There is hardly any person in the world who doesn’t like chocolates. Apart from helping in the manufacturing process of the chocolates, cocoa has amazing skin benefits as well.
Is Cocoa Actually Good For Your Skin?
It contains a high content of vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in omega six fatty acids. Moreover, it also boosts the flow of blood in the various parts of the skin thereby adding to the glimmer of your face.
Cocoa is basically the seeds of the cacao tree which are made to undergo the process of fermentation to give it the delicious taste and a rich smell. Apart from being rich in vitamins and minerals, cocoa also contains a high content of riboflavin, calcium and thiamine, which helps to uplift the glow of the skin.
The benefits of applying cocoa powder on your skin form a never-ending list. Below mentioned are the ways by which you can achieve a glowing and healthy skin with cocoa.
Cocoa Helps To Fight Against Acne And Pimples:
Cocoa Helps To Slow Down The Aging Process:
The high content of anti-oxidants present in cocoa help to get rid of the harmful free radicals present in the skin. Thus the application of cocoa on skin helps to reduce the formation of wrinkles and gives a youthful glow to your skin.
Cocoa Helps To Keep The Skin Well Hydrated:
Cocoa contains a high content of flavonoids. Flavonoids are a group of antioxidants like polyphenols which helps to keep the skin hydrated at all times. Moreover, the vitamins and the minerals present in cocoa helps to increase the moisture content of your skin. Cocoa is considered as one such food item which contains the highest amount of polyphenol.
Cocoa Helps To Tighten The Skin:
Cocoa helps to increase the blood flow to the skin and the antioxidants present in it help to make the skin highly elastic. It also promotes the formation of the collagen, which tightens your skin.
Cocoa Helps To Treat Rashes And Infections:
All you need to do is rub a small amount of cocoa powder on the region of your burns or infections and witness the healing process within no time. However, you need to make sure that the cocoa powder has not been kept in touch with alcohol otherwise, it will cause inflammation in your skin. It can also be used for the treatment of eczema. It is even considered as a natural remedy for the treatment of rashes formed on the skin.
Cocoa Prevents The Formation of Stretch Marks:
The formation of stretch marks mainly during the pregnancy period can be avoided by the application of cocoa on the skin. It is completely natural and possesses no threat to the skin, hence you can also use lotions made up of cocoa powder to prevent the formation of stretch marks.
Cocoa Helps To Reduce The Cellulite Present In The Skin:
You can easily make a scrub out of the cocoa powder as it helps to flush out the harmful cellulite present in your skin. This scrub also helps provides you with a toned skin. It helps to increase the firmness of the skin.
Cocoa powder helps to reduce the redness and puffiness under your eyes. It is rich in caffeine and theobromine, which helps to increase the firmness of the skin.
So, how should you use cocoa powder? Depending upon your skin type you can create just the perfect cocoa face mask.
How To Make Cocoa Mask For Face?
Below is given information about three easy to make Cocoa Face Masks –
For Normal Skin:
- Make a mixture of one tablespoon of olive oil and brown sugar.
- Mix into it, one and a half tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- To this mixture add a few drops of vanilla extract to give it a good aroma.
- Now apply this face mask and scrub by massaging your skin in circular motions.
- Finally, rinse the mixture off your face with warm water.
For Oily and Combination Skin:
- Make a mixture with a tablespoon of cocoa powder in water.
- Now add two teaspoons of sea salt in this mixture.
- Add one teaspoon of raw milk to it.
- Now apply this mixture on your face and scrub the mixture in a circular motion.
- Let the face mask on for ten minutes and then rinse this mixture off your face with warm water.
For Dry Skin:
- Make a mixture of one tablespoon of cocoa powder and water.
- Now add half a teaspoon of brown sugar to this mixture.
- You can also add half a teaspoon of either coconut or olive oil to form a paste.
- Now apply this paste on your facial skin and massage it on your skin in a circular motion.
- Leave the paste on your face for around ten minutes and then wash it with warm water.