Causes of Itchy Skin after Shower & Remedies to Get Rid of it
Do You Get Itchy Skin after Shower?
Experiencing an itchy skin after shower is a common experience for all individuals. This problem of itchy skin after shower usually last for relatively short period, like for instance only few hours, because of which people do not bother about it a lot.
However, if you consider about the condition of few people, they deal with the problem of itchy skin after shower for many hours or itching that consistently remains present may become worse after taking bath.
Hence, it becomes very much essential to understand the exact reason associated with the itchy skin after shower and thereby, to find out required remedies for overcoming itchy skin after shower.
Why Itching Triggers in Humans?
Itching refers to response given by the body of a human being towards different types of irritants remained present on the surface of its skin. Itching mainly takes place because of the simulation caused from a different form of receptor other than those, which touch, detect body temperature and cause pain or damage of tissues. Similar to pain, itch acts as a warning signal or prompts the human body to remove any irritant before it causes any damage to it.
However, during some special cases, you will find that itching in human body triggers from different alterations and substances, which are not actually harmful. Because of this, few people experience with the problem of itching after they take bath even though they do not have any skin problem or use any kind of harsh substance.
Causes of Itchy Skin after Shower
Prime causes of itchy skin after shower are as follows-
- Water can cause itchy skin after shower. When the water remains present on your skin for long time because of not drying it properly it may cause itching problem. In addition, you may experience this issue when you expose to steam without drying it in the right way.
- Another way for causing itchy skin after shower is by heat. Hot water may cause skin irritation, dry your skin excessively or may even worsen your already existing inflammation problem.
- Toiletries can also cause itchy skin after shower. Few of the shampoos, soaps and toothpaste when used excessively or longtime may cause itching of the skin.
- Scrubbing may lead to itchy skin after shower. Cleaning in vigorous manner via scrubbing with the help of any specific object, like for instance, loofah would not only lead to skin injury, but also skin irritation.
- Dry Skin is also a reason for itchy skin after shower. Soap and water cause drying of one’s skin, which might become apparent only a person takes bath.
- One other cause of itchy skin after shower is Hypersensitivity. Combination of heat and scrubbing in vigorous manner might increase the sensitivity of human skin in abnormal manner and thereby, cause its injury.
- Infections also cause itchy skin after shower. Water may sometimes contain specific microbes, which cause infection of the skin at the time or after you take bath.
Remedies to get rid of Itchy Skin after Shower
Despite the problem of itchy skin after shower does not have any specific treatment, but individuals may prevent/avoid it via following necessary steps:
- Going for short baths by using lukewarm to hot water is a good remedy for itchy skin after shower. You should strictly avoid very hot or long baths. Soaking oneself in a bathtub for once may not cause any problem, but soaking on frequent basis and that too for long period would result in itching problem.
- Using mild shampoos and soaps is a great remedy for itchy skin after shower. If you consistently deal with itchy skin problem after shower, you should go for relatively safe option by applying mild shampoos and soaps. You should strictly avoid usage of antibacterial soaps. In addition, you should make sure to rinse off the shampoo or the soap properly and simultaneously, ensure to take shower quickly after bathtub soaking via soap or foam bath.
- Another way to get rid of itchy skin after shower is by scrubbing your skin gently after bath. You should always keep in mind that dead cells of human skin slough off automatically during the day and individuals do not require to remove them physically. Rubbing in gentle manner may suffice in removal of dirt from the skin surface. You should never go for exfoliation of the skin deeply by using too many hard and rough surfaces.
- Other than wiping the skin by using a dry towel after shower, you should try for air-drying of your body for relatively short period before you wear clothes. If you are not sure about skin folds present, such as in groin region, you may use an electrically operated hair dryer on low heat to dry out the respective area to get rid of itchy skin after shower.
- Another remedy to get rid of itchy skin after shower is by moisturizing the dry skin post bath. Initially, you should make sure to dry the skin thoroughly before application of a moisturizer. For this, you should always opt for fragrance free or non-scented type of moisturizers, as they contain less possible additives to deal with sensitive skin.
- Application of emollient on diseased/damaged skin prior to taking bath is a good remedy for itchy skin after shower. Last, but not the least, you should apply a suitable type of emollient on your diseased or damaged skin before you should go to take bath. This step would help in preservation of remaining moisture content on your skin’s affected area. You should strictly avoid washing of open wounds or moisturizing method until and unless you receive advice to do such things from your doctor.