Near-sightedness or myopia is a common condition of the eyes, in which you can see closer objects clearly but, distant objects appear blurred to you.
Alternative Treatment For Near-Sightedness
If you wish to try alternative methods for treating near-sightedness, there may be a few options available out there. Though there is not enough evidence suggesting that you will surely benefit from these methods or that your near-sightedness will get completely cured, they are still worth a try.
Natural Vision Correction-
Natural vision correction is a credence that says you can enhance your vision by using methods like eye exercises, eye massage, relaxation techniques, etc.
- Some people believe it to be working and others think it is just a waste of time.
- There is no proof or scientific evidence backing this theory, however, practitioners of this method find it to be very effective.
- There are studies that show this technique may help certain eye problems, even if not near-sightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism.
- The focus of this methodology is to heal, develop and/or improve how you see
- They call it visual therapy and it is a kind of physical therapy for your eyes
Some expert practitioners of this therapy believe that it may help in treating convergence insufficiency- a condition in which your eyes have difficulty in moving together to focus on an object as it moves nearer and nearer. Convergence insufficiency may lead to eye problems like double vision, eye strain, etc.
According to some experts, if your focusing system is focusing too hard, you may get blurred vision. Natural vision correction therapy may take care of the cause of the problem and improve your vision. Even so, it is seen to be effective in a very small number of people(1)
Ayurveda boasts of some easy formulae to give you relief from the symptoms of near-sightedness-
A tablespoon of mulethi or Glycyrrhiza glabra mixed with a little ghee or clarified butter and honey can help in healing near-sightedness(2)
- This is an ayurvedic medicine made up of triphala, mulethi, lauha bhasma, clarified butter and honey
- It helps in improving the nervous system and calms the symptoms of near-sightedness
- It is even more beneficial when taken with milk(2)
- Near-sightedness may worsen if there is a lack of essential nutrients in your diet
- Your eyes need vitamins, mineral, and other nutrients to stay at their optimum health. Deprivation from these nutrients can affect the health of your eyes
- Carrots, leafy greens, citrus fruits, berries, nuts, and seeds are extremely important for your eye health
- Fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and can improve your eye health when consumed in the right way(2)
- Eye drops have been proven effective in correcting near-sightedness in modern medicine
- Netra tarpan implies ayurvedic eye drops, that have healing properties and soothe eye irritation along with improving the vision(2)
Making certain lifestyle changes may improve our eyesight
Is Near-Sightedness A Progressive Problem?
Near-sightedness may develop at any age and usually stabilizes when you are in your twenties. In some cases, it may keep progressing and may cause serious vision problems, including permanent vision loss. While it is not exactly a progressive disease in everyone, it may worsen if left untreated. An error correcting treatment along with regular eye check-ups will ensure that the condition does not progress.
If you wish to go for alternative treatment for near-sightedness, there are a few options available. Though near-sightedness may not be progressive in everyone, if left untreated it may cause severe damage to the vision in some.
- Can You Improve Near-Sightedness, & Can It Be Reversed?
- Does Near-Sightedness Improve Or Worsen With Age & Who Is At Risk?
- Does Reading Cause Near-Sightedness & What Is Worse Near-Sighted Or Farsighted?