Jaundice is characterized when the skin turns yellow, even the whites of the eyes turn yellow. It's not basically considered as illness but an indication to other body problems. It is caused by the high level of chemical content in the blood known as bilirubin. The yellow color of the skin depends upon the level of this chemical, if the level is too high then the skin starts turning brown. Jaundice occurs because the red blood cells are ruined and the left over waste becomes the problem for the liver to get rid of. Jaundice occurs when viruses enters the body and then to the liver which starts to function in opposite way. The excessive submit of bile pigments in the liver causes jaundice. In jaundice bilirubin present in the blood of the patient increases which turns the skin yellow.
Symptoms of Jaundice
Jaundice includes fever because of which you might feel week, headache, constipation, and change in color of skin and tongue. Jaundice also leads to itching, restlessness, swelling of ankles apart from the change in color.
Causes of Jaundice
- Conditions like yellow fever , tuberculosis, malaria
- Glucose deficiency
- Various drugs
- Liver problems like hepatitis, cancer , cirrhosis etc
- Malformations of bile duct
Home Remedies for Jaundice in Adults
These days there are lots of medicines in the market to cure jaundice. Some medications cause problems like inflammation in the liver which leaves them irritated. However, it is always preferable to opt for home remedies in addition to the treatment plan provided by your doctor for an early recovery.
Listed Below Are Some Of The Home Remedies For Jaundice In Adults:
- Consume radish leaf juice daily to get relief from jaundice
- Have a glass of tomato juice with a little salt and pepper early in the morning
- Another very popular remedy is consuming lime with sugarcane juice twice every day.
- Soak 6-8 almonds, 5 cardamoms, 2 dry dates in water for a night and then peel the almonds and make a paste of all three ingredients and consume it.
- Damaged liver cells can be cured with a glass of water with lemon.
- Drink half cup beet root juice daily.
- Boil 10-12 lemon leaves in water. Boil for 5 minutes and drink the solution.
- It is recommended to add fresh juices and fruits in daily diet. It is one of the best methods to cure jaundice.
- People suffering from jaundice are suggested to consume foods like sweet potatoes, nuts and soya beans and grapes.
- Consuming of water melon and plums are also essential for healing jaundice.
- Indian Gooseberry juice is known to be quite helpful in treating Jaundice. 1 teaspoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with water to be taken daily.
- Eating Pomegrante or consuming its juice is known to be very helpful for Jaundice patients.
- Barley water is a good home remedy for Jaundice.
- Azadirachta Indica: Juice of crushed handful leaves of Azadirachta indica mixed with water to be taken daily.
Some other options like ayurvedic medicines named liv52 are very effective and it helps to recover from the disease smoothly. It is very important to take care of your diet and follow what is being recommended until you recover from jaundice. Also please make sure that too do not take much stress or tension. Excessive workout like walking too fast or lifting heavy things can be dangerous for the liver because the blood which is required by the body for digestion is diverted towards other activities.
Jaundice Precautions in Adults:
Jaundice & Alcohol: It is very important to avoid alcohol if you have been diagnosed as having Jaundice. Alcohol is dangerous for Jaundice patients as it can complicate the condition further leading to some serious complications.
Avoid soft drinks or carbonated drinks.
Avoid dairy products and meat if you are diagnosed with jaundice
Diet: It is important to avoid all kinds of spicy food, oily food and fatty food.
Jaundice is a dreadful disease which can happen to all age groups. To protect an individual from jaundice, every human should focus on their diet and well balanced meals habits which is wellness nourishing and easily digestible.