Which Yoga Poses/ Asanas are Appropriate for Chondromalacia Patella (CMP)?
You should begin these yoga sessions after have recovered completely from the chondromalacia patella (CMP) pain. Utilize yoga blocks, supports and cushions during the practice of these poses in order to avoid pain. Exercise in the limits of your body and exercise comfortably. If there is pain, then discontinue practicing them and consult your physical therapist before resuming.
- Virabhadrasana for chondromalacia patella (CMP) which is also known as the warrior pose is for strengthening your knees. It also helps people who suffers due to knee pain, removes stress from their knee joint and establishes balance in their body.
- Dhanurasana for chondromalacia patella (CMP) is also called as the Bow pose helps relieve pain in the knees and also to open up the shoulders. This yoga position also increases flexibility of the bones and helps in relieving stress and fatigue of the body.
- Trikonasana for chondromalacia patella (CMP), also called as the triangle pose helps in strengthening of the legs and knees. It also brings a stretch in the muscles and opens up the hamstrings, hips, and groin. This pose also releases the body from back pain and sciatica.
- Makara adho mukha svanasana for chondromalacia patella (CMP) which is commonly referred to as the dolphin plank pose helps in stretching the muscles of abdomen, thigh and hamstrings. This pose also toughens the arms, wrists, and legs by releasing pain and fatigue from the body. This pose prevents osteoporosis.
- Setu Bandhasana for chondromalacia patella (CMP), also known as the bridge pose helps in strengthening of the muscles present in the joint of the knee. Helpful for people who are suffering from osteoporosis. This pose calms the brain and helps in reducing the body's anxiety and stress.
- Savasana or the corpse pose has to be practiced for sure at the end of yoga asanas. Close your eyes and relax your complete body in the corpse pose for 20 minutes.
It is essential that you perform these yoga training sessions under a professional trainer only and try to practice them at home daily. Also, keep in mind that before starting any session takes a break of 20 minutes so as to keep your mind and body relaxed and not practicing yoga under stress.
Consult your doctor before practicing any yoga poses/asanas.
Will I be Able to Work (Return to Work Considerations) After Chondromalacia Patella (CMP) Injury?
Men and women as their career requirements contain typical or maybe long term durations regarding taking walks, working out with or maybe holding large objects, climbing as well as climbing down stairs or maybe ramps, or maybe squatting might need to minimize or maybe eliminate most of these things to do until signs and symptoms of the chondromalacia patella (CMP) decrease. Until eventually pain subsides, folk's needs to be helped typical relaxation smashes to avoid long term standing. The effort setting might need to possibly be improved permitting sitting down while using the leg throughout file format instead of throughout flexion.
Depending on the type of surgical procedure executed, the average person can be handled just as one outpatient and will return to function in a short time, or maybe, with increased concerned surgical procedures, the average person might have to have one or two night time inside clinic and also a more expanded break from job.
What Braces are used for Chondromalacia Patella (CMP)?
Different knee injuries require distinct knee braces. Your medical professional may possibly propose one type of knee brace immediately after the surgical procedure for chondromalacia patella (CMP). Sometimes if there is a pain in the front portion of your knee, you might require to wear a different knee brace even though you are exercising (stretching and strengthening) which is most commonly utilized to support as well as balance for your knees. A patellar stabilizing brace is built to help produce optimal patellar monitoring. Usually most of these braces may have some sort of strap, or maybe block, to hold the patella while you are using your legs.
What is the Prognosis/ Outlook for Chondromalacia Patella (CMP)?
Within optimum instances, the patient will recover and be able to get back on the feet as soon as possible. Chondromalacia patella (CMP) is not considered as a harbinger to osteoarthritis or in other words, chondromalacia patella (CMP) does not lead to osteoarthritis or degenerative arthritis.
How to Prevent Chondromalacia Patella (CMP)?
At times knee pain merely happens. However the following preventive measures will help avoid the pain caused by chondromalacia patella (CMP):
- To prevent chondromalacia patella (CMP) to recur you need to exercise and maintain strength of your quads and abductor muscles. This can be achieved by performing strengthening and stretching exercises.
- If possible avoid activities like pivoting, running and jumping but, if you are compulsive to perform these kinds of activities, always ask your physical therapist (PT) regarding the strength exercises and flexibility to maintain alignment of your knee. Using proper techniques suggested by your PT will help immensely.
- Lose extra weight if you are suffering from chondromalacia patella (CMP). In case you are overweight, shedding the extra fat relieves pressure on your knees.
- Perform stretching exercises before doing any exercises, running or work for at least 5 minutes.
- Stretching and strengthening exercises will help you gain strength and flexibility in long run and prevent the recurrence of chondromalacia patella (CMP).
- Do not increase your level of activity, exercises, or running at once. It should be very slow and gradual so that there is no recurrence of chondromalacia patella (CMP).
- You can also use shoe inserts if you have flat feet. If you are a runner, maintain proper foot wear, get rid of worn out or torn foot wear as they can increase the stress severely on one leg.