10 Effective Home Remedies To Get Thicker Hair
Nowadays, hair loss has become a very common issue among people. As your tresses are considered as an asset that improves your physical appearance, thinning hair or balding is an issue that people want to get rid of as soon as possible. The most common factors that lead to hair fall or hair thinning is poor hair care routine, chemical loaded products, allergies, pollution, nutritional deficiencies,excessive mental or physical stress, hormonal imbalances, and heredity. In case you are also suffering from the problem of thin hair, you don't have to spend so much money on the expensive products and treatments. There are various home remedies by which you can get voluminous and thicker hair.
Given below are 10 effective home remedies to get thicker hair:
#1. Aloe Vera to Get Thicker Hair:
- A very well known home remedy which we use to get thicker hair is aloe vera, because of its moisturizing property. Aloe vera also helps in restoring the pH balance of your scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Extract gel from 1 or 2 leaves of aloe vera and rub this aloe gel on the scalp. Let it sit there for around half-an-hour before you rinse the hair using lukewarm water. You can use this remedy 1 or 2 times a week regularly.
- Take 2 teaspoons of coconut milk and add some aloe vera gel in it. Now apply this to the scalp and leave it for around 30 minutes before you rinse it with shampoo. Do this 1 or 2 times a week.
Also, you can consume 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice every day first thing in the morning for good hair health and growth.
#2. Benefits of Avocado to Get Thicker Hair:
- You can also use avocado to make your hair thicker and to give moisture to the hair. Also, the vitamin E present in avocado makes it an effective home remedy to keep the hair healthy.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oil in 1 mashed avocado and 1 mashed banana. Now massage this mixture on the scalp and hair and leave as it is for around half an hour. Now shampoo the hair using a mild shampoo.
- Another option is to mix half mashed avocado and 2 tablespoons of wheatgerm oil to prepare a hydrating mask. Now, apply it and let it be there for around 15 minutes. Now shampoo the hair using a mild shampoo. Both these avocado hair masks are an effective home remedy to get thicker hair and can be used once a week.
#3. Get Thicker Hair With Fenugreek Seeds:
- Fenugreek seeds are also very beneficial in providing thickness to the hair naturally. Fenugreek seeds work effectively for new hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Soak 2 to 3 tablespoon fenugreek seeds in water for around 10 hours. Now grind these seeds to prepare a paste. You may also add 2 teaspoon coconut milk in this. Apply it on the hair and scalp and leave it for around half-an-hour before you wash hair using slightly warm water. This home remedy hydrates dry scalp and also give you thicker hair.
- Soak some fenugreek seeds in water and leave overnight. Next morning use this water to rinse your hair. This effective home remedy will not only help you get thicker hair, but will also prevent dandruff and promote hair growth. You can do this remedy home 2 times in a week.
Flaxseed helps promote thick hair, as it is rich in protein, and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Soak some flaxseeds in the water for whole night. In the morning, boil them in 2 cups of water on high heat and stir occasionally. When it starts to get thick in foamy gel like consistency, turn the heat off and then strain the gel. You may mix some drops of any essential oil in this. Let it cool down and apply it in the form of a hair gel. This home remedy is great for people with wavy or curly hair.
- Even consuming flaxseeds that are freshly grounded can provide thicker and shiny tresses. You may also have flaxseed oil.
Protein is very necessary to get thick and strong hair. For this, you can use eggs.
- Beat 1 or 2 eggs according to your hair length. Wet your hair and apply the egg on scalp and hair. Let it dry for around half-an-hour. Now shampoo the hair using lukewarm water. Do this remedy 1 or 2 times a week to get faster results.
- You can also take 1 egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of any oil. Mix them well. Massage your scalp using this mixture. Do this home remedy once a week for thicker hair.
#6. Olive Oil to Get Thicker Hair:
Olive oil is very effective to make your hair thick. Olive oil is also effective in strengthening and softening the hair.
- Take some olive oil and warm it slightly. Now massage this oil on your scalp and let it be there for around half an hour. Shampoo your hair with your regular shampoo. You may let the oil remain for the whole night and then wash the hair in the morning for better results.
- You can also mix some honey and olive oil and apply the mixture on your scalp and hair. Leave it for around half an hour. Now shampoo your hair with mild shampoo. This is a very effective home remedy to get thicker hair and can be done about 1 or 2 times in a week.
#7. Castor Oil to Get Thicker Hair:
Massaging the scalp on a regular basis using cold pressed castor oil is a very easy way to enjoy thicker hair. Because of the high viscosity, it coats your hair thoroughly and helps protect you from hair fall. Castor oil is loaded with fatty acids and vitamin E, which supports hair growth.
Warm equal parts of coconut oil and castor oil. Only using castor oil can also do, but it will be too thick. Apply this on the hair and scalp and massage with fingertips in circular motion. Comb the hair to distribute this mixture throughout the hair and remove the tangles. Cover the hair using a towel that is moistened with hot water. Leave it on for at least one hour and then shampoo your hair as usual. Do this home remedy once a week to get thick and lustrous hair.
#8. Indian Gooseberry to Get Thick Hair:
Indian gooseberry contains antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties; thus it helps a lot in hair growth and maintains a healthy scalp.
- Add 1 tablespoon of amla powder in 2 tablespoons coconut oil and warm it until it boils. Now strain this mixture and apply it on the scalp using circular motion at night. Wash your hair in the morning. You can do this home remedy once in a week and enjoys its beenfits in the form of more thicker and shiny hair.
- Add half-cup of amla powder in one-fourth cup of warm water. Leave it for 10 minutes. Now apply this on the scalp and hair for around 15 minutes. Wash the hair after a few hours. Do this home remedy once a week.
- Eating Indian gooseberry also help maintain the health of your hair.
#9. Henna Leaves:
An effective way to get thicker hair is to use henna. The leaves of henna will give the hair a natural rich colour and also make it softer, thicker and less prone to breakage.
Grind some fresh henna leaves by adding some water to get a paste. Leave it as it is for 2 hours and apply this on your scalp and hair. Cover the head using a shower cap. After 1 or 2 hours, shampoo the hair thoroughly.
Add some water in henna powder to make a paste of yogurt-like consistency. You may also add green tea instead of plain water for better results. Keep this henna paste overnight. In the morning, mix1 raw egg and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in the mixture. Apply this on the hair and let it dry completely. Now shampoo the hair properly.
Caution: Always wear gloves while using henna and use a hairbrush while applying it to avoid staining.
#10. Healthy Diet Can Help You Get Thicker Hair:
Consuming a healthy diet that is rich in various vitamins, minerals and protein is very important to get thicker and healthy hair. Especially B vitamins and protein help promote longer and thicker hair.
Thus, to get thicker hair include more nuts, legumes, beans, eggs, milk, Greek yogurt (possess more protein as compared to regular yogurt), fresh green vegetables, poultry, seeds, whole grains and fatty fish in the diet.
Use these effective home remedies for thicker hair regularly and you will surely notice improvement in not only the density of your hair, but also the texture of the hair in a matter of weeks.
- Fight Against Hirsutism: Getting Rid Of Female Facial Hairs!
- Hair Transplantation: Recovery, Prognosis, Side Effects, Cost, Maintenance
- Rubbing Nails Is An Effective Treatment For Hair Loss
- Causes of Hair Loss in Males, Females, Children
- What Causes Ingrown Hair and How to Get Rid of it?
- Can Minoxidil Regrow Hair?
- What Causes Hair Thinning & How to Stop it?
- Home Remedies to Stop Receding Hairline