One way to classify your skin as dry and oily skin is, if you have oily skin, you can easily blot out excess oil from the skin using a tissue paper or a soft cloth. If you have oily skin, your skin will not age easily and it will remain soft and supple for many years of your life. Just remove excess oil from those areas such as the forehead and on the jaw, which is oilier than the rest of the face. Avoid fried food and food that is rich in fat, such as butter, cheese, and oil. If you take them in plenty, they will show up on your face as pimples.
On the other hand, if you have dry skin, your skin tends to get damaged more easily. Dry skin faces the following problems:
- Dry skin becomes flaky and listless.
- Wrinkles occur easily on the face and on the hands and foot in people with dry skin.
- You have to keep your skin moisturized frequently, so that it does not get dried and scaly.
- Rashes and itches are prone to occur on dry skin.
5 Skin Care Tips For People Having Dry Skin
- Dry skin has to be treated at least three times a day. You have to follow a regular routine to keep your skin looking shiny and smooth.
- Wash your face regularly. Use a cleanser to clean your face. Tone your skin and then moisturize it. This will keep your skin healthy and soft.
- Avoid chemicals in any product used.
- Use natural ingredients, as preservatives and chemicals react easily on the dry skin.
- Use sunscreen when you go out in the sun.
- Whenever you use makeup, you have to clean your face. Apply light makeup. Similarly, it has to be removed as soon as you return home.
Tips for Taking Care of Dry Skin on Regular Working Days
During the weekdays, you will follow a general routine of going to college to study or office for work. In such cases, you should make it a practice to follow a few rules to take care of your dry skin.
- Cleanse your face with a good cleanser. You can also use milk, as it is a natural ingredient and a good cleanser. If you have just had your bath, you will not need to cleanse your skin.
- Moisturize your face, your neck, hands, and legs too. Your legs are the most vulnerable if you have dry skin. It tends to crack and makes your leg unattractive. You can also moisturize your skin, especially your arms and legs with coconut oil, almond oil, or olive oil, as they are good moisturizers and can stay on the dry skin for a longer duration. You can also tone your dry skin using a natural ingredient like rose water. It keeps your dry skin smelling good and keeps it well-toned.
- If you are going out in the hot sun, you should use sunscreens with SPF 30. You should reapply it, if it melts or if you are out for a longer duration under the sun. Concealers and bb creams are also good at moisturizing the dry skin.
- Another skin care tip for people having dry skin is to apply light make up. It should not be too bright or harsh. Use creams that use a limited amount of chemicals.
- The first sensory organ that betrays dry skin is your mouth. Dry lips are evidence of dry skin and less intake of water. Moisturize it well with products that include good moisturizing content, such as butter. You should frequently touch up your lips with butter-based lip balms.
- The skin tends to become dry in the winter season more than the summer season. Take good care of your skin in winter.
- One more skin care tip for people having dry skin is to wear clothing that is light and comfortable. Cotton clothes are very comfortable and protective too in case you are suffering from dry skin.
Skin Care Tips For Dry Skin: On Returning from Work
- As soon as you return from work, you should wash your face. Remove all traces of dirt and grime from your skin. The polluting environment carries too much dust and chemicals that will hurt your skin and damage it and make it drier.
- Remove all traces of makeup from your face. You can do it with a mild cleanser, or you can use a makeup remover.
- Moisturize your skin to keep it smooth and supple.
- Drink lots of water or fruit juice. Drink fresh fruit juice such as orange, melon, lemon, etc., instead of aerated drinks.
Skin Care Tips for Dry Skin During Weekends
- In the weekends, you can take proper care of the skin, by exfoliating your skin. You can also use a moisturizing mask on you your face to retain your glow.
- Important skin care tip for people having dry skin is to relax with a good face mask over the weekend. Use a facemask that helps retain the moisture content in your skin. You can use face masks that are based on yogurt or cream of milk. Fruit-based masks are also good for dry skin.
- You can also immerse your legs in the warm water and massage it thoroughly with a good moisturizer to infuse life into your dry skin.
- Sleep well and allow your body to relax during the weekend.
Things You Should Do If You Have Dry Skin
- You should drink plenty of water, to keep your skin and body hydrated from within.
- You should also drink fresh fruit juice. It improves the water content in the body and nourishes your dry skin. Fresh fruits like watermelon, orange, apple and other fruits contain vitamins and minerals that keep your body hydrated and nourished. This shows outwardly on the skin too.
- You can consume plenty of yogurts too for adequate miniaturisation of your skin.
- You can choose boiled food and fresh salads, as they do not contain oil and are good for the body and skin.
- If you are living in cold regions, you should apply moisturizers frequently, especially after every bath, when the skin is still moist. This is an effective skin care tip for people having dry skin.
- If you keep humidifiers in the room you occupy, it will improve the moisture content in the environment, which is good for dry skin.
- Dry skin tends to be easily irritated by the climate. Itchiness and rashes are frequent occurrences on dry skin. Apply oil or any moisturizer that soothes the itchiness on your dry skin.
Things You Should Avoid If You Have Dry Skin
- If you want healthy skin, then avoid eating fried food like fried chicken, fried chips, etc.
- Do not take bath in very hot water. Use lukewarm water. If the temperature is high, ordinary, plain water is best for dry skin.
- Avoid harsh chemicals in any of the products you use, such as soap, shampoo, moisturizer, makeup, etc., as harsh products strip the natural oil of the skin and make it even drier.
- If you have dry skin, you will have to take care of it well and follow the above skincare tips, so that your skin can retain its glow for years to come.
- What is Dry Skin or Xerosis & How Long Does it Take To Get Rid of it?
- Cause of Dry Skin On Ear Cartilage & Its Symptoms, Treatments, Home Remedies