How To Make Olive Oil And Honey Hair Mask?
Olive oil and honey, both are great products for hair, skin and health. Olive oil is known for its tremendous benefits in beauty and diet; while honey has been known for its wonderful beauty benefits for skin and hair health. By combining olive oil and honey and preparing a hair mask can be really beneficial for your hair. Let us read the following array of the article and know more about the olive oil and honey hair mask.
Olive Oil And Honey Hair Mask:
Before we know about the olive oil and honey hair mask, let us know about the types and benefits of olive oil and honey.
Types And Benefits Of Olive Oil:
Types Of Olive Oil: Olive oil can be purchased in various grades and prices. The highest quality of olive oil and a great choice for condiments and several beauty products is the Extra virgin olive oil. It comes from the first pressing of fresh olives and is the least processed form of olive oil. This olive oil is rich in antioxidants and is bitter in its taste. The olive oil coming from second pressing of olives is the Virgin olive oil. This oil undergoes filtering and refining. However, the extra light olive oil is the one that is further filtered and thus it leaves a very lighter flavor.
Benefits of Olive Oil: Olive oil has some wonderful benefits, especially for the hair health. It is good for controlling dandruff and for conditioning the hair. Olive oil, being made of monounsaturated fatty acids with potent antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin E, it helps in moisturizing and repairing hair and skin.
Types and Benefits Of Honey:
Types Of Honey: Honey is available in a lot of grades and sources. The flavor and the color of honey greatly depend on the source of the honeybee’s nectar or depend on the blossoms used for preparing the honey. They are generally not processed. For treating your hair, you must always select a pure form of honey.
Benefits Of Honey: Honey is known to be one of the best humectants, and it helps trap moisture. It is also known to have tremendous anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Due to these properties honey is effective in restoring dry hair and in repairing and reducing split ends. There is also presence of antimicrobial properties in honey and that makes it an effective cleanser. While using honey for your hair, consider raw honey as it has more benefits than the processed ones.
How To Make Olive Oil And Honey Hair Mask?
- Olive oil and honey hair mask is a great remedy for hair health. This hair mask is recommended for people who complain about dry, or damaged hair. This hair mask can also be used for oily hair.
- For preparing olive oil and honey hair mask you would require 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 capsule of Vitamin E and a shower cap.
- Mix the olive oil and the honey in a bowl, pierce the capsule of vitamin E capsule and squeeze the oil out of it into the olive oil and honey mixture, whisk it until the mixture turns smooth.
How To Apply Olive Oil and Honey Hair Mask?
You can apply this olive oil and honey hair mask in two different ways. You can apply the hair mask either on dry hair, or apply it to your wet hair. However, it is good to apply it on wet hair; because the honey will not adhere properly to the hair strands and it will get tacky on the hair and will not reach everywhere, if you apply the hair mask on dry hair.
So, for applying the hair mask to wet hair, you just need to wet your hair and apply it with your finger tips and leave it to sit for at least 20 minutes, and then rinse your hair properly with cold water.
How Often To Use Olive Oil And Honey Hair Mask?
If your hair are dry then you can apply the hair mask twice in a week; but if you have oily hair, apply it only once in a week.
Precautions and Tips:
- Start applying the olive oil and honey hair mask from your hair’s mid-lengths; in case you have oily hair.
- Never use hot water for rinsing the mask out of your hair and always use cool water.
- Be known that honey contains natural bleaching agents in it that may lighten your hair color. So, in case you do not want the color of your hair to lighten, then this is not at all an ideal hair solution for you.
- After applying the olive oil and honey hair mask, wrap your hair with a plastic bag so as to prevent leaks and also for trapping warmth, which will open your pores up and allow the ingredients to supply hair roots with essential nutrients.
- If you want to leave the hair mask on overnight then just ensure that you wrap your hair in a shower cap and cover your pillow with an old towel.
- Make sure to follow the proper proportions of the ingredients so as to get the best benefits.
- Honey: A Sweet Remedy For Many Ailments- Know Its Types, Benefits
- Honey is an Excellent Home Remedy for Acid Reflux
- Honey for Eyes: Is Honey Beneficial for Improving Eyesight?
- Is Honey Effective in Treating Allergy Symptoms?
- Benefits of Olive Oil for Skin, Hair, Face & Health
- Walnut Oil Vs Olive Oil: Differences Worth Knowing
- Is Olive Oil High In Omega 3?