Natural remedies are a safe solution to remove the hair and help reduce body hair and also remove it completely.
There are various ways people mostly adopt to remove hair all of which have their own share of positives and side effects.
Razors are inexpensive, easy to use and a perfect solution for the last-minute hair removal. But, if used regularly it leads to a thick growth and a lot of itching.
Hair removal creams, just like razors are another easy option but can cause rashes, hair removal just at the surface, and takes time. The strong chemicals used in it produce an unpleasant smell and can leave the skin dry.
Waxing is expensive and painful hair removal option. The positive side of waxing is that it removes the hair from the root leaving a flawless result.
5 Natural Hair Removal Remedies
Though unbelievable, there are actually some natural remedies, which can slow down growth, reduce body hair and even remove it completely.
- Sugar Wax: It is a wax which can be easily made at home. Add 200 grams of sugar to 60ml lemon juice and 60ml water. Add the ingredients to a saucepan on the hob and stir to mix them all well. Bring the mixture to boil. Simmer it on low-medium flame, stirring it frequently. Once the mixture turns golden brown remove it. Pour it in a jar and leave it to cool. Spread the wax on the hand, leave it for a while, and then lift it from the side. Rip it from the opposite side of the hair growth. After waxing, clean the area with warm water to remove any residue.
- Pumice Stone: Along with cleaning the feet, pumice stone is used for removing hair. Its rough texture is great at catching hair and removing them from the skin. Use a dry pumice stone on a clean, dry surface in a circular motion. The hair will cling to it and will be pulled apart. Pumice stone also leaves an exfoliating effect on the skin and might make it dry. Moisturize the skin thereafter.
- Eggs: Eggs are extremely nutritious and have useful properties when it comes to beauty. Eggs get dry and create a film-like substance on the surface it sets on. This characteristic of eggs is helpful in hair removal. Take one egg white, one tablespoon sugar, and half tablespoon cornflour. Mix the ingredients and apply a thin layer to clean and dry skin. Leave for around 15-20 minutes and after 20 minutes peel off the mask. This will remove the impurities and also lift light hair. Eggs are an inexpensive way of removing unwanted facial hair.
- Papaya Paste: Papaya contains enzyme papain which can weaken the hair follicle and prevent hair growth. It does not remove the hair overnight. It is actually for those looking for a long-term solution. Take 1-2 tbsp of raw papaya and half teaspoon of turmeric powder. Mix them together to form a paste. Rub it on the skin liberally so that reaches the hair follicle. You can leave it for 15 minutes or till the time it dries, and wash off with water. To see a reduction in hair growth it has to be done regularly.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a spice found in every kitchen and is well known for its natural beauty solutions. Unwanted hair removal is one of them. Mix 3 tsp of turmeric with 1 tsp of milk. Spread the mixture on the area of the skin with unwanted hair in the same direction as the hair growth. Leave it until it dries off. Wet your hands and start scrubbing the skin in a small circular motion. Wash the area with normal temperature or lukewarm water and pat dry. Just like papaya turmeric paste should also be used regularly to reduce the growth of hair over the period of time.
There are numerous home remedies which benefit us with no fear of any side effect. Knowing how to use them properly can keep us from using the strong cosmetic procedures which harm our pocket, skin and overall health.