7 Ways To Reduce Dandruff Using Neem Oil
Neem oil is a natural vegetable oil extracted out of neem fruits and neem seeds. This is a highly effective remedy to treat dandruff. Let us look at 7 ways to reduce dandruff using neem oil.
7 Ways To Reduce Dandruff Using Neem Oil
Itchy scalp caused due to dandruff can be treated by using neem oil, and the wonderful properties of neem oil helps make your scalp very smooth. Hair conditioners and shampoos contain some harmful chemicals which worsens the condition when used to treat dandruff.
It is hence, necessary to be wise while selecting a shampoo to treat dandruff and try to avoid chemicals containing shampoos or conditioners. Use neem oil to get rid of dandruff, it’s the best option ever.
Here are the most effective 7 ways to reduce dandruff using neem oil:
- Clean your hair during your regular hair wash and apply apple cider vinegar on your scalp. Allow it to be there for one or two minutes. Rinse it off and allow your hair to partially dry. After this, gently massage your scalp with some neem oil. Shampoo your hair after 2 hours. This is one of the simplest 7 ways to reduce dandruff using neem oil.
- For some, application of concentrated neem oil on the scalp can be very strong. In such cases, one of the effective ways to reduce dandruff using neem oil is to mix it with some other oils like olive oil, jojoba oil, or coconut oil before using it. You can allow it to be there for an hour and then rinse your hair with shampoo.
- One of the 7 ways to reduce dandruff using neem oil is the form of home-made neem shampoo. You can also prepare neem shampoo just by mixing ½ a teaspoon of neem oil in your shampoo bottle. Mix the ingredients by gently shaking the bottle. Apply this once in a week for the best results.
- Other way to reduce dandruff using neem oil is to use a combination of oils. Take one tablespoon of each olive oil and neem oil and mix them well. Apply this mixture on the scalp and rinse it off after 20 minutes with your regular shampoo. This will also work as a good hair conditioner and helps to make your hair soft and shiny. Another combination of oils popularly used to reduce dandruff basil oil, tea tree oil and neem oil in equal amount.
- Neem oil contributes a lot in promoting the hair growth. Take a few neem oil drops, one tablespoon of basil leaves powder, one tablespoon of fenugreek powder into a bowl and mix them well. Apply it on your hair and scalp thoroughly. Rinse it off after 2 hours. The antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of this mixture will nourish your hair roots and is one of the effective 7 ways to reduce dandruff using neem oil.
- Scalp related infections can be treated very effectively by applying neem oil. One of the 7 ways to reduce dandruff using neem oil is to add lemon to it. Take a bowl and mix lemon peel and neem oil in it. Apply this oil on your scalp regularly to reduce dandruff. Lemon peel also helps a lot in preventing infections related to scalp, moisturizes your hair and keeps them healthy.
- Add a few drops of neem oil to one cup of curd and mix them well. Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp properly. Allow it to dry for 20 minutes and rinse it off. This is the best remedy ever for treating an itchy scalp and one of the 7 ways to reduce dandruff using neem oil.
Precautions when applying neem oil to hair and scalp:
- Always store the neem oil in a dry and cool place.
- Avoid exposing it directly to the sunlight.
- Never preserve this oil in a refrigerator.
- Go for a patch test before you apply neem oil on your scalp.
Neem oil can be used in several ways and these are the best 7 ways to reduce dandruff using neem oil. Use them regularly to get a healthy, dandruff free scalp and strong, shiny hair.
- What Causes Dandruff on Face & How to Get Rid of It?
- What Causes Dandruff & How To Get Rid Of It?
- Is Dandruff Contagious & Can it Cause Hair Loss?
- How Long Does it Take to Cure Dandruff?
- Dandruff Vs Dry Scalp: Differences Based on Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
- What Are The Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dandruff?
- Do’s and Don'ts To Get Rid of Dandruff