Oral Candida or oral thrush is a type of yeast infection caused in the mouth of a patient. This takes place, whenever buildup of Candida albicans takes place in the lining of one’s mouth. Oral thrush takes place in children or adults. If you suffer from oral thrush, you have to take an antifungal medicine to clear your yeast problems. Along with this, you have to take precautions and home remedies to deal with your symptoms.(1)
Can You Scrape Candida Off Your Tongue?
Scraping off white lesions or Candida from the tongue may help doctors and other healthcare experts to diagnose the underlying cause of lesions. When this problem takes place because of Candidiasis or thrush, it may come off temporarily, but the tongue bleeds. However, scraping only assists your doctor to perform a diagnosis and it cannot be a treatment to cure or overcome the problem of oral thrush. Besides, you may choose to use a tongue depressor to scrap off your Candida or oral thrush. This step also helps in highlighting inflamed and red areas, which usually cause minor bleeding in oral thrush patients.(2)(3)
Additional Steps With Scrapping Off Candida Or Oral Thrush
Based on the aforementioned facts, we have found that scrapping off Candida or oral thrush merely helps your doctor to conduct an easy diagnose of your tongue. Thus, to give you a permanent solution to the problem, we have suggested a few of the additional steps, which include the following-
Schedule Your Dental Appointment
You should make sure of practicing good oral hygiene and simultaneously, schedule your appointment with your dentist for 2 times in one year.
- Rinse Your Mouth Properly
- If you take steroid inhalers, you should rinse your mouth properly after each usage.
- Consume Enough Amount of Water
- You should make sure to keep yourself well hydrated to avoid your mouth to become dry.
Check Your Sugar Levels Regularly
You should always check the blood sugar levels in your body regularly. If you are a diabetic patient, you should put a limit on your sugary food items and certain sugary beverages. The reason for this is that yeast feeds on sugary foods easily.
Yes, you may scrape off the Candida from your tongue, but it only helps your doctor to conduct a diagnosis. To achieve treatment, you have to follow additional steps combined with prescribed treatments.
- Oral Thrush: Causes, Risk Factors, Investigations, Treatment, Home Remedies, Prevention
- What are the Common Mouth Problems & What is its Cure?
- 5 Common Tongue Problems
- What Causes White Spots On The Tonsils & How To Manage It?
- What are the Causes of a Green Tongue, Know its Treatment, Complications, Prognosis
- What are the Causes of White Spots on Throat?
- Sore Throat Vs Strep Throat: Differences Worth Knowing
- What Are The First Symptoms Of Oral Thrush & How Do You Test For It?