Essential Oil Recipes For Your Health
Essential oils (EO) are best known for their health benefits, whether it is physical or emotional wellbeing. Few drops of these oils are mixed with carrier oils while preparing for use. Some of the best recipes that you can use for good health are included here.
Essential Oils Recipes For Muscle And Joint Pain
Essential oils (EO) can be used to reduce pain and discomfort of the muscles and joints. These recipes are good for applying but rubbing or massaging depends on your joint condition and needs medical opinion.
- EO Recipe For Joint Pain– Choose a carrier oil like Jojoba or Hemp Seed oil, as they contain anti-inflammatory properties for better advantage. Take 2 ounces of your carrier oil. Add 20 drops of Roman Chamomile and 5 drops of Black Pepper to your carrier oil; mix them well and store the mixture in a glass container. Apply few drops of the mixture on the joint.
- EO Recipe For Bruises– Take carrier oil like jojoba oil (1 ounce); add 8 drops of Helichyrsum Essential oil and Roman Chamomile essential oil to it. Gently use this mixture on the bruised area once or twice a day.
- EO Recipe For Sore Muscles– Massage is better given by a trained therapist and on medical advice. To prepare the massage oil, take 1 ounce of carrier oil like Sweet Almond or Jojoba oil. Add essential oils, 1 drop of Black Pepper, 5 drops of Eucalyptus, 2 drops of Ginger and 4 drops of Peppermint. Mix them well and store and use about half teaspoon of mixture for every massage.
- Making Essential Oil For Muscle Relaxation- Add 3 drops of Lavender, Marjoram, Tangerine and 1 drop of Chamomile to 1 ounce of carrier oil like jojoba oil to make a blend that can be used in your bath or even for body massage. This recipe can be used for muscle and tissue relaxation, which also soothes your senses.
- Bath For Joint Pain And Tensed Muscles– Add 10 drops of Eucalyptus EO to the bath and enjoy a relaxing and refreshing bath.
Essential Oil Recipes For Cold And Nasal Congestion
- EO Recipe For Cold and Sinus Congestion– You can use this combination recipe for steam inhalation. Add 2 drops of each essential oils Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Lavender and Tea Tree to your steaming pot of water, cover your head, close your eyes and inhale the steam for relief.
- You can also add Peppermint Essential Oil to the above recipe and keep the steam pot to allow the steam to spread in the room during the day.
Essential Oil Recipes For Other Health Issues
- Essential Oil Recipe For Headaches– Take 1 tablespoon of carrier oil like jojoba oil and add 1 drop of Peppermint and 5 drops of Lavender to it. Mix it well and the mixture can be gently applied on the neck and shoulders.
- EO Recipe For Earaches– Add 3 drops of Chamomile and 1 drop of each Lavender and Tea Tree to a carrier or massage oil and mix well. Gently apply the mixture around the ear and neck.
- EO Recipe For Menstrual Pain- Take 1 ounce jojoba oil as carrier oil. Add essential oils, 4 drops of Cypress, 3 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Peppermint to jojoba oil. Mix all oils and store. Apply few drops over the lower abdomen to obtain pain relief.
- EO Recipe For Acne– Take 1 ounce jojoba oil as carrier oil. Add 1 drop of Geranium EO, 5 drops of Tea Tree EO and 6 drops of Lavender EO to the carrier oil; mix them well and store it in a bottle. Take a few drops and apply over the face for acne; while avoiding the eyes, nostril, lips and inner part of the ears.
- EO Recipe For Better Concentration– Essential oils can be helpful in improving alertness, concentration and giving a memory boost. You can add the oil blends to the diffuser, in a bath or air freshener. Add 3 drops of Rosemary essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon or add 2 drops of Peppermint and 3 drops of Lemon essential oil or EO.
- EO Recipe For Stress Relief– Calming down and relaxing your senses can be really essential, especially after a hectic day. These oil blends can be added to the diffuser, in a bath or air freshener. Add 2 drops of Roman Chamomile, Lavender and 1 drop of Vetiver EO. Another blend is to add 3 drops of Grapefruit and 1 drop of each Jasmine and Ylang Ylang EO.
Essential Oil Recipes For Diffuser
Essential oils can be diffused into your room to feel fresh, have welcoming atmosphere at home and also to keep bugs away. This can be done using different essential oil diffusers; for example,
- Electric or Fan Diffusers - They blow the oils placed on a tray or an absorbent pad into the entire room.
- Electric Heat Diffusers – They heat the oils gently and diffuse them into the room.
- Nebulizing Diffusers – They take the oils, break them into smaller molecules and disperse them in the room, which is better absorbed.
Some Essential Oil Recipes That Can Be Added To The Diffuser For Specific Purpose Include:
- Essential Oils That Act as Insect Repellent– Use 1 drop of each essential oil, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Melauleuca, Rosemary and Thyme.
- EO Recipe To Help Breathe Better in Cold Climate- Use 1 drop of each essential oil, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Peppermint and Rosemary.
- EO Recipe To Keep Your Room Fresh– Use 2 drops of each essential oil, Lavender, Lemon and Rosemary.
- EO Recipe To Eliminate Room Odor– Use these essential oils, 1 drop of each essential oil Cilantro, Melauleuca, Lime and White fir and 2 drops of Lemon EO.
Blending essential oils or EO to prepare a recipe for the desired purpose is an art as well as a science. Care should be taken while using the oils and safety measures should be followed. It is best to follow the advice of an essential oils or an aromatherapy expert. While using the essential oil recipes for health concerns, seeking medical opinion is advisable.
- Benefits of Fish Oil on Health
- Essential Oil Recipes For Your Health
- Flaxseed Oil: Does It Help Joint Pain? Know Its Benefits and Side Effects
- Oil Pulling or Oil Swishing: Benefits, How To Do, Type of Oil to Use
- Krill Oil: Is It A Better Health Supplement Than The Fish Oil?
- Is Castor Oil Good for Hair?
- Neem Oil Benefits|Skin, Hair, Dental Health|Treats Burns, Arthritis, Muscle Pain