These days due to excess work load and busy lifestyle all men and women have become careless and unaware of their dietary pattern, because of this reason 8 out of every 10 individual suffer from stomach disorder. Stomach problems include things like stomach ache because of digestive problems, irregular motions, etc. A wrong dietary pattern may also lead to diarrhea. Diarrhea affects individuals of all age groups, especially the babies who are fed with artificial milk. Diarrhea can happen because of ingestion of food, or contaminated water Houses with bad hygiene where infective bacteria, virus can be deposited on food is the main reason for this problem. Severe diarrhea may lead to excess loss of fluid and salts in the body. It's a method of getting rid from unnecessary toxins which is creating problems for your body which helps to clean the infection. Everyone must watch out the consumption of the food they take. The processed, spicy food can react with our body's system by throwing unwanted stuff. Now, this current article will put limelight on the home remedies for diarrhea in adults and children and Diarrhea prevention tips but before that let us also know what are the causes and symptoms of diarrhea. Read below the following array of the article to learn more about diarrhea in a clear manner.
Causes Of Diarrhea
- Infection by virus and bacteria deposited on food and water can cause diarrhea.
- Certain chemicals present in paints, toys which children keep stuffing in their mouth while playing can cause diarrhea.
- Lot of drugs and antibiotics used for other medical treatments.
- Fruits and vegetables with excess roughage can cause serious problem, therefore make sure to wash before you eat them.
- When emotional stress or anxiety increases, the adrenaline discharge increases in the blood too, this in turn appreciates the metabolic process and leads to diarrhea.
- Some other minor causes of diarrhea are excess intake of sweets, coffee, alcohol and too much of spicy food.
Symptoms Of Diarrhea
- Frequent passage of watery stool, normally in a day a person passes normal stool once or twice but if it exceeds then it can be an indication of a problem.
- If you feel dizzy and nauseated then it's time to go and see a doctor.
- Frequent pain in lower abdomen.
- Feeling bloated, even when you are eating less.
- Fever along with headaches is also one of the symptoms of diarrhea.
- If you feel dried throat or thirsty most of the time.
- Dryness in lips and tongue
- Weakness in the body, laziness, problem in walking.
- Concentrated urine.
Home Remedies For Diarrhea In Adults
- If you are suffering from diarrhea then make sure you do not dehydrate yourself, consume enough water every day because it helps you to get rid of diarrhea.
- Stay away from all milk products like curd, butter, cheese etc.
- Consume light food like rice, banana, and apples. Do not take any antibiotics because they only help to get relief from stomach ache but prolong infection in the body.
- Try having mashed potatoes or tapioca because it contains good amount of fiber which absorbs excess water and normalizes diarrhea.
- Rice water for diarrhea: Left over water after boiling rice helps to cover up the water loss from the body.
- Energy drinks like Gatorade also helps you cope well with diarrhea.
- Make sure that you wash your hands always before you start eating.
- Don't consume OTC drugs because they cause constipation.
Home Remedies For Diarrhea In Children
- Children should be given non fiber food so that the movement in the intestine slows down and helps the stool formation to pass by easily. Children should be restricted from having green vegetables, or any roughage fruits. Recommended food for children suffering from this problem are potatoes, carrots, mushy peas, well cooked chicken or meat, boiled eggs, peeled apples and plum.
- When you see that the stool is being formed easily without any problem then gradually you can add bananas, pear, vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli to the diet but always make sure to wash the fruits and vegetables
- Make sure the child drinks enough water every day to keep them well hydrated.
- Make them exercise, get them involved in activities like walking, swimming because exercise helps the body to absorb and digest food easily.
- For easy stool formation pomegranate juice is a good source. Feed your child daily with a cup of pomegranate juice.
- Massage the child's abdomen gently with almond oil for three to five minutes.
- If diarrhea stays for more than few days to weeks after taking all the above mentioned precautions then it's a must to take your child to a doctor so that he can investigate the case thoroughly.
Diarrhea Prevention Tips
- While travelling make sure you drink only bottled water which should be sealed properly. Do not drink tap water or else you will be in trouble.
- The best way to purify water is to add a chlorine tablet to it.
- Avoid having drinks with ice because may be they are not made of pure water.
- Use boiled or bottled water to brush your teeth.
- Swimming in pools is not a problem because the water consists chlorine, but swimming in lakes can turn out to be dangerous.
- Don't eat left over, street food or reheated food.
- If you want to eat fruit, it should be washed and peels properly.
- Keep washing your hands regularly or use a sanitizer to stay safe and hygienic.
It is important for everyone to take out some personal time for themselves and take care of their eating pattern. Falling sick would not at all be a good option. Instead take care of yourselves, eat right, sleep right and exercise to stay fit and healthy. Especially take care of the hygiene factors, keep your home clean, tidy and disinfected from virus and bacteria which causes stomach infection problems like diarrhea. Also take care of your kids, make sure they wash their hands before anything, it should be like a mandatory habit for them a little and all the precautions can help you to live a healthy life.
Home Remedies for Diarrhea in Adults & Children