the rate of digestion.(3) Turmeric and ginger tea can be taken by people who are suffering from bloating and cramping of the stomach.(4) This drink stimulates the peristaltic motion that can also reduce your tendency of constipation. Turmeric and ginger tea can also be quite helpful in managing conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, stomach ulcers and also the ailment of acid reflux.(5, 6)
- Turmeric Ginger Tea Benefits for Managing Blood Sugar: Both ginger and turmeric happen to have properties that could be useful for controlling blood sugar. When these two elements are combined, the resulting product can be really effective in regulating diabetic symptoms. Turmeric ginger tea helps to control both the insulin and the glucose levels in the blood and prevents dangerous spikes and falls of the blood sugars in the human body.(7) Such falls and rises could even be fatal for the patient affected by the condition.
- Turmeric Ginger Tea for Boosting the Brain: Turmeric and ginger seem to have certain properties and nutritional qualities that boost the cognitive functions of the brain, promote new cell connection in the brain and also helps to fight a vast number of neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s disease.(8, 9) It is also found to improve memory and reaction time and age-related loss of brain function.(10, 11)
- Cancer Fighting Health Benefits of Turmeric Ginger Tea: Turmeric and ginger are strong antioxidants that can fight a large number of cancers that could have otherwise affected your body. 6-gingerol has anti-cancer properties that are commonly found in raw ginger and thus in ginger tea.(12)
- Turmeric Ginger Tea Fights Cholesterol: Turmeric can be highly effective in working against the levels of cholesterol in the body. Turmeric helps to break down cholesterol in the body and hence reduce triglyceride and bad cholesterol. Ginger is a very effective blood thinner that prevents the formation of blood clots. This can effectively fight problems like cardiac arrests and also stroke.(13, 14)
- Health Benefit of Turmeric Ginger Tea for Boosting Immune System: Turmeric ginger tea is a drink that has a number of antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-fungal and many antiseptic properties that can largely improve the immune system of your body.(15, 16) Improved immune system can help you to fight problems like common cold and flu. In fact, if you are facing common problems of cold and flu-like congestion in the chest, a blocked or running nose, and cough then this tea can provide much respite from various problems.
To conclude the discussion, it can be said that turmeric ginger tea as a therapeutic drink must be taken regularly but in limited quantities. To enjoy the benefits of this drink, it is imperative that you must drink just a single cup of it every day. If you do have more than that, you might encounter other side effects like increase in uric acid, bloating of stomach and even severe stomach cramping. To begin with, you must make a lighter brew so that you can get accustomed to the drink.