Neem is a powerful and a popular herb used in Ayurvedic medicine. It has a number of benefits which includes its benefits for skin health, oral health to the digestive system benefits. One can take it orally or topically. It is known that the oil derived from the seeds of the herb is of great importance and is used as the main ingredient in various skin and hair care cosmetics. This current article of ours will talk about some of the most important benefits of neem oil. Hope this would be a beneficial read for you.
Neem Oil Benefits:
Here below we have listed some of the most important benefits of neem oil.
Skin Health Benefits of Neem Oil:
Here are some of the benefits of Neem oil for the skin health.
- Neem oil protects the skin from environmental damage and also fights with the signs of ageing. It helps in smoothening wrinkles and fine lines. Being rich in essential fatty acids and vitamins, neem oil is known to work wonderfully on your skin. It gets absorbed by the skin easily and thus aids in rejuvenating the skin and improving the skin elasticity.
- Neem oil is also beneficial in fighting acne. It clears up pimples and removes bacteria that leads to break outs. Apart from this, Neem oil also aids in reducing redness and inflammation on the skin. It can also be used in face masks to remove impurities. Because of high content of fatty acids in Neem oil, it is used in treating scars caused by pimples and acne.
- Neem oil is an excellent skin conditioner and helps in removing skin dryness. It is also used in various medicated skin dryness repair products. You get a well toned skin from its herbal dryness repair formula.
- Neem oil aids in relieving symptoms of eczema, though it cannot cure the root cause of it. Neem oils ability to reduce inflammation and heal abrasion, soothes irritation due to eczema. Because of its antiseptic properties, it helps in keeping away from infections.
- It is also known that Neem oil aids in preventing or reducing fungal infections like ring worms, nail fungus, athletes foot etc. Several tests have proved that Neel oil is effective on 14 different cultures of fungi.
- Neem seed oil is known to be the ultimate pigmentation killer. It imparts fairness to the skin with a splash of freshness if used on a daily basis. It makes the skin fairer by reducing the pigmentation.
Hair Health Benefits of Neem Oil:
One more wonderful benefit of Neem oil is its benefits for hair. Apply Neem oil to the hair and scalp at least once is a week can result in healthier scalp and healthier hair. You need to massage the oil in to the scalp and leave it to set overnight before washing your hair off. Here below we will know about the hair health benefits of Neem oil.
- Neem oil is known to treat dandruff. Many anti-dandruff shampoos make use of Neem oil in them. It is also known that Neem shampoo is the most convenient way to treat or prevent various other scalp ailments including itchy scalp, psoriasis etc. Regular use of Neem oil can also prevent hair thinning.
- Neem oil is also known to treat head lice. It is in fact one of the safest ways to remove head lice. Just leave the Neem oil on your scalp overnight and then comb your hair with a nit comb to remove lice from your head.
- Neem hair oil is known to be able to increase the growth of hair when applied regularly. It enhances hair growth and also improves the hair quality.
- Neem oil is also known to be beneficial when used to treat rough and frizzy hair. Just add a few drops of the oil to your shampoo and then apply the shampoo on your hair and leave it on your head for a while, before you rinse it off.
- Neem oil is known to remove split ends from hair. Spilts actually leads to stunted growth of hair and make hair bushy and unmanageable. Neem oil repairs damaged hair cuticles, thus making hair manageable.
Dental Health Benefits of Neem Oil:
Neem is used in toothpaste and mouthwash so as to prevent gum diseases and cavities. Neem oil used in toothpastes or mouthwash helps in preventing the gums from becoming irritated and inflamed and also helps on preventing the bacterial accumulation in the mouth.
Neem oil Benefits in Making Medicines:
Neem Oil is Beneficial in Treating Minor Wounds:
Neem oil is also known to be beneficial in treating minor cuts and wounds. You can mix Neem oil and Vaseline in 1:5 proportions and then allow it to be. This helps in quick healing of minor wounds.
Neem is known to be a liver supporter. It helps in proper functioning of liver by filtering out toxins from it so that it can work in a proper way. Neem oil can also be used to treat jaundice.
Neem oil is known to be useful in treating cancer. Neem can reduce the size of tumors, especially when it is injected around the affected area.
Enhancing Digestive Functions:
Neem oil is also known to promote digestive system's function and clear off several digestive issues like diarrhea, constipation etc.
Improves Immune System:
Neem oil is an immune system booster and also a supporter of proper functioning of immune system. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties in it and is also loaded with antioxidants, which aids in fighting off free radical invaders that can damage cells and cause illness. It is known that coughing can be reduced by drinking Neem water.
Neem Oil is Beneficial in Treating Arthritis, Muscle Pain etc:
Neem oil has anti-inflammatory properties and is thus used in treating several conditions like muscle pain, arthritis, inflamed wounds etc. You need to heat Neem oil with coconut oil and massage in to the affected portion or the aching joints.
Fights Parasites, Especially The Intestinal Worms:
Neem oil can also be used to combat intestinal worms. They can kill scabies, ring worm etc in a good manner.
Benefits of Neem Oil in Making Cosmetics:
Neem oil is used in preparing cosmetics because of its wonderful skin health benefits.
It is extremely popular in all products of aromatherapy that aid in restoring mental health.
Neem oil is known to prepare insect repellents. It is safe to use on the body and aids in keeping pests away. It can also be used in shampoos to get rid of head lice. Neem oil is used in making mosquito repellents which help you keep away from the mosquitoes. Apart from this, it can also be an excellent repellent for a wide variety of common garden bugs like nematodes, mites, caterpillars etc.
Other Benefits of Neem Oil:
- Neem oil is known to make various pet care products.
- Neem oil used along with the dish washing liquids can be used in preserving your plants when the solution is sprayed in the leaves, roots and the barks.
- Neem oil is used in cleaning carpets and mattress. All you need is add Neem oil to your carpet shampoo and spray your mattress with Neem oil so as to remove mites, bacteria and fungi.
So, in the article we talked about some of the best benefits of Neem oil. Try out this wonderful herbal remedy to improve your beauty and health.