Vyvanse is a specific brand name of a drug referred to as lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. Doctors mainly recommend this drug for treating people experiencing attention deficit hyperactivity type of disorder or binge eating disorder in its severe form.(1)
Hypersexuality refers to an abnormal increase in sexual thoughts, activities and urges. Although thinking about sex or sex urges at certain periods is normal, in the case of hypersexuality, such as urges, thoughts, and behaviors often interfere with daily life and personal relationships.(1)
Does Vyvanse Cause Hypersexuality?
Vyvanse categorizes under amphetamines drugs and a few of the research studies have revealed its links with hypersexuality problems. Thus, similar to amphetamines, certain changes in sexual functions and libido functions are a few of the possible side effects caused by Vyvanse. Indeed, in some cases, individuals suffer from hypersexuality or compulsive sexual behavior because of the Vyvanse drug.(1)
If you have a look at the statistics of hypersexuality disorder, you will find that it is common among a large number of people, who intake Vyvanse. Particularly, compulsive sexual behavior disorder is common among males aging between 20 years and 29 years. Besides, the disorder is found in men with the habit to take Vyvanse and any other similar type of amphetamines drug for about 1 month and suffer from bipolar disorder.(3)
A few of the indications, which show that you are struggling or experiencing the problem of hypersexuality or compulsive sexual behavior are-
- You may experience intense and recurrent sexual urges, fantasies and behaviors, which consume a lot of time as well as feeling if they go out of your control.
- You feel as driven towards specific sexual behaviors, often experience a need to release your tension later but even you feel remorse or guilt.
- You have tried a lot but failed to control or reduce your sexual urges, fantasies, and behavior.
- You often use compulsive sexual behavior as an escape or in the form of relief from other life problems, like depression, loneliness, stress to or anxiety.
- You consistently involve in sexual behaviors, which have severe consequences, like your potential to give or get someone else a type of sexually transmitted disease, loss of your prime relations, trouble at your work, legal problems and financial strains.
- You face trouble to establish and maintain a healthy as well as a stable relationship.(2)
To conclude, we should say that hypersexuality or compulsive sexual behavior disorder is common among individuals, who intake Vyvanse for about a one-month period and the ones, have other mental disorders.
- What Is The Prognosis And Life Expectancy For Hypersexuality?
- How Long Will It Take To Recover From Hypersexuality & How Long Does The Symptoms Last?