Lassi is one of the most delicious and refreshing drinks and is very popular in most part of India. Mango being the king of fruits in India is liked by many people. When mango is mixed with the favorite drink lassi and it is called as mango lassi. Thus, mango lassi is nothing but a yogurt-based mango-shake.
Mango Lassi Recipe
Ingredients for Mango Lassi: For preparing the Mango Lassi the following ingredient is required-
- A cup of plain yogurt
- Half cup of milk
- A cup of chopped ripe and sweet mango
- Four teaspoon sugar
- Some cubes of ice
Methods to Prepare Mango Lassi: It is very easy to prepare mango lassi and you have to follow the following procedure to prepare mango lassi –
- First take mango, yogurt, and sugar in a mixer jug and blend them for at least for 2 minutes.
- Now, you can add milk in the mixture and stir it nicely.
- Add some ice cubes in the mixture and sprinkle a pinch of cardamom.
- Now, keep the mixture in a refrigerator for about 24 hours and then serve it in a glass.
Various Health Benefits of Mango Lassi
There are various benefits of mango lassi and being prepared with mango, curd, and milk, it is a highly nutritional drink that is rich in Vitamin A, B, and C along with protein. The following are some major health benefits of a mango lassi:
- Weight Loss Benefits of Mango Lassi: Since mango shake is made with curd, milk, and mango it has an adequate amount of protein, fiber, and starch. As such, it is low in calories but high in the nutrient. It thus helps in reducing the body weight. That is the reason why the people who need to lose their body weight should take mango lassi almost regularly.
- Eye Health Benefits of Mango Lassi: Mango is rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin A is beneficial for both skin and eyes. Vitamin A is very useful for treating eye dryness, night blindness, and good eyesight. So, people having a problem with eyesight should drink mango lassi at least twice a week.
- Cardiovascular Health Benefits of Mango Lassi: Mango is very beneficial in preventing heart disease as it is rich in pectin and dietary fiber. This helps in lowering the cholesterol level in blood which in turn helps in preventing the heart disease. Pectin is also very useful for heart health.
- Benefits of Mango Lassi at the Time of Pregnancy: Mango lassi is also very useful at the time of pregnancy. Since mango and milk are both rich in iron and a woman should have doubled the intake of iron during the time of pregnancy, mango lassi is considered a very beneficial drink during this stage.
- Mango Lassi is Beneficial in Controlling Acidity: Mango has an abundant amount of fiber and being alkaline in nature mango lassi can prevent acidity, indigestion, and helps in a greater way in the smooth functioning of the digestive system. In mango lassi, tartaric acid, citric acid as well as malic acid is present which the help of which the alkaline nature of the body can be maintained.
- Preventing Cancer: In mango, you will get carotenoids, ascorbic acid, terpenoids, and polyphenols which help the body to fight against various types of cancer cells. Again, pectin present in mango in large quantities also plays a major role in fighting against cancer.
- Bone Health Benefits of Mango Lassi: Since mango lassi is a mixture of mango and milk, it helps in a great way to strengthen your bones. Being rich in Vitamin D and Calcium, mango lassi can be very beneficial in getting stronger bones. That is why people having a dental problem are highly recommended to consume mango lassi so that their bones become very healthy and strong.
- Mango Lassi Benefits for Increasing Libido: Sex is an important part of married life. Since mango lassi is a mixture of milk and mango and is rich in Vitamin E, it has the potential to increase libido or the sex drive.
- Helps Prevent Anemia: Mango lassi has some essential nutrients such as it has a large amount of iron, protein, and beta-carotene. Thus, it is very useful in patients suffering from anemia who has a deficiency of iron and protein. Regular drink of mango lassi helps in a great way to remove anemia in patient. It is due to this reason that it is very beneficial to a pregnant woman as they generally suffer from iron deficiency and anemia.
- Helps Maintain Blood Pressure: Mango Lassi is also very helpful in controlling the high bold pressure. Since mango is rich in potassium, magnesium, and riboflavin, it plays a big role in regulating the blood pressure and maintaining the body fluids. Thus, mango lassi can lower the blood pressure of a person by reducing the level of serum cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein.
Mango Lassi can be enjoyed mostly in summer, as this delicious fruit is available only during this time. Apart from the refreshment that people get from this tasty drink, its health benefits are immense.