7 Drink Recipes For Diabetics
Are you bored by following the strict diabetic diet and want to taste something tasty. Well a number of mouthwatering drinks can be made to break the boredom. The best part of these drinks is that they are solely meant for people with diabetes. This article discusses about 7 drink recipes for diabetics.
7 Drink Recipes For Diabetics
There are some points to be considered while preparing healthy drinks for diabetics. The very first point is whether or how much this drink can affect the blood sugar level. Another very crucial point of consideration would be the amount of calorie the drink has. For a diabetic everything has to be sugar free and low in calorie. There are many healthy drink recipes for diabetics which are not only tasty but also help in maintaining normal blood sugar level.
With little variation in the regular tea you can get an amazing drink to enjoy. Same goes with the smoothies and sorbet. The fruits and vegetables those are good for a diabetic can be used to make mouthwatering drinks.
Here in this article you will come to know about refreshing 7 drink recipes for diabetics, discussed in details.
To start off, citrus cidar is the best option. This drink is an instant mood lifter with its tangy taste and bright yellow color. Being a popular and one of the 7 drink recipes for diabetics, this drink is most suitable for parties and get together. Now, you can enjoy nonalcoholic tasty party drink which is perfect for diabetics. Below is the detailed recipe:
- Apple Juice or Apple Cider (Sugar Free): 2 Quarts
- Orange Juice (Sugar Free): 1 Cup
- Lemon Juice: ½ Cup
- Honey: ¼ Cup
- Cinnamon Stick (Broken): 8 Inches
- Whole Cloves: 8
- Fresh Ginger: 3 Slices
- Mix honey, lemon juice, orange juice and apple juice together in a slow cooker.
- Stir well till the honey dissolves.
- Make a spice bag with a cheesecloth and place ginger, cloves and cinnamon in its center.
- Once the spice bag is ready put it into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 hours in low heat.
- Remove and discard the spice bag.
- Once its ready set it to cool and put inside the freezer for 3-4 hours to set.
- Serve it with lemon wedges and crushed ice to enjoy the most.
This is one of the refreshing 7 drink recipes for diabetics, which is really very easy to make. With few simple ingredients you can get your favourite brunch ready for the cocktail party. The punch of apricot nectar with orange juice gives this drink an interesting and complex flavour. Find out the recipe below:
- Thin Wedges of Lemon & orange: 12
- Chilled Orange Juice: 3 Cups
- Chilled Apricot Nectar: 3 Cups
- Ice Cubes: 2 Cups
- Sparkling Water 750 ml: 1 bottle
- With the use of orange and lemon wedges make flavoured ice cubes.
- Take a punch bowl or a glass pitcher and pour apricot nectar and orange juice into it.
- Add the sparkling water and flavoured ice cubes and give a stir.
- Its ready to serve.
Apple and Spinach Smoothie
There is no need to mention the health benefits of apple and spinach. Both are highly nutritious and very good for the health of a diabetes patient. Two other ingredients those make this smoothie the best are Greek yogurt and maple syrup. This yummy smoothie is one of the healthy 7 drink recipes for diabetics. Let’s check out the recipe:
- Small Apple: 1 (cored & chopped)
- Baby Spinach: 2 ounces
- Unsweetened Orange juice or apple juice: 1/3 cup
- Ground Flax Seeds: 2 tbsp
- Maple Syrup: 1 tsp
- Ice Cubes: 1 cup
In a blender put all the ingredients without ice cubes and blend until it becomes puree. Now add the ice cubes and blend again until smooth. That’s it! You are done. Pour into your favorite glass, garnish with cherry stick and enjoy.
Blackberries are rich in polyphenols, low in carbs and rich in fiber. Thus, trying a nutty and tasty blackberry smoothie would be great for refreshment. This mouthwatering fruit smoothie is one of the healthy 7 drink recipes for diabetics:
- Fresh Blackberries: 1 and ½ cups
- Greek Yogurt: ½ cup (fat free)
- Honey: 2 tbsp
- Ice Cubes: 1 cup
In a mixer put all the ingredients and blend until smooth like a puree. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and enjoy!
The next in the list is the watermelon sorbet. Before we start with this one of 7 drink recipes for diabetics, let’s check out the benefits watermelon offers to a diabetic patient. This fruit is a rich source of potassium, vitamin C, B6 and A. They naturally have no cholesterol or fat and hence are beneficial for a diabetic patient. Here’s the recipe:
- Watermelon cubes: 3 cups (deseeded)
- Skimmed Milk Powder: 2 tbsp
- Sugar Substitutes: 2 gm
- Lemon Juice: 2 tsp
- Take all the ingredients in the mentioned proportion and blend well till smooth.
- Once the mixer is smooth transfer it into a shallow container; cover it with a lead and leave it for 5-6 hours into the freezer.
- With the use of a fork scrape out the sorbet and serve in transparent glass by icing with fresh mint leaves.
Pick a glass full of iced mocha to enhance your mood with one of the healthiest 7 drink recipes for diabetics. This is one of easy to prepare drinks for diabetics that perfectly fit the carb budget. With simple and easily available ingredients this drink is the best for the coffee lovers.
- Cold Water: 1 cup
- Grounded Espresso roast or French roast coffee: ¼ Cup
- Milk (Fat-free): ½ Cup
- Chocolate-flavoured Drink (Sugar Free): 2tbsp
- Ice Cubes
- Add water in a saucepan and put to boil. Brew the grounded coffee as directed.
- Take a measuring glass and pour the coffee and stir in the drink mix and milk.
- Serve the delicious and chilled coffee mixture with added ice cubes in tall glasses.
Green Tea with Cranberry and Mango
This is one of the best 7 drink recipes for diabetics as it comes with the goodness of green tea mixed with the rich flavors of mango and cranberries. The cranberries offer the tea a tart flavor and make it rich in antioxidants. Due to the presence of high level of antioxidants this tea becomes perfect for the morning time.
- Water: 4 cups
- Frozen or chopped fresh Mango: 1 cup
- Fresh Cranberries: 1 cup
- Sliced Fresh Ginger (1 inch): 1
- Green Tea: 4 tea bags
- Thin Sliced lemon: To Garnish
- Sugar Substitute: To Taste
- Take water, cranberries, mango and ginger in a saucepan and put to heat. Once bubbles begin to appear reduce the heat, put the cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tea bags after removing from heat.
- Serve it with ice cubes to get refreshed
Once diagnosed with diabetes we start following strict diet with strict routine. But, we should never deprive ourselves from the tasty and natural flavours. With these simple 7 drink recipes for diabetics, you will certainly get a chance to enjoy tasty drinks and keep your blood sugar level under control.
- How Android Apps For Diabetes Can Help Diabetics?
- Yoga for Diabetics: Yoga Poses to Help Control Sugar Levels
- Why do Diabetics Pee a Lot & How to Manage Increased Urination in Diabetes?
- Can Diabetics Eat Grapes?
- Is Ice Cream Good for Diabetics
- Is Yogurt Good for Diabetics
- List of Foods Good For Pre-Diabetics