Aromatherapy can help you lose weight and lead a healthy lifestyle by improving relaxation and physical and mental well being. Aromatherapy for weight loss is effective only if it is clubbed with regular exercises and healthy diet. This natural therapy is considered to be an effective weight loss method as it has no side effects as compared to other weight loss programs. Knowing about essential oils for aromatherapy weight loss can help in planning a proper weight loss regime.
Aromatherapy for Weight Loss
Aromatherapy for weight loss uses various essential oils, which have great health benefits and help you lose weight. Aromatherapy massage is performed using these essential oils in other base oils like sweet almond oil. Sometimes, the essential oils are applied directly on the areas with excess fatty tissues, which helps reduce the fat cells and gives you a well-toned shape with reduced weight. Some essential oils can suppress your appetite level and prevent you from overeating, thus supporting you in your weight loss goals.
The essential oils for weight loss have the potential compounds to burn fat cells, improve digestion and help in weight reduction. The essential oils used for massaging are in moderate amount and can be mixed with carrier oils before using it for massages. Rigorous exercises, calculated dosages of essential oils and strict diet regime can together help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Many massage practitioners across the world use the effective essential oils for aromatherapy weight loss. Applying these essential oils and massaging can affect the metabolic rate of your body which enhances the fat burning process. It can also reduce the appearance of cellulite under the skin and burns the fatty cells into the dermal layer of your skin.
You can opt for anti-cellular massages by using up to three essential oils together. Massaging with effective essential oils in the areas of maximum fat deposition can help detoxify the body and reduce the fat cells. With regular use for at least six weeks, essential oils for aromatherapy weight loss can bring desirable results.
Effective Essential Oils for Aromatherapy Weight Loss
Here are some of the common and popularly used essential oils for aromatherapy weight loss:
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Peppermint oil usually give a cooling sensation of menthol and it also has the properties for relaxation. This is one of the most popular essential oils for aromatherapy weight loss because it has the ability to curb appetite and reduce food carvings. Inhaling the aroma of peppermint oil before your workouts can also boost your stamina to perform rigorous exercises to lose weight.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil – Lemongrass oil is widely used for sport related therapies and it can effectively aid in weight loss. This essential oil for aromatherapy weight loss can also treat athlete’s foot, acne, muscle pains and make you feel refreshed.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil – It is a popular essential oil known to boost energy level. It helps the body to prevent water loss and bloating and is very useful in aromatherapy weight loss. The limonene content of this essential oil boosts the ability of your body to release fatty acids into bloodstream where it is converted into energy.
- Bergamot Essential Oil – The refreshing smell of this essential oil leaves you with positive vibes and happy feelings. This essential oil is known to treat problems related to stress and depression which can significantly help in reducing weight. This is one of the most effective essential oils for aromatherapy weight loss in those who are emotional eaters.
- Ginger Root Essential Oil – This essential oil supports your weight loss endeavor by improving your digestive system. Using this essential oil in aromatherapy for weight loss, can increase energy level, boost metabolism and help to lose weight.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil – Sandalwood essential oil is preferred in aromatherapy for weight loss as it provides relief from stress eating and overeating. It is popular in aromatherapy weight loss for offering relaxation, emotional support and preventing overeating due to stress and depression.
- Rosemary Essential Oil – This is the most pleasant smelling essential oil for weight loss. Although it is mainly used for acne treatment, it is also used for other purposes for its medical properties. It is used in aromatherapy for weight loss to boost health and shed excessive fat cells in body.
Aromatherapy Weight Loss
There are many ways to lose weight, but aromatherapy is considered to be the best amongst all the other methods used for losing weight. There are many weight loss plans that you can combine with aromatherapy.
In order to achieve effective results from your aromatherapy session, it is necessary to reduce the intake of fat and carbohydrates from your diet plan. You need to cut back on starches and sugars as it will help lower your insulin level, curb appetite and make you lose weight faster without overeating.
You need to follow a weight loss plan that allows you to keep a check on your calorie intake. Healthy aromatherapy weight loss ensures that your body gets only the required amount of calories needed for physical activities, which can be easily converted into energy.
Apart from your diet, you also need to focus on your exercises. Aromatherapy for weight loss is best advised by trained aromatherapy practitioners, who can also guide about the best diet and exercises to follow, based on your individual requirements.