Can You Be Cured Of Cardiomyopathy?
People having cardiomyopathy, but not showing any symptoms may need no treatment. Many a times, dilated cardiomyopathy which comes out of a sudden may go away also on its own.
Unlike the above, treatment is a must for other types of cardiomyopathy. The treatment depends on your category of cardiomyopathy; the seriousness of the symptoms and your complications; along with your age and total health.
Can You Be Cured Of Cardiomyopathy?
A complete cure to cardiomyopathy or reversing the illness is not possible. Managing the symptoms is the priority in treating it. The main objectives of treating cardiomyopathy include:
- Handling any circumstances that arises or contribute towards the disease
- Regulating signs and symptoms
- Making sure that the disease does not gets worse
- Reducing complexities and the possibility of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA)
Treatments for Cardiomyopathies: Healthy Diet and Physical Activity
- A healthy diet carries a variety of fruits, vegetables, and grains. Half of your multi-grains must be of whole-grain products.
- Choosing foods low in saturated fat, trans-fat, and cholesterol. A healthy option contains beans, fat less meats, skinless poultry, fish, and fat-free or may be low-fat milk and also milk products.
- While making food one should cook using less amount of salt so that your sodium intake in only optimal. In case you are taking in too much salt, your blood pressure may rise.
- While having beverages choose the ones which contain added sugar in very low amounts. While the best possible way is to avoid alcohol, in case you want to consume alcoholic beverages you must have them in moderate amounts.
- Have a goal for normal weight by keeping within your daily calorie bites. Balance calories what you take in along with other calories while during physical activity. Be as much physically active as it is possible.
- One should always get medical consultancy before starting or incrementing physical activities. Chat with your physician if having an ongoing health problem, or if you are taking medicine or having symptoms like as chest pain, getting short of breath or dizziness. Your doctor will surely suggest categories and charts of physical activities that will be safe according to your needs and health.
Other Lifestyle Changes –
Your doctor can also advice on other lifestyle changes:
- Quit smoking
- Lose extra pounds
- Avoid liquor and illegal drugs
- Get enough sleep and rest
- Reduce stress
- Treat hidden conditions, like as diabetes and high blood pressure
Various medicines are used for treating cardiomyopathy. Doctor can give medicines for different reasons such as to:
ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, beta blockers, and calcium channel blockers to lower your blood pressure level.
Beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, and digoxin are examples of medicines that idle the heart rate. Beta blockers and calcium channel blockers are used also to lower blood pressure.
Keeping Your Heart Beating To a Normal Rhythm - Some medicines called antiarrhythmic, helps in preventing arrhythmias.
Balancing Electrolytes in the Body - Electrolytes which are minerals that helps in maintaining fluid levels and acid-base balance in our body. These also help muscles and nerve tissues to work properly. A very common symptom of dehydration is low abnormal levels of electrolyte. Inadequate fluid in your body, high blood pressure, heart failure, or other disorders can be a result of it. In order to bring a balance in electrolytes Aldosterone blockers can be used.
- Removing Excess Fluids And Sodium From The Body. Diuretics, or "water pills," are such examples of drugs that help in removing extra fluid and sodium from your body.
- Preventing Blood Clots From Forming. Anticoagulants, or "blood thinners," are such example of a drug that prohibits blood clots. Blood thinners are often used for preventing blood clots from forming who has dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Reducing Inflammation - Corticosteroids are such example of a drug which is used to lessen inflammation.
Surgery for Cardiomyopathy
Different types of surgery help in treating cardiomyopathy which includes septal-myectomy, implanted devices for helping your heart work properly and heart transplant.
One cannot stop inherited categories of cardiomyopathy to come into their bodies but surely one can take few steps to lower such risks leading to complications in future.
- Cardiomyopathy - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Are Cardiomyopathy And Congestive Heart Failure The Same Thing?
- What is the Life Expectancy Of A Woman Who Has Cardiomyopathy?
- How Do You Fix Cardiomyopathy?
- Can Exercise Help Cardiomyopathy?
- Can Cardiomyopathy Go Away On It’s Own?
- How Do You Get Tested For Cardiomyopathy?