There is a saying that the hair is like a precious seed, you have to feed it and water it so it can grow into a tree that is vital, strong and healthy. You can achieve this goal by choosing hair DIYs as they nourish your hair and scalp with the powerful nutrients provided by nature itself.
Why is it Important to Use Homemade Remedies for Your Hair?
The factors like daily exposure to pollution, weather changes, strong sunlight, chemicals and stress make our hair damaged, dull, brittle and lifeless. Even though there is a wide variety of hair care products available in the market, nothing is better than using natural ingredients for your locks.
Using organic and natural hair masks for the hair and scalp is a superb way to treat your hair. Making a hair mask at home is a super easy and budget-friendly way to take care of your hair. All you require is a few simple kitchen ingredients.
Here in this article, we will talk about the benefits of a powerful natural ingredient- soy milk that is great for your hair health.(1,2,4)
What Good Does Soy Milk Do To Your Hair?
Soy milk is an effective alternative for people who are lactose intolerant or vegans. Also, soy milk is an important source of protein which is essential for our health, especially our hair. This powerful drink has become a valuable ingredient when it comes to hair care. It is known to have many properties to strengthen your hair. Soy milk contains calcium, protein, iron, potassium, B vitamins, folic acid and fibre, which all are essential for the health of your hair. The nutrients found in it treat the problem of hair loss. This is the reason it has been used for hair care for centuries. The wonderful benefits of this natural ingredient make it a real favourite for repairing damaged and dry hair. The hair-friendly nutrients and protein present in soy milk are believed to be effective in improving hair texture.(1,2,4)
4 Remarkable Benefits of Soy Milk to Boost Your Hair Health:
Soy Milk for Faster Hair Growth:
Hair is mostly made up of protein and because soy milk is high in protein content, it is ideal for optimal hair growth. As per a research, soy milk also contains equol, a molecule that prevents baldness and hair loss in both males and females.
Soy milk can have a great effect on your hair when combined with other powerful ingredients. It can stimulate faster hair growth. This is the reason soy milk is widely used in hair care products made especially for hair growth. It promotes hair growth and helps in keeping the scalp healthy.(3,4)
Soy Milk for Stronger Hair:
Protein is a key element in the strengthening of the hair. When you use a product that contains protein, it binds to the hair strands and forms a protective layer. This will protect the hair while styling and reduce the chance of breakage and hair loss. Hair products containing soy milk are useful for treating our hair externally. With this, consuming a beneficial protein source such as soy milk provides internal support for keeping hair stronger and healthier.(2,5)
Soy Milk for Deep Conditioning of the Hair:
Soy milk is very effective when it comes to moisturizing the hair. The high protein and oil content in it helps to deeply moisturize the hair roots. It is considered great in treating dry scalp as it quickly hydrates and stimulates the scalp. Soy milk acts as an excellent conditioner. After you do shampoo, apply it to the ends of your hair and rinse with water after 10 minutes to treat your hair well.(2,3)
Soy Milk To Treat Split Ends And Repair Damage:
The nutrients present in soy milk helps repair the split ends. Along with trimming the hair regularly, it is recommended to use soy milk DIYs for your hair. It has enough protein to fix your hair right away. With this, having soy milk often provides your body with protein that helps repair hair damage.(1,2)
8 Simple and Effective Hair DIYs Using Soy Milk
There are several hassle-free ways to incorporate soy milk into your hair care routine. You can simply apply half a cup of soy milk to your slightly damp hair. Now massage your scalp for around 5-10 minutes. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse it off using normal water. Repeat this process at least 1-2 times a week for best results.
To increase the overall effectiveness of this reliable ingredient, it is best to combine it with other natural ingredients that are great for hair. Being effective and cheap, such homemade masks can bring your damaged locks back to life.
Here are 8 simple and effective soy milk DIYs that work wonders on your tresses:
Soy Milk and Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of soy milk
- Mix the soy milk and coconut oil to make a mask.
- Cover your head with a shower cap after applying your hair mask.
- Let it dry for around 30-45 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Using this mask every week will give you great results to make your locks stronger.(8,9)
Soy Milk and Amla (Gooseberry) Juice
- 1 tablespoon of amla juice
- 2 tablespoons of soy milk
- Take the soy milk and amla juice and mix well. Make sure the amla juice is freshly extracted.
- Apply it to the scalp. Let it work for about 45 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
- Apply this hair mask every week for soft, shiny hair.(10,11)
Soy Milk and Castor Oil
- 1 teaspoon of castor oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy milk
- Mix both the ingredients and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask on your hair and scalp.
- Let it sit there for 1 hour.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Applying this hair mask every week can give amazing results.(7,12)
Soy Milk and Avocado
- A ripe avocado
- 3-4 teaspoons of soy milk
- Crush the avocado and mix it with soy milk.
- Apply it evenly to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for around 45 minutes.
- Wash the mask thoroughly with normal water.
- Get thick hair by applying this homemade mask every week.(5,13)
Soy Milk and Olive Oil
- Take both the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well to prepare the mask.
- Apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes. Now rinse it using a mild shampoo.
- Using this remedy once a week will strengthen your locks.(3,14)
Soy Milk and Green Tea
- 2 tablespoons of green tea (The beverage)
- 3 tablespoons of soy milk
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- Apply the mask to your hair length and scalp.
- Now cover your head with a shower cap and let the mask dry for an hour.
- Rinse off the mask with normal water.
- Use it twice a week for stronger and healthier hair.(2,15)
Soy Milk and Vitamin E Oil
- 2 capsules of vitamin E
- 1 tablespoon of soy milk
- Extract the oil from the capsules and mix with soy milk.
- Now apply the mask to your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for around 45 minutes.
- Wash the mask with your regular shampoo.
- Using this mask once a week will make your hair shiny and strong.(1,16)
Soy Milk and Banana
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 teaspoons of soy milk
- Take the banana and mash until it becomes smooth.
- Combine it with soy milk and mix well.
- Apply it all over your head and hair length.
- Let it rest for around 45 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash off the mask.
- Repeat the same process every week for strong shiny and beautiful locks.
Dull and dry hair doesn’t look good and can make your hair unmanageable. Soy milk hair masks to treat damaged and dry hair are completely natural and will help you to keep your hair smooth and shiny. So, head to your kitchen, search the fridge and cupboards and make any of these hair DIYs to treat dry and brittle hair. These easy-to-prepare soy milk hair DIYs will help greatly in strengthening your hair follicles.(6,17)
Soy milk contains many nutrients and is considered superb for your hair. The calcium, iron and protein present in the soy milk strengthen your hair, while the B vitamins make your hair shine. That shine comes from healthy moisture levels. If your hair lack protein or is dehydrated, it will affect the appearance of your hair. So, soy milk plays a vital role in maintaining your hair health.
Soy milk is also beneficial for unmanageable and frizzy hair. It is a great hair care ingredient and is used in shampoos, conditioners and other hair care products. It helps maintain hydration level in your hair by providing moisture and softness to the scalp and hair. Using soy milk DIYs not only keep your hair hydrated but also makes it glossy.
So, treat all your hair problems with this amazing ingredient and enjoy silky, smooth and nourished hair.