Marijuana, a weed is a very popular drug that people used for pleasure and also for various health purposes.
It is considered to be a nutritional herb that has a lot more to offer than the characteristic euphoric high. For example, marijuana seeds are often used to calm anxiety.
THC is one of the 100 active compounds known as cannabinoids in marijuana(1)
A large number of healthy options ensure marijuana to have a place amidst all the foods that are a part of a healthy diet.
Medical marijuana is used in several places, such as cannabinoids (CBD) that serve numerous therapeutic benefits for various ailments. They can be used to treat health issues such as(2):
- Gastrointestinal Health: Marijuana oil, tincture, or gummies can be used to treat poor appetite, pain, and weight loss in those suffering from cancer.
- Cardiac health
- Relieves anxiety, improves sleep and depression. Marijuana seeds are often used to calm anxiety
- Inflammation: Cannabis-infused topical applicants made act as an anti-inflammatory and relieve pain.
- Chronic Pain: The powerful combination of therapeutic compounds present in this plant effectively reduce pain related to various conditions
- Skin conditions such as dry skin, acne and psoriasis
- Sleep and anxiety disorders
Knowing all this, you would want to know, how marijuana can be a part of our daily healthy diet. Let’s find an answer below.
7 Ways In Which Marijuana Can Be A Part Of A Healthy Diet
Infuse It In Drinks
- Whether it is hot chocolate, coffee, tea, shakes, juices, or even alcoholic beverages, everyone prefers drinks in some kind or other.
- Marijuana can be infused in the morning drinks, such as tea and coffee. It can also be a part of shakes, smoothies, and fresh juices. It can be a better alternative to smoking for those in a habit of it.
- Sipping a cup of marijuana tea after a stressful work relaxes the body.
- You can also find marijuana-infused alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages in markets.
- Infusing marijuana in drinks is an excellent way to reap its therapeutic benefits and also the best way to keep the body hydrated.
Marijuana In Cooking Oil
- If looking for the healthy options of cooking oil to include in your diet medical marijuana, hemp, and CBD oil are the good options.
- Using cooking oil containing marijuana does not alter its taste in anyways. It is just a good option to add this herb to the diet.
- Marijuana oil can be made by grinding marijuana and adding it to the heated base oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, or canola oil. Strain the mixture and refrigerate it to use for long.
- It can also be easily availed from cannabis retailers or dispensaries but make sure you use high-quality oil for cooking. This oil is, different from the CBD oils and tincture that are meant for oral and sublingual applications.
Edibles and Gummies
- Cannabis as edibles can be obtained in various forms such as candies cookies, bars, gummies, and baked products. These can be a perfect alternative for outdoor cannabis consumption.
- They are easily available and you can carry a pack or two for a hike or can keep them in a bowl in the house to take a bite whenever you feel like.
- Hemp seeds are considered one amongst the many superfoods that can be added as a salad dressing to enhance the nutritive power of it.
- They are power-packed with heart-healthy omega-3, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Hemp seeds can be eaten raw and can also be used for cooking. It helps manage weight and improve gut health.
- They can be a safer and nutritious substitute for other seeds and nut.
- Marijuana flour is another option of making the plant a part of a healthy diet.
- The flour is prepared by grinding dry marijuana leaves or seeds. It is a good option for those who prefer homemade meals. Make sure the leaves are dry while grinding otherwise it would turn into a paste.
- The marijuana flour can be added to cooking in a number of ways.
- Snacks are taken in between meals and help curb appetite and hunger for the meals.
- You can opt for the nuts and cashews that are infused with marijuana, as snacks.
- The snacks can be made just like other snacks and are the perfect choice for essential nutrients and cannabinoids that can serve with various health benefits.
- Munching on such marijuana snacks would help maintain weight and keep away cardiovascular problems.
- Supplement capsules are an easy and quick way to deliver the essential micronutrients to the body.
- CBD and THC supplements can be found in specific concentrations and can be taken with or around meals.
- They can be taken when targeting a specific medical benefit.
Marijuana is a magical herb with numerous healing powers. It can be easily grown even in the balcony of the house. It is good to know about its benefits and your tolerance capacity before consuming it.