Having dandruff on face and scalp is an embarrassing situation, but is commonly faced by many people. As dandruff is a common problem, it is important to know the causes of dandruff on face and how to get rid of it.
The prime cause of dandruff on face is fungal, known as malassezia, which outbreaks, when a person does not take proper care of his face and scalp. It is very important that a person should stay clean and hygienic, so that there are no traces of any fungal infection. The process of removal of dandruff on face is quite a slow process; hence the person should have patience for getting rid of dandruff on face completely.
What Causes Dandruff on Face?
Here are some of the prime causes of dandruff on face.
- Generally, the main reason behind triggering dandruff on face is due to the yeast infection, also termed as malassezia. This is one of the commonest causes and can also lead to fungal infections elsewhere on the body.
- Dandruff on the scalp region is also one of the causes of the dandruff on face, particularly in beard and eyebrows of the face.
- Oily skin is thought to be linked with skin problems and can be one of the causes of dandruff on face.
- Hormonal changes in the body or mental stress can also be related to dandruff on face, in some cases.
- Some studies suggest that people who have digestive problems are more prone to dandruff problems. Commonly occurring indigestion can be one of the causes of dandruff on face and scalp.
- Certain diseases like AIDS or stroke or any other immune disorders can be one the causes of dandruff on face. Those under treatment for cancer like chemotherapy or others too can contribute to dandruff on face in some people.
- Use of hair care or beauty products can also be the cause of dandruff on face. Some people may experience dandruff on face after treatments in salon or after sharing of personal items.
How to Get Rid of Dandruff on Face?
Getting completely rid of face dandruff is a difficult task but can be managed with proper medication and home remedies. One needs to work really hard for it getting rid of dandruff on face from his body. A person should maintain hygiene and take proper care of their face, to eliminate the problem of face dandruff completely. Washing the face with clean water can help and it is better to avoid the use of any chemical products in face.
However, dandruff on face and scalp can be managed with some specialized medical shampoos, and other over the counter medications. One can seek medical opinion if required; physicians may prescribe oral medications as well. However, there are some home remedies from dandruff on face, which can help to a great extent.
Home Remedies for Dandruff on Face
- Make a mixture of curd and green gram flour and apply the mixture over the face and other regions where dandruff is present. After waiting for one hour, wash it with lukewarm water. This is one of the best home remedies to not only get rid of dandruff on face but also to get a glowing skin.
- Lime is one the anti-dandruff home remedies, considered wonderful in eliminating dandruff on your face. Apply lime juice on your face, especially on the eyebrows and in the beard, which are the major regions of flaking dandruff. This home remedy proves to be more effective when applied after fuller’s earth mask application. Doing this will help in the elimination of dead skin on face.
- Apart from face applications, other home remedies to get rid of dandruff on face also include a healthy, nutritional diet, full of fiber, vitamins and plenty of water. It is best to avoid fried food items, fast food, alcohol, cigarette and other stimulants to avoid dandruff on face and skin.
- Remedies for dandruff on face may also include anti-fungal skin creams, which are known to be an effective treatment and must be taken as prescribed.
People often get confused that dandruff is only related to the scalp, but it is certainly not true, as dandruff on face is also a common problem. It is possible that dandruff on face may be associated with scalp dandruff as well. When you find that there is a type of flaky skin on your eyes and at the back of your ears, it is probably dandruff on face. Making use of some of the above mentioned remedies can help in getting rid of it effectively.
- What Causes Dandruff & How To Get Rid Of It?
- Is Dandruff Contagious & Can it Cause Hair Loss?
- How Long Does it Take to Cure Dandruff?