You may be surprised to know that you can prepare your own hair growth formula at home very easily by adding some essential oils. These essential oils are extracted from the herbal plants and do not contain chemicals. Let us look at the most popular essential oils for hair growth and DIY (do-it-yourself) essential oil hair spray recipes.
Essential Oils for Hair Growth
Essential oils contain many healing therapeutic properties which help in sufficient blood to the scalp, revitalizing the damaged hair follicles, and protecting the scalp from fungus and other infections. This way, it encourages the faster growth of your hair.
Here are some of the most effective essential oils for hair growth.
- Lavender Essential Oil – A floral oil, which has a pleasant fragrance. This essential oil is versatile in nature. It is one of the well-known essential oils for hair growth. It can protect hair from thinning edges, balding, hair loss, and alopecia areata or spot baldness, an autoimmune disease in which the immune system can attack the hair follicles that can lead to hair loss.
- Rosemary Essential Oil – The oil of rosemary is extracted from its leaves which contains a strong fresh herbal fragrance. This oil has many properties that makes it one of the important essential oils for hair growth. It enhances blood circulation of your scalp and stimulates dormant hair follicles. These stimulated hair follicles encourage new hair growth and strengthen existing ones.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil – Cedarwood oil is obtained from the wood of the cedar tree. This oil is well known for relieving tensions, enhancing beauty, and improving wisdom. In a research, it has been proved that cedarwood essential oil can effectively deal with hair loss problems. It is very helpful in strengthening hair follicles and restoring lost hair thus one of the popular essential oils for hair growth.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – When peppermint oil is applied on the scalp, it gives a pleasant cooling effect to the scalp and the body as a whole. It energizes hair follicles that lead to faster hair growth. It also eliminates dandruff, fights the oily scalp, refreshes the scalp, and relieves itchy scalp problems. This too is one of the best essential oils for hair growth.
- Thyme Essential Oil – Thyme oil is obtained from Thymus vulgaris herb which has a strong spicy fragrance. The warming effect of this essential oil rushes blood to the scalp and revitalizes the hair follicles, which encourages hair growth. Its antimicrobial properties make this oil able to fight against many scalp problems like fungal infections and dandruff.
- Sweet Basil Essential Oil – Sweet basil oil has a relaxing and calming nature. Application of this oil on the scalp heals the scalp inflammation, fights itchy scalp and revitalizes the hair follicles, which encourages to produce strong and thick hair. This too is one of the well-known essential oils for hair growth.
DIY Essential Oil Hair Spray Recipe
With the knowledge of the most effective essential oils for hair growth, it is easy to make your own hair care recipe. Here is one of the simplest yet effective DIY essential oil hair spray recipe.
- Rosemary oil – 7 drops
- Lavender oil – 10 drops
- Thyme oil – 3 drops
- Cedarwood oil – 3 drops
- Witch hazel – 1 tablespoon
- Distilled water – ½ cup
- 4 Oz glass spray bottle
How to Use:
To begin with, mix all the essential oils with witch hazel and stir well. Now take the distilled water or filtered water and pour it into the glass spray bottle. Add the prepared solution to this spray bottle and shake well to mix them. Your hair growth spray is ready now. Keep it in a dark, dry and cool place. Try this DIY essential oil hair spray recipe for hair growth and see the magical results.
- A Guide to Basics of Essential Oils: Its Preparation, Use, Benefits, Precautions
- Essential Oil Recipes For Your Health
- Essential Oils that are Contraindicated during Pregnancy & Why?
- Aromatherapy for Weight Loss|Essential Oils for Aromatherapy Weight Loss
- Remove Blemishes on Face With These Home Remedies & Essential Oils
- 8 Best Essential Oils For Your Health
- 5 Essential Oils To Relieve Itching
- Safety Guide for Using Essential Oils on Babies